Become a Patron!

HELP! Temp Control/ Coil? I'm confused

koreankid1993

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
first idk if this is the right section so i do apologize.

i just bought a thunderstorm tank. and it comes with 1 Kanthal A1 coil build and 1 Ni200 coil build. and there was a warning sign that says for the ni200 its best to use a temp control mod. I tried to look up some information on the temp control mod boxs but im still confused idk what exactly it does and why Nickel coil best for those? can anyone simplify this or what a temp control mod is and best used for? I currently own a Sigelei 150w regulated and i get those that has a high temp protection so i thought that was a temp control but i guess theres a whole separate thing for it...?

Help me please and thank you :)

CloudySkies

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I understand how TC works, its kind of like antilock breaks on a car. Even if you slam the brake pedal down your wheels won't lock up, the computer feathers the brakes to assist in stopping. TC mods work the same, they sort of measure how hot the coil is and basically feather the power to the coil to help it remain at a constant temp while vaping. AFAIK Nickel200 is the only material that can be used in TC mods. It has to do with its change in resistance as heat rises and the mod measures that change in resistance and adjusts power accordingly. I don't own a Sigelei 150 but I have been eyeing one and I can tell you it does not have TC of its the boxy shaped one. The one that isn't boxy and is 150w does have TC. I don't know what high temp protection does.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
don't use the nickel coil on the sig 150 (risk of battery explosion)
you need a temp control mod i.e. Evolv Dna 40 or Dna 200. Yihi Sx mini M class. Pioneer4you iPV4 or iPV3 Li to name a few.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
risk of battery explosion
Really??? Please explain this to me. I'm am dying to know how that would/could occur. The Sigelei 150 is a regulated device. The Thunderhead tank's ni-200 coil is at .1 ohms and within the specified range that the Sigelei will function with. Please explain how the mod will know that the coil is made from nickle and not nichrome or kanthal resulting in a possible explosion.

To any one else reading: Please don't do this. The use of nickle coils is potentially unsafe due to health risks. Not explosion.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, list the health risks in using nickel coils for all of us?
The issues "could" occur using a nickle coil with a non tc mod. It is regarded as an unnecessary risk, hence the warning included in his tank.

An uptake of too large quantities of nickel has the following consequences:
- Higher chances of development of lung cancer, nose cancer, larynx cancer and prostate cancer
- Sickness and dizziness after exposure to nickel gas
- Lung embolism
- Respiratory failure
- Birth defects
- Asthma and chronic bronchitis
- Allergic reactions such as skin rashes, mainly from jewelry
- Heart disorders

Read more: http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/ni.htm#ixzz3hKKfDPQX

Last edited:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose when I have "An uptake of too large quantities of nickel" I will worry about it.

Now what's your take on Kanthal?

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or perhaps a malfunctioning temperature control mod?
Looks like you have not read the blog, I do not believe that a non regulated mod would be capable of reaching 2651F, or a malfunctioning TC mod either.
Hmmm

VU Sponsors