Become a Patron!

Help the new guy!

hey guys, I'm new to vaping. I'd smoked disposable e cigs and whatnot and wanted to upgrade, so now I have a hades mod (I'm assuming it's a clone) with a Cerberus atty (also assuming it's a clone) with the drip tip from a tugboat. I've been having issues in the past with the could and whatnot, and today I tried to put in some coils that I bought that were pre-wound. They were 24g kanthal, and when I tried to Fire it up to make sure they were working right the coils didn't light up at all and there was smoke coming up from the deck. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? The battery is a 26650 and I can't post pictures right this second but I can if I need to later. Thanks!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey guys, I'm new to vaping. I'd smoked disposable e cigs and whatnot and wanted to upgrade, so now I have a hades mod (I'm assuming it's a clone) with a Cerberus atty (also assuming it's a clone) with the drip tip from a tugboat. I've been having issues in the past with the could and whatnot, and today I tried to put in some coils that I bought that were pre-wound. They were 24g kanthal, and when I tried to Fire it up to make sure they were working right the coils didn't light up at all and there was smoke coming up from the deck. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? The battery is a 26650 and I can't post pictures right this second but I can if I need to later. Thanks!
Jumping from cigalikes right into sub-ohming is probably not the wisest move. Perhaps you should get some various tanks first and take it slower.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I understand the 26650 battery gives out 3.7 volts so any tank with a resistance of 1.8 ohms to 2.5 ohms should be okay, but of course a vv/vw device would be more ideal since there are so many factors that also come into play.

Also I've tried fixing it by turning it on and trying to light up the coils but it smelled like something was burning and whenever I plug the battery into the charger the light is red, even though I've only taken it off when it's green, do I need a new battery?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also I've tried fixing it by turning it on and trying to light up the coils but it smelled like something was burning and whenever I plug the battery into the charger the light is red, even though I've only taken it off when it's green, do I need a new battery?
I don't know man, sounds like you're having problems with your stuff that I'm no expert at. I hope someone with more knowledge on mechs comes in and helps you out. Good luck.

nbp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You need to take it step by step.
If you have only one mod and one RBA it is not enough. I think you better order new gear, maybe something nice like Cloupor 30w and mabe the Lemo atomizer which you will have the ability to "play" with the gap.
Than you can start checking what is wrong with the equipment you have.
It can be the battery, the mod or the build.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When rebuilding you need to have an OHM reader to check your builds. An OHM reader is a MUST, I prefer to use mine as a build deck but you could use a mod to check your ohms. If you didnt check your build then you dont know if the ohms are safe for your batteries. You also cant tell if the build is good or if it is shorting out.

Riptides

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you're having a battery issue, which can be dangerous. I know this thread is kind of old but if you haven't found a solution yet I would at least stop using the battery immediately. Go with a regulated mod. Try an iStick 20watt and Nautilus mini combo, or something similar. If you're dead set on sub-ohming there is a few good tanks on the market for that too.

VU Sponsors