Become a Patron!

HELP!! URGENT!!!

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone. I was just vaping when I released I had a bunch of silica gels (the ones that come in those packs you find in a new jacket) and that I had my vape in the pocket.. looked inside the vape and found a bunch of them inside. What do guys think? I vape from a Smok baby alien al85.I know that silica is un reactive (Im chem student) but I don't know what else they put in those gels.

I also thoroughly cleaned the vape with warm water and dried it out. Is it safe to use the same coil?

Thanks allot in advance.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As long as you cleaned it out, it's probably fine. When you say they were in the vape, do you mean in the drip tip?

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mean the part all the way down. Im new to vaping but I believe that area gets hot, correct ? Im sure the temperature around that area is enough to melt the gels. I vape around 40 watts. And I smoked quite a bit.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You vape, you don't smoke. Not with this. ;) I think you mean the chimney going down into the coils, yes? As long as you cleaned it out and didn't vape with any of the gels inside, it's likely fine.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Despite the do not eat warnings on the things, they are harmless. The warnings are there mostly to cause parents to keep them away from children. In rare cases they may contain cobalt chloride but not enough to be concerned. Worst case in that event would be nausea.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o03qydYaL01qzz40io1_400_zpsszw8ccae.jpg

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi everyone. I was just vaping when I released I had a bunch of silica gels (the ones that come in those packs you find in a new jacket) and that I had my vape in the pocket.. looked inside the vape and found a bunch of them inside. What do guys think? I vape from a Smok baby alien al85.I know that silica is un reactive (Im chem student) but I don't know what else they put in those gels.

I also thoroughly cleaned the vape with warm water and dried it out. Is it safe to use the same coil?

Thanks allot in advance.

So maybe since Im not a chem student, I need to clarity.

Youre saying that you put your vape device ( atty and mod ) in the pocket of a garment , that was in a package or you had the little silica beads just loose?

Then somehow the little gel beads, (whatever) got inside your tank ?

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah guys I did vape with the gels inside. It was the whitish ones so they do not contain cobalt dichloride.

Does vape juice contain anything from this list: -hydrogen fluoride, fluorine, oxygen difluoride, chlorine trifluoride, strong acids, strong bases, and oxidizers?

Thanks everyone for the quick replies!

Why the HELL would ejuice contain any of that garbage? It's PG, VG, nicotine, and flavor. Period. If it's got any of that miscellaneous chemical stew you mentioned, it's not ejuice.

Andria

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah guys I did vape with the gels inside. It was the whitish ones so they do not contain cobalt dichloride.

Does vape juice contain anything from this list: -hydrogen fluoride, fluorine, oxygen difluoride, chlorine trifluoride, strong acids, strong bases, and oxidizers?

Thanks everyone for the quick replies!

I think you call poison control and go to an ER. Then you need to check yourself into another type of hospital and figure out WHY you proceeded to vape if you saw anything in your tank that was not in there when you set it up.

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you call poison control and go to an ER. Then you need to check yourself into another type of hospital and figure out WHY you proceeded to vape if you saw anything in your tank that was not in there when you set it up.

Why in the world would I proceed to vape after finding out I had silica beads in my mod? Once I saw the beads I disassemble the tank, cleaned everything and replaced the coil.

As for your other question;
1)The packet ripped open and the beads spilled out.
2)I placed my vape in my pocket before heading out.
3)The vape and the silica beads moved around as I walked to school.
4)The beads got inside.
5)I pulled out my vape to smoke.
6) Realized strange taste.
7)As I was placing the mod back in my pocket I noticed the beads.
8) Inspected the mod with a flashlight and found a bunch of beads inside.

Hence this post. Can you picture what happened now?

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why the HELL would ejuice contain any of that garbage? It's PG, VG, nicotine, and flavor. Period. If it's got any of that miscellaneous chemical stew you mentioned, it's not ejuice.

Andria

I just started vaping last week. Got it as a gift to help me stop smoking. Wasn't really sure what vape juice contained until this evening. I was making sure as if it did, it would have reacted with the silica.

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh FFS, rinse it out and keep on vaping!

Im vaping right now! Love this thing. But I have a question; how are tobacco companies still in business? Up until a few days ago I was a pack a day smoker(6-7 years) and now I have zero cravings even with 3mg juice. I don't think I ever went 4 days without smoking. I tried everything to help me quit and my doc never mentioned a word about vaping..

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im vaping right now! Love this thing. But I have a question; how are tobacco companies still in business?

Fear mongering and the FDA

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Im vaping right now! Love this thing. But I have a question; how are tobacco companies still in business? Up until a few days ago I was a pack a day smoker(6-7 years) and now I have zero cravings even with 3mg juice. I don't think I ever went 4 days without smoking. I tried everything to help me quit and my doc never mentioned a word about vaping..

That's a good question. I think some smokers aren't even aware of vaping, don't want to quit smoking, or have written it off as a gimmick. Denial is a hell of a drug.

Some of them have already tried vaping and didn't care for it. A lot of people that tried vaping back when everything was a cigalike or clearomizer didn't care for it because the devices sucked and didn't do shit for cravings.

There's more of a stigma now too, which might make someone more leary of vaping, with all the trash anti-vape ads out there.

That's my take on it, I'm sure there's other reasons to discuss as well.

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fear mongering and the FDA

What do they say? I spent some time today learning more about this whole vaping thing and my "smoker side" tried to find any fault with vaping until I realized I probably won't smoke another cigarette in my life. Thank god I gave this a shot.

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a good question. I think some smokers aren't even aware of vaping, don't want to quit smoking, or have written it off as a gimmick. Denial is a hell of a drug.

Some of them have already tried vaping and didn't care for it. A lot of people that tried vaping back when everything was a cigalike or clearomizer didn't care for it because the devices sucked and didn't do shit for cravings.

There's more of a stigma now too, which might make someone more leary of vaping, with all the trash anti-vape ads out there.

That's my take on it, I'm sure there's other reasons to discuss as well.

I see. I was wondering why my friends were making fun of me when they saw me pull the vape out. Didn't really get what was so funny.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What do they say? I spent some time today learning more about this whole vaping thing and my "smoker side" tried to find any fault with vaping until I realized I probably won't smoke another cigarette in my life. Thank god I gave this a shot.
Check some of the vaping advocacy sites for better information
Casaa
Sfata
Not blowing smoke

Basically they push the few stories out there of people not following battery safety or basic mod safety resulting in a thermal runaway.

They push false stories with made up statistics

Tell people that it's as bad or worse than smoking

The FDA has been trying to get our gear off the shelves for years, because they make more money from combustible tobacco.

It's all about the FDA getting there pound of flesh

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why in the world would I proceed to vape after finding out I had silica beads in my mod? Once I saw the beads I disassemble the tank, cleaned everything and replaced the coil.

As for your other question;
1)The packet ripped open and the beads spilled out.
2)I placed my vape in my pocket before heading out.
3)The vape and the silica beads moved around as I walked to school.
4)The beads got inside.
5)I pulled out my vape to smoke.
6) Realized strange taste.
7)As I was placing the mod back in my pocket I noticed the beads.
8) Inspected the mod with a flashlight and found a bunch of beads inside.

Hence this post. Can you picture what happened now?

I guess I must be a bit dense or you have a set up that Im really not familiar with.
I have all sorts of Rebuildable tanks and I just cant see how anything could get into any of mine. I can see this happening with a dripper type of atomizer , but with a tank I just cant see how.

Im glad you are not ill. Im also very glad you are enjoying switching to vaping. Im sorry if I came off "bitchy" but Im still clueless as to how silica beads could get into my atomizer. I have plenty of the little silca packets and if I have to , Im going to see if I can get some of the beads in one of mine. :)

PS. Even if the beads managed to slip down the chimney , the beads would land on the wick and coil, how could the beads, (at least in mine ) get into the liquid/ tank?

Im getting a head ache. :confused:

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, they're actually losing sales even faster now with vaping on the scene than they were when it was just the smoke nazis on the rampage, which is why most all the big tobacco companies are branching into their own lines of vape stuff.... but, they really don't get it -- most of them are still offering just tobacco or menthol flavors, which is fine for when you first switch, but most vapers start to remember how icky tobacco actually tastes, and go on to the flavors of things that actually taste GOOD. The other thing that plays against BT is that vaping has been a user-driven phenomenon, with very rapid market response to user needs and demands... whereas BT are all giant behemoths which need focus groups in order to run focus groups for ANYTHING. They're outdated and archaic. But, there ARE still those who cling stubbornly to smoking, mostly because of all the bad press that vaping is getting, which leads me to the next point:

The tobacco companies aren't our biggest foe, not by a long shot. That would be big pharma, with all their useless patches and gum and whatnot, and of course all the cancer and COPD medications, and the gov't itself, with all their tobacco taxes and the infamous Master Settlement Agreement. BP and the gov't are fighting vaping with everything they can muster, laws and taxes and getting all those "charitable" orgs, which are really just paid mouthpieces for big pharma, to come down against vaping.

But the truth will always remain true, no matter what anyone says about it, so their days of riding the tobacco death train are numbered, and they know it.

Andria

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I must be a bit dense or you have a set up that Im really not familiar with.
I have all sorts of Rebuildable tanks and I just cant see how anything could get into any of mine. I can see this happening with a dripper type of atomizer , but with a tank I just cant see how.

Im glad you are not ill. Im also very glad you are enjoying switching to vaping. Im sorry if I came off "bitchy" but Im still clueless as to how silica beads could get into my atomizer. I have plenty of the little silca packets and if I have to , Im going to see if I can get some of the beads in one of mine. :)

Its cool. What is the atomizer exactly? When I shined my flashlight down the opening ( or I guess the chimney) I saw some beads stuck to the side and others were sitting at the lowest point straight down. I assumed that was where the vaporizing happens and freaked out. I had a bad, somewhat similar experience before so I was freaking out all day lol

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, they're actually losing sales even faster now with vaping on the scene than they were when it was just the smoke nazis on the rampage, which is why most all the big tobacco companies are branching into their own lines of vape stuff.... but, they really don't get it -- most of them are still offering just tobacco or menthol flavors, which is fine for when you first switch, but most vapers start to remember how icky tobacco actually tastes, and go on to the flavors of things that actually taste GOOD. The other thing that plays against BT is that vaping has been a user-driven phenomenon, with very rapid market response to user needs and demands... whereas BT are all giant behemoths which need focus groups in order to run focus groups for ANYTHING. They're outdated and archaic. But, there ARE still those who cling stubbornly to smoking, mostly because of all the bad press that vaping is getting, which leads me to the next point:

The tobacco companies aren't our biggest foe, not by a long shot. That would be big pharma, with all their useless patches and gum and whatnot, and of course all the cancer and COPD medications, and the gov't itself, with all their tobacco taxes and the infamous Master Settlement Agreement. BP and the gov't are fighting vaping with everything they can muster, laws and taxes and getting all those "charitable" orgs, which are really just paid mouthpieces for big pharma, to come down against vaping.

But the truth will always remain true, no matter what anyone says about it, so their days of riding the tobacco death train are numbered, and they know it.

Andria

Thanks for the info! This is ridiculous. From what I gathered, modern vapes should have been treated as medical miracle and handed to tobacco addicts like, for example, how Suboxone was handed to ****** addicts. If only this shift happened a decade or so earlier. Could have been hanging out with my grandpa right now :(. Im going to try educate as many smokers as I can once I understand this a little more.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info! This is ridiculous. From what I gathered, modern vapes should have been treated as medical miracle and handed to tobacco addicts like, for example, how Suboxone was handed to ****** addicts. If only this shift happened a decade or so earlier. Could have been hanging out with my grandpa right now :(. Im going to try educate as many smokers as I can once I understand this a little more.

Yeah I found it quite shocking and appalling when I learned all this in 2014, that all those control-freak nannies out there dont' REALLY want ANYONE to actually quit smoking, because that would deprive them of a) someone to demonize and boss around and feel superior to, and b) all the money involved in both the smoking and smoking-cessation industries, and so c) their jobs -- they're playing both sides against us, and have been for DECADES, and all us poor americans thinking our gov't actually cares about us -- they don't, they care about our MONEY, and not even a jot about how many of us succumb to smoking-related illness and death -- except as a means of beating us over the head with higher taxes and fees and surcharges based on the supposed "high cost of smoke-related illness." It's a complete hoax; their only regret is that vaping was invented and has become popular, which enables us to actually see thru their various hoaxes to the lies and venality behind them.

Here's some of the best places to read, to get you started -- and it really is appalling, how we've been lied to and stolen from!

https://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com/
http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/
http://www.clivebates.com/
https://antithrlies.com/
http://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.com/
http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/
http://www.ecigarette-politics.com/

Andria

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It really is disturbing to contemplate the true motives fueling the fight against vaping. You would think it would be embraced, if for no other reason than the simple fact that it removes combustion from the equation resulting in a product that is orders of magnitude safer than the object it replaces.

If the actual objective was improving public health outcomes as a whole ( as has been stated with the various 'End Smoking' campaigns and other tobacco/smoking related initiatives ) rather than merely providing a means to overtly tax a given group of items, vaping would not be scrutinized and demonized so severely.

Whatever the reasons, be it money, control or some perverse aversion to allowing anybody to enjoy something you personally don't find appealing, it's clearly NOT about helping people break their smoking addiction and improving their long term health.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really is disturbing to contemplate the true motives fueling the fight against vaping. You would think it would be embraced, if for no other reason than the simple fact that it removes combustion from the equation resulting in a product that is orders of magnitude safer than the object it replaces.

If the actual objective was improving public health outcomes as a whole ( as has been stated with the various 'End Smoking' campaigns and other tobacco/smoking related initiatives ) rather than merely providing a means to overtly tax a given group of items, vaping would not be scrutinized and demonized so severely.

Whatever the reasons, be it money, control or some perverse aversion to allowing anybody to enjoy something you personally don't find appealing, it's clearly NOT about helping people break their smoking addiction and improving their long term health.
Ive been impressed w e cigs for the past few years..Now I'm insulted that were not even together about they're "legal" standing since 1963. How has this Asian guy been getting recent credit for them if they were invented in 1963 by this Herbert guy? I just copied this post from another thread I posted it on, but vaping has been around longer than you could suspect. Maybe they kept it secluded to Oregon or something
herbert-jpg.79833

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ive been impressed w e cigs for the past few years..Now I'm insulted that were not even together about they're "legal" standing since 1963. How has this Asian guy been getting recent credit for them if they were invented in 1963 by this Herbert guy? I just copied this post from another thread I posted it on, but vaping has been around longer than you could suspect. Maybe they kept it secluded to Oregon or something
herbert-jpg.79833

Because the version created in 1963 were *electric* cigarettes, not electronic; the technology wasn't mature enough to make them satisfying enough for anyone to actually use (primarily battery technology); and no American companies (BP or BT) wanted anything to do with them. So they disappeared. Too bad for smokers and Mr Gilbert, but the fact that Hon Lik created a much better version, thx to more advanced technology, is no theft from Mr Gilbert; all scientific advances stand on the shoulders of those which came before.

Even Hon Lik's version, if it had not advanced beyond the cigalike variety, would probably have disappeared, and for the same reason: not satisfying. It's mainly due to the 2nd gen and 3rd gen devices that e-cigs really took off.

Andria

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because the version created in 1963 were *electric* cigarettes, not electronic; the technology wasn't mature enough to make them satisfying enough for anyone to actually use (primarily battery technology); and no American companies (BP or BT) wanted anything to do with them. So they disappeared. Too bad for smokers and Mr Gilbert, but the fact that Hon Lik created a much better version, thx to more advanced technology, is no theft from Mr Gilbert; all scientific advances stand on the shoulders of those which came before.

Even Hon Lik's version, if it had not advanced beyond the cigalike variety, would probably have disappeared, and for the same reason: not satisfying. It's mainly due to the 2nd gen and 3rd gen devices that e-cigs really took off.

Andria
If anybody cared then that electric cig would have been made publicly accessible but it wasn't until now is all that matters

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If anybody cared then that electric cig would have been made publicly accessible but it wasn't until now is all that matters

Exactly. BT and BP both had their chance, and passed -- I think we know why! Although I'm sure the "not satisfying" was certainly true as well, since even the modern electronic version of the cigalike has met resounding "meh." People try them -- I used an eRoll at first, arguably a better cigalike than most -- and either give up and go back to smoking, or they upgrade to something more satisfying -- until those "more satisfying" were available, that 2nd option wasn't available.

Andria

VU Sponsors