Help w/ my Aqua V2

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently picked up an Tobeco Aqua V2 clone. The purchase was mostly based on its price (cheap as hell) and its versatility (single coil, dual coil and dripper). But I'm having a hell of a time with a single coil on this thing. Money's a bit tight at the moment so going Dual isn't ideal since it eats juice. So I've been trying variations on single coil builds and haven't found anything that doesn't leave the flavor muted.

My builds are 28 gauge kanthol, using either regular cotton, Japanese cotton or Cotton Bacon. I've played with variations on horizontal coils with various ID/ohms, but haven't found anything that works. Compared to my Memo Drop the flavor just isn't there. I'm just hoping someone out there can make a recommendation on this. Essentially I'm looking for a build that A) Has a reasonably decent flavor and B) doesn't drain a tank too fast. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whenever a customer comes in and tells me they want a "flavor build", I always use 26g twisted wire and give them a single micro coil. Twisted wire is going to catch juice in the gaps between the individual strands which will produce more vapor and flavor. Personally, I like to build my single coils in the .6-.9 range, but sometimes will go as high as 1.4 if I'm going to use it on a regulated device. Here is an example I posted in another thread. This is a dual coil that reads out to .27. You could copy this exact build, add a wrap, run it in single coil, and it would put you around .60-.63.

20150314_202300_resized.jpg

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And would you still recommend that build for a regulates device? Currently using a Sigelei 30w mini

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely. I would personally build closer to .7 or .8 because with 20 watts at .7ohms, you are getting 3.7 volts. At 25 watts, you are getting 4.1 volts. At 30 watts, you are getting 4.5 volts. However, if you want to build down to .3 ohms, you are only pulling 3 volts at 30 watts.That's why I always suggest building north of .7ohms on 30 watt devices to get the best performance out of your rda's. If you want to build "super sub ohm" down to .2 and under, just get a mech mod and a 30 amp battery. Plus, the more wraps = the more surface area = more juice heated = more flavor!

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. I just built my first twisted kanthal coil on this tank, and the difference is night and day. 28 gauge, .8 ohms, 19 watts. Its amazing the difference this has made. Thank you so much @nameonawall

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. I just built my first twisted kanthal coil on this tank, and the difference is night and day. 28 gauge, .8 ohms, 19 watts. Its amazing the difference this has made. Thank you so much @nameonawall
NICE NICE... I owned aqua v2 as well, I suggest using a higherPG JUICE ON THE AQUA!!!

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem! Glad it worked out for you!

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NICE NICE... I owned aqua v2 as well, I suggest using a higherPG JUICE ON THE AQUA!!!

I just picked up an Aqua V2 - what resistance coils are you building and at what wattage are you running? I use a high VG juice but can only vape at around 25 watts before it starts drying out. I'd like to get 30 - 35 out of it, at least. I'll also try a higher PG juice.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just picked up an Aqua V2 - what resistance coils are you building and at what wattage are you running? I use a high VG juice but can only vape at around 25 watts before it starts drying out. I'd like to get 30 - 35 out of it, at least. I'll also try a higher PG juice.
Same here 25-30 watts 28g 10 wraps, not enough airflow IMO, and yes use high pg JUICE I found it to wick OK...
35 watts on this tank? UMMMM I guess it's possible but dry hits are very common though, I'm gonna rebuilt it later maybe a twisted 28g 5 wraps 3mm,space out,let me know

VAPE ON

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use my Aqua v2 daily. The wicking is crucial to prevent dry hits. I crank the airflow down for a fairly stiff mtl hit and never go above 14.5w. I get great flavor with a single 28g kanthal 2mm - 2.5mm @ around 1Ω and it sips the juice...I have yet to try a twisted coil on it, but I will on my next build.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have one also as one of my go to flavor attys. I always build between 0.5-0.8 on it with 26g, normally a 2.5mm coil a few mm above the airflow and place the coil right smack dab between the posts above the hole.
Also, I've never had good luck with anything but basic good olé round wire.
I would wick it with thick shoulders and thin it out on the way down by the time it gets into the juice ports have it nice and thin but wide.

VU Sponsors