Become a Patron!

Help with an apple please

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So i went to a local brick and mortar today because i had to kill some time in between my two jobs. They often let me Just hang out there, on a whim i bought their house made Apple White Tea juice, i love it!!! now time to replicate it, lol. The juice has an apple juice flavor with no creamy elements. I have Fuji apple flavor, does any one what percent i should start with before adding other flavors, i have never worked with it before. All of the recipes i have seen across many websites always combine caramel or pie flavorings but i am looking for that Welches Apple Juice flavor with only a tiny bit of sweetness at the end. If someone can help me with this i would appreciate it, i have already vaped 2 10ml bottles of their house made stuff at 8 bucks a pop in 5 days. I am going to go broke if i cant find a way to make it work with the hundreds of dollars worth of flavors i have.

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good. I have also been in a search of a white tea recipe ever since I had Keystone's Pineapple White Tea. Not sure what flavor is used to emulate white tea; they may even be extracting the flavoring their self.

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
after thinking about it more, the magic of the juice lied in what it wasn't... Meaning that it wasn't a dessert flavor or overly sweet (like most apples i have scene), It wasn't complex (very simple juice with out much flavor mashing). to me it felt like an amateur mixer got lucky with good mix. Tasted like it was fresh apple juice. i found it refreshing because i vape a ton of custards and desserts, furthermore, my coils still look immaculate after vaping 20 ml in 5 days (usually have to change cotton and clean my coils every 3 days) looking for any recipe like that!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
i am looking for that Welches Apple Juice flavor with only a tiny bit of sweetness at the end.

that is exactly how I use FA Apple, as apple juice. (Fuji is a fresh apple to me)
It's the sweetness of apple juice, too. If you wanted to cut that, tiny bit of FA Black Tea would do that and may give you a better-tasting version than that vendor has. Or just use FA Apple with plenty of PG to avoid the sweetness VG tends to add.

Contagion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is a recipe for a refreshing Apple. TFA Apple flavor and dragon fruit. Use 10% of each for a total of 20% flavoring. This is what you are looking for. Trust me, I'm a juice maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contagion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome, I hope you like it.

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is that a shake n vape or should i steep it? just mixed it up now, it is a fantastic juice, i was definitly looking for that base, think i need to play with it a bit to bring out the apple. It is not as "applely" as i wanted.

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thought i had FA apple but i dont, Just ordered it. Gonna try 4% Fa apple and 8 % TFA dragon fruit, can update when i get my vape mail

Contagion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad I could help. When I read what you were after I knew dragon fruit would be the base you needed. The TFA Apple is very light, the Apple candy would probably be a better fit. The FA Apple is stronger. Try the mixture with 20% TFA Apple and 10% dragon fruit while you wait on your other Apple flavor.

Contagion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And shake and vape is how I mix everything lol. Just gets better with steeping.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad I could help. When I read what you were after I knew dragon fruit would be the base you needed. The TFA Apple is very light, the Apple candy would probably be a better fit. The FA Apple is stronger. Try the mixture with 20% TFA Apple and 10% dragon fruit while you wait on your other Apple flavor.

Whoa!!! 30% flavor?

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone worked with Double Apple (cap). Is that stronger then tfa? I am going for that "apple from concentrate" taste, not the fresh off the tree apple

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update, tried
6% double apple (cap)
6% apple (tfa)
8% dragon fruit (tfa)

This was a good mix, a bit stronger then the 10% tfa apple/ dragon fruit, however, It lost the "Apple juicy-ness"

Tried
4% apple (FA)
8% dragon fruit (TFA)
1% black tea (FA)

Tea is VERRRRRY Strong, even at 1% it took over the juice. there was no apple juicyness to the mix at all. It is a pretty good. not at all what i was looking for but i still ended up making a 10ml bottle of it and vaping it all. I have no words to describe it; but mix it up, try it out, and YOU write a description of it for me, lol.

Just mixed up, but havent tried yet
4.5% apple (FA)
6% dragon fruit (TFA)
1 drop per 10ml of black tea (FA)
3 drops per 10ml of Lemon juice .

Will update when i get around to trying it out!!

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
O MY GOODNESS, the black tea is still too strong, lol
Gonna scrap the black tea all together and move on.
my next 2 steps are Green tea (TFA)
then Chi Tea (TFA)
Suggestion are not only welcome but desperately needed!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
then Chi Tea (TFA)

The nic you're using has a HUGE effect on the strength of tea flavors. The smoother the nic, the smoother the tea.
I used to make tea vapes with 1% Black Tea, sometimes less, when I used wizard Labs' nic.
With VapersTek nic, I can easily vape 3% or more Black Tea and get smooth, enjoyable flavor that's easy to mix with.
You might try a tiny batch made with no nic at all to see if your nic is causing you problems.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
then Chi Tea (TFA)
How about making a 5-10ml bottle with a drop or two of black tea (no nic) to dilute it? Then add that to the mix

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does the FA Black Tea give juice an iced tea flavor if used with EM or Sweetener?

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am going to buy that nic you mentioned, but in the mean time i will try both the no nic solution and the dilute it solution

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NICE!!!! this is getting close
Snapple Apple by Smoky Blue is amazing
very close to what i am looking for. gotta play with this one a bit, the green apple is 'light tea-ness' going on that i tasted

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Think i got it guys and gals!!!!!!
Dragon fruit (TFA) 6%
Green apple (Cap) 5%
Apple (FA) 3%
Fuji apple (FA) 1%

for me anyways, dragon fruit adds the sweetness, fa apple adds the juicy-ness, green apple adds a bit of tart with the apple so it is not overly sweet, and the fuji brings out the crispness of the apple. this is the juice i will be sticking with for a bit on the apple front. i welcome any changes/suggestions I think i will name this one APPLE 8 because this is the 8th version i have made.

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
want to thank Contagion for the tip on dragon fruit, HeadInClouds for the explanation and knowledge on FA apples and Smokey Blue for the idea with green apple from his "Snapple Apple" recipe. Now this is community working together. i wouldn't have discovered this wonderful taste with out you all!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
want to thank Contagion for the tip on dragon fruit, HeadInClouds for the explanation and knowledge on FA apples and Smokey Blue for the idea with green apple from his "Snapple Apple" recipe. Now this is community working together. i wouldn't have discovered this wonderful taste with out you all!!

psst.. "her" lol.. happy you enjoyed it.. and glad I could help out a bit.. ;)

VU Sponsors