Become a Patron!

Help with batteries...

PhantomOC

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am looking in to purchasing a Kanger topbox mini 75 watt and I wanted to know what kind of batteries I should buy? Right now I have a Kanger subox mini 50 watt with a LG HE4 2500mAh 35A battery. I am looking for a battery that will last almost all day on a full charge. I will most likely use around 0.5ohms.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The HE4 is a 20A CD Battery...but a nice battery nontheless.
I suggest a Samsung 25R, LG HE2/4, and Samsung 30q (If using a build higher then .5 OHms)
Here's a Chart for REAL specs of Batteries, I suggest Opening it in a new tab and saving it to your computer.

Attachments

• Battery Chart.jpg
    Battery Chart.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 12

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LG HE4 is 20 amp battery not 35. That said it's a fine battery and will work in your new mod no problems. The LG HG2 is a 20 amp 3000 mah battery and will last a bit longer between charges. The Samsung 25R is a good Battery also. Look at http://liionwholesale.com for honest specs.

Depending on how you vape no single battery mod will last all day.

PhantomOC

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your replies. I had a feeling that the LG HE4 was 20A but the website said 35A :/ I have been looking at the Samsung 25r and was wanting something that the Kanger topbox mini could handle but I wasn't sure. I will have a look at the chart as well.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for your replies. I had a feeling that the LG HE4 was 20A but the website said 35A :/ I have been looking at the Samsung 25r and was wanting something that the Kanger topbox mini could handle but I wasn't sure. I will have a look at the chart as well.
Ive pushed the 25R past most "Safe Limits and past what most would consider already insane resistances....Its a Heavy Duty Battery with great specs in every direction, plus its pretty easy to find and easy to point out a Authentic or fake.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To your point, anything 20A or higher continuous discharge is good up to 75 watts on a single-cell mod, though you're going to be taxing it pretty hard if you live right at the mod's limits.

PhantomOC

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@OBDave Yeah most of the time I run around 20 to 30 watts, sometimes even less. I usually only push it to the highest watts if me and my friends are playing around.

PhantomOC

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thanks, I'll check them out. Also I'm not sure if its the right place to ask this but in my Kanger subox mini I sometimes get hot liquid spit on my tounge could this be because I am using 60/40 PG/VG?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u Where would you suggest buying batteries from? Specifically the Samsung 25r.
LiionWholeSale.com or IMRBatteries.com are the Best Places to buy any 18650 or Similar battery. They test a handful of each set that comes in for Authenticity ad they are great overall with prices and CS.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alright thanks, I'll check them out. Also I'm not sure if its the right place to ask this but in my Kanger subox mini I sometimes get hot liquid spit on my tounge could this be because I am using 60/40 PG/VG?
Thats called SpitBack, its common...Its just something you slowly get used to..:D

I have this same question. I am looking at the same set up and plan to probably stick between 3 and 50 watts. What battery would you guys reccomend. Best bang for my buck though, I am on a fixed income.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Samsung 25R (20A CD/2500Mah), you can get 2 pack of them on Ebay for $10, 4 for $20 nd 6 for $35..

Samsung 25R (20A CD/2500Mah), you can get 2 pack of them on Ebay for $10, 4 for $20 nd 6 for $35..
Are they the Green Batteries? Just want to be sure. If so I found them on Amazon for $7. I was hoping to get them from VaporDNA with my kit but it looks like no dice sadly.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are they the Green Batteries? Just want to be sure. If so I found them on Amazon for $7. I was hoping to get them from VaporDNA with my kit but it looks like no dice sadly.
The Blue ones are 25R2's and Greens are 25R5's. The greens only have slightly better life cycle and thats about it.

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
I use the LG HE2 18650 2500mAh - 20A on my Subox Mini. Great battery IMO. I haven't had any issues yet.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If Vape time is a priority, the LG HG2 or Samsung 30 Q are both 3000mAh and the highest capacity cells that would still be working near their rated amperage. You can get 3200-3500mAh Panasonics and LG but they're rated too low, at around 10A.

The HG2 and 30Q are usually more expensive than something like a HE2/4 or a 25R, so cost to life ratio isn't as good for the 3000mAh cell. I bought some HG2 originally for my Koopor Mini and while they lasted longer, I still had to use two if them to get me through a 12 hour work day, so I'd have been better off doing what I already was, and carrying a second HE4.

The more cells in a mod, the more attractive the 3000mAh cells are though. In a series mod that's an extra 1000mAh, and in something like the Reuleaux that's three lots of 500mAh extra, which adds up to something much more significant in terms of run time.

VU Sponsors