Become a Patron!

Help With Building Coils

Hey guys and gals here at VapingUnderground, I'm new here and semi-new to vaping. I recently bought an E-LVT by DOVPO, and a Freakshow Dripper, I had a buddy who is a whizz at this stuff build my dual coil but I would like to know hope to build my own, as far as what guage wire to use as I currently have Kanthal 28G A1 and how thick the coil should be, the LVT only goes up to 30 Watts and I myself can only handle 3%-6% Nicotine. Help would be greatly appreciated. I got the E-LVT cheap so yeah, lol. I would have gone with an IPV3 if I had the money, and this is my first box mod so be so be nice XD

Regards,
Sasz3r

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi and welcome! :)

You must have the Version 2 because the original only went up to 15 watts....according to the specs it can fire down to a .3 ohm coil. However, for 30 watts I wouldn't build that low...especially with 28 gauge wire...the coil would be so small and flimsy it wouldn't hold it's shape very well and be a bitch to wick :)

I am having a hard time finding the voltage specs on it but if what I found is true and it's got a voltage range of 2-5 volts than you would need to build at least .6 ohms to be able to use the full range of 7-30 watts. .6 to .8 is a good range to start to build with 28 gauge on a regulated mod in my humble opinion. On my DNA 30's I like to build dual 28 gauge coils that meters out around .7ish ohms. Start with like 7 to 8 ish wraps around a 2.4 mm (3/32) drill bit to start. I run that between 23 and 30 watts on my patriot with a pyrex glass cap and love it. It won't be the biggest clouds you've ever blown but it is a good starting point to figure out what you like. 28 gauge will run a little warmer than the lower gauge thicker wires and I think is a great starting point for building because of how easy it is to work with and the resistance isn't super low. It's a good place to test the waters.

I hope this helps a little and good luck :)

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi,Iv been vaping nearly 5 week,last week got myself a mvp2 with iclear30s,not liking the tank much but in a few days I'm getting a nautilus to go with it,am I choosing a good product,it's a bvc coil so hopefully be nice.the only thing I had before was a tiny starter pack.anyway I'm also really interested in dripping,would I be able to use a dripper on mvp2,11w version,any tips would be really appreciated,thanks

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all the newbies
My first question is HOW OLD ARE YOU?
BIGBOYVAPER

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@R.vapor vaping is very subjective especially DRIPPING!!!
To give you an idea here's what I vape on a daily basis..
For work/driving
Cloupor mini 30w/sigelei mini 30w/0.5 ohms dual coil nichrome80 6/7 wraps micro inside the aqua v2..
For blowing clouds I do it at home ONLY!!
/22G NICHROME80 DUAL coils
Inside all my attys,dragon RDA,mutationxv2,pollux rda/little boy plus sitting on the sig 150/bang box .12 ohms
This what satisfy me this is what makes me feel good.. Goodluck

BIGBOYVAPER

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ar
To all the newbies
My first question is HOW OLD ARE YOU?
BIGBOYVAPER
@R.vapor vaping is very subjective especially DRIPPING!!!
To give you an idea here's what I vape on a daily basis..
For work/driving
Cloupor mini 30w/sigelei mini 30w/0.5 ohms dual coil nichrome80 6/7 wraps micro inside the aqua v2..
For blowing clouds I do it at home ONLY!!
/22G NICHROME80 DUAL coils
Inside all my attys,dragon RDA,mutationxv2,pollux rda/little boy plus sitting on the sig 150/bang box .12 ohms
This what satisfy me this is what makes me feel good.. Goodluck

BIGBOYVAPER

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi,Iv been vaping nearly 5 week,last week got myself a mvp2 with iclear30s,not liking the tank much but in a few days I'm getting a nautilus to go with it,am I choosing a good product,it's a bvc coil so hopefully be nice.the only thing I had before was a tiny starter pack.anyway I'm also really interested in dripping,would I be able to use a dripper on mvp2,11w version,any tips would be really appreciated,thanks
i have a iclear s that sits in my backpack unused. to answer your question you will need to be specific about what you want. if you want massive clouds go with a rda. big clouds on a dark horse. for flavor the magma is good but its not designed for massive clouds.

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have a iclear s that sits in my backpack unused. to answer your question you will need to be specific about what you want. if you want massive clouds go with a rda. big clouds on a dark horse. for flavor the magma is good but its not designed for massive clouds.
not really looking for massive clouds an with been at home all day and don't go out often so I have time to build and I'm pretty good with my hands,if someone shows me how to do something I can do it just the same

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well then the paradigm magma is a good rda for you. really amazing flavor and easy to build on

VU Sponsors