Become a Patron!

Help! with consistency of flavor while mixing

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everytime I mix i find that the flavor in my juice weakens the more I use it. I know its not vapers tounge. I sell my bottles to friends and they say the same thing. i mix 30ml bottles at a 70/30 VG/PG for all bottles, Flavors come from, TFA, Capella, and Flavourart. Even when I use 9% forest fruit (FA) this still happens. I dont steep, just make and vape. my bases are Nude Nicotine VG and Nic 50gm/ml and Bull City Vapor PG. How can I keep consistency through the entire 30ml bottle???

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
9% FA Forest Fruit is a LOT. With many flavorings, less is more. Some flavors do fade, but I've only had that happen with lime after a week, lemon after a month. Can you share a recipe with specifics so we can see if there's anything we might be able to peg?

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its pretty much most recipes ive been mixing, one ive been using is 6.66% apple pieV2 (cap), 2% cinnamon danish swirl(cap). I went to a local vape shop and they mix their flavors for a total of 25% flavoring in one bottle an they've had phenomenal reviews. The owner said that my total flavoring % was low actually and that this might not distribute equal flavoring throught the bottle. Also i mix in the bottle

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its pretty much most recipes ive been mixing, one ive been using is 6.66% apple pieV2 (cap), 2% cinnamon danish swirl(cap). I went to a local vape shop and they mix their flavors for a total of 25% flavoring in one bottle an they've had phenomenal reviews. The owner said that my total flavoring % was low actually and that this might not distribute equal flavoring throught the bottle. Also i mix in the bottle
There's absolutely no sense in saying that lower flavoring mixes less well than higher flavoring! In my experience most commercial juice is overflavored:)

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what about capella? the same problem happens with these flavor concentrates as well.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Capella can range from 3% up to 15% depending on what you're using. Have you tasted your PG and VG to see that they're ok? Unflavored PG/VG with nic? Sometimes getting a funky base can mess with your mixes.

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i put new cotton on my rda, the VG and PG seem to be fine all i taste is the new cotton, my nic is clean as could be, no flavoring.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what should i look for in my bases?
PG should be clear, odorless, an odd flavor, maybe slightly sweet, but not musty. Thicker than water, thinner than VG.
VG should be CLEAR, odorless, sweet tasting, not as sweet as sugar. Thick.
Nic is sometimes clear, to a very pale yellow, a QUICK light sniff of it should be odorless, but don't hover over the bottle, don't taste it by itself if it's high mg.

An unlfavored pg/vg/nic mix might taste like nothing when vaped, or maybe a little sweet. MUSTY is not what you should get. If you get musty, one of those ingredients is off.

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i tested forst fruit and custard both from flavourart forst fruit 4% custard 2% and i can barely taste the flavors

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is it possible for flavor concentrates to go bad? i got a 120ml of forest fruit about 2 1/2 weeks ago and im not sure its as strong

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
is it possible for flavor concentrates to go bad? i got a 120ml of forest fruit about 2 1/2 weeks ago and im not sure its as strong
They certainly can, but I wouldn't expect it to happen that fast. I have flavors from over 2 years ago that I still use the same way I did then, and in some cases mixing even lower, as my taste buds and mouth healed up from smoking. Does the bottle have a date stamped on it? Where did you buy these?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you make sure you shake it when you are dispensing it? Separation could be taking place especially with larger quantities.

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i bought a 120ml of florest fruit from Flavourart from Bull City Vapor. Ive been using the same recipe with forest fruit at 9%, turned out very nice, lots of people loved it but as soon as i got this 120ml people were telling me the bottle i made them started losing flavor over time. I made 10 bottles to be steep and kept in a dark place to air and i go back and taste these bottles and i can barely taste them! I made sure to shake the bottle real well before each use too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it was just a thought did you check for any other reports of a similar problem listed in places like Reddit or on the general web? Are you using the same bases? The VG/PG? Is anything at all different?

Hope you find out what the cause of the problem is.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i bought a 120ml of florest fruit from Flavourart from Bull City Vapor. Ive been using the same recipe with forest fruit at 9%, turned out very nice, lots of people loved it but as soon as i got this 120ml people were telling me the bottle i made them started losing flavor over time. I made 10 bottles to be steep and kept in a dark place to air and i go back and taste these bottles and i can barely taste them! I made sure to shake the bottle real well before each use too.
Maybe contact them on their website. They're super easy to work with. Highly reputable company. They have their own subforum here, as well.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sounds like a classic case of over flavoring to me. Generally flavor will get stronger after it ages for a week or two. So your 9% may be good at first, as it ages and gets stronger it's too much.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...Generally flavor will get stronger after it ages for a week or two...
As @Huckleberried mentioned, some flavors do fade. In my case, it's FA Fuji, FA Blackberry, as well as the Green Apple, and Woodruff by German Flavors. Out of my experience, only custards and tobaccos get stronger, due to the steeping time they need to develop their full flavor. IMO, the bottle of flavor might not be freshly filled into the 120 ml bottle.

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i realized this issue with the flavor deteroating away when i got this 120ml forest fruit. i started out buying 30ml forest fruit and it was amazing i was mixing at 8% and the recpie was great!. now with this 120ml its not the same. i cant smell the flavor anymore in the 120ml its just gone.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
i realized this issue with the flavor deteroating away when i got this 120ml forest fruit. i started out buying 30ml forest fruit and it was amazing i was mixing at 8% and the recpie was great!. now with this 120ml its not the same. i cant smell the flavor anymore in the 120ml its just gone.
The largest size I buy of a flavor is 30 ml, in order to avoid problems like that. However, I have two 4 oz. bottles of a flavor, I haven't even touched yet. Those two are stored in the freezer.

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what are the causes of deteriorating flavor in flavor concentrates?

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have a small amount of forest fruit in a 30ml and the flavor i smell from that is stronger than the 120ml of forest fruit

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you saying you did shake it before or you will from now on? Just a bit confused about what you mean? If you did not shake it that could be the answer.

Last edited:

Bat Snap

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha no i always shake my bottles every since i started mixing my own juice

VU Sponsors