Become a Patron!

Help with Crius RTA

kloudz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got the obs crius 25mm rta and for the life odd me I can't figure how to build this this. First build was 2.0 id with 24g kanthal @7 wraps for .25 ohm, wicked our with rayon and wicks barely in the channels and powered it at 50 watts and hardly no taste and vapor, bumped it to 55 and dry hits. So I rebuild and go to 2.5 id with same wire and came to .28ohms. Wicked with organic cotton and powered it up to 50 watts, this time I got juice spit back and barely any flavor or vape. But yet I do the same builds on a tfv4 with the dual rba head and get plumes of this tasty vapor. Please help me use thistank.

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the quad deck on mine for flavours , use mini claptons , wasnt greatly impressed with it took a good few goes to get the flavours ,. Coming through ,its a decent tank nice looking but can only get great flavours via quad deck , so i jumped on to the billow v3 plus rta an it rocks for flavours an such dual claptons , there on sale from the gearbest ,15£ including delivery , its a much much better flavours RTA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Are you getting any weeping out of the bottom deck of the Billow....that O ring on mine is thin and I'm getting a smattering of juice out the ring seam.

BTW, I too am having trouble getting flavor out of the Crius. I have not experimented much on wicking. I just know I can't chain vape the thing without getting dry hits. I suppose you could try wicking it like the Griffin. Thick cotton that touches the top of the retaining ring. Dunno. I just kind of set the thing aside when I felt I wasn't getting the flavor I wanted.

Last edited:

kloudz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I didn't buy the Billow 3 because of the leaking issue, even on the Billow 2 there was a leaking sting the airflow adjustment. I'm just kinda pissed that the crius is garbage and doesn't put out the dense clouds that every other tank does.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
There's alot of reviews on the Billow Plus but only a handful complain of leaking. On eciggity it gets full stars. Which leads me to think either I got a bad tank. Or owners don't think it's significant enough to complain about. Despite it leaking (actually, 'weeping' is probably more accurate) on me, it is still the tank I use the most. It's that good.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Quick follow-up note... The good people at eciggity are sending me a SS version of the Billow Plus tank because they say they've had better luck with the manufacturing of those ( I have the black). So people should order SS if they order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you getting any weeping out of the bottom deck of the Billow....that O ring on mine is thin and I'm getting a smattering of juice out the ring seam.

BTW, I too am having trouble getting flavor out of the Crius. I have not experimented much on wicking. I just know I can't chain vape the thing without getting dry hits. I suppose you could try wicking it like the Griffin. Thick cotton that touches the top of the retaining ring. Dunno. I just kind of set the thing aside when I felt I wasn't getting the flavor I wanted.
Nope no leaking only thing i didn't like was Griffin also still using my old last years ud bellus to no leaks , great also for flavours ,the billow v3 i keep hearing about leaking am such not one of them is all i can say flavours supreme to others rta,s ive tried i prefare billow to the limitless plus RDTA,
I put away my limitless plus rdta v1 :v2 ,an my griffin , i still use billow v3 plus as well as bellus , Crius plus quad deck , boreas , mod farther an aromamizer supreme , just got 3 more rta,s yesterday but not had chance to try yet , Merlin rta , cthulhu v3 an obs engine , , billow dont leak , bellus dont leak none do , only one i was unlucky with was Griffin tatty paint work ect blk version half of paint missing from new , an just never liked it but aint tried vertical builds on it yet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

kloudz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm pretty sure no none of this because I don't have a Billow

VU Sponsors