Become a Patron!

Help with my new Merlin Mini...

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im using dual post 24g 7 wraps slightly spaced, registering at .32 ohms, with cotton bacon. Vaping on my Kaos between 45-55 watts and just not getting the flavor I was hoping for. What am I doing wrong?

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally figured this SOB out on the third try. I changed the coils to fused claptons around 5 wraps .2 each. Wicked them so that the cotton makes it through snuggly and cut the ends just a bit outside the edges of the tank and slid the ends in so they are not too snug and dont touch the bottom. When I filled it in the past I was closing the bottom ring but realized that you just turn the glass all the way right. I fill it up, scree on the cap and then loosen the glass part so the holes show the wick. Vapes like a charm, no leaking and it reads .1. Vaping at 45 watts is perfect.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need fancy coils.

26/30 or 26/32 clapton single coil is epic in that rta. Perfect for the chamber size & airflow.
Run the same wire in dual coil if you want but I think that tank peforms best with a single clapton. Dual fused or crazier just overpowers the chamber & airflow.
Thick flavorful clouds at a low power draw.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need fancy coils.

26/30 or 26/32 clapton single coil is epic in that rta. Perfect for the chamber size & airflow.
Run the same wire in dual coil if you want but I think that tank peforms best with a single clapton. Dual fused or crazier just overpowers the chamber & airflow.
Thick flavorful clouds at a low power draw.
I agree ;) that’s how I’m running mine. But I was trying to help him with what he had set up.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can when the wife gets home, I've been infatuated with squonking lately and that is her new fav tank so she is running it.
Time for a rewick anyway.

It's just a basic single wire core clapton though.

VU Sponsors