Become a Patron!

Help with new 2200 mAh EGO battery

i'm new at vaping and i recently bought a new eGo 2200mah battery from a certain site...it is listed as non voltage variable...i am confused with its led indicator because when i got it, it glows red when used so i assumed it was low on charge...fully charged, it's still red...then i discovered that 5 clicks turn it purple and another 5 clicks turn it blue and another 5 clicks lock it...the battery did not come with a manual or anything...i need help understanding the led indicators because all i know is the white-blue-red charge indication scheme and i'm afraid this might not be a feature but an indication that i received the product damaged...

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'd need a voltmeter to see the output at the different color settings but it may be variable voltage with three presets. Subjectively you should be able to tell if there's a difference in power at the respective color settings. Was this from FT? Can you provide a link to the product page wherever you bought it?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The specs at FT are from whatever the supplier provides. Often inaccurate. It does say 3.7v and no to VV or VW. The fact that you can select these different colors by click would seem to indicate VV. Or it could be just selecting the button color for looks preferences. Hard to tell sometimes with Chinese stuff. No one has posted reviews on any of them yet so no help there. So it did indicate a successful charge by the charger going green? Does the power output change with the colors? If it is regulated at 3.7v the charger is your only indication that it charged fully. Checking with a voltmeter would only show the regulated output not the battery charge. You could try an ATTN: SUFIE in the discussion section at FT asking clarification. You are better off with Sufie or Geek checking it out. There is also the Contact Customer Advocates link there, not too sure if that would be helpful or not.
Your own testing is likely to tell you the most. Does the output change and how much life out of a charge before it starts blinking at you.

charger went green after about 5 hours of charging so i guess that was the successful charge. still looking for someone with a voltmeter. been using it for a day now and no change in color so i guess the color will remain until there is no charge left. the ft forum and customer advocate wasnt much help.

VU Sponsors