Become a Patron!

help with ohm to volt ratio

iv just built a twin coil on my billow v2 on a ileaf istick 50 watt the coils at 1.7 ohms with 7.4 volts at 30 watts how high can i crank the watts safly on this bitch

Brogan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

Please answer me this.

I have ISUB G TANK and I have just ordered 0.2 ohms coils .

What volt should it be set at? what watt should it be set at?

I know people say when you set the watt on the coolfire 4 it auto adjusts the volt , but I feel it makes a difference and what to know the best volt and watt combined for the 0.2 ohms coil please ??

Thanks all

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

Please answer me this.

I have ISUB G TANK and I have just ordered 0.2 ohms coils .

What volt should it be set at? what watt should it be set at?

I know people say when you set the watt on the coolfire 4 it auto adjusts the volt , but I feel it makes a difference and what to know the best volt and watt combined for the 0.2 ohms coil please ??

Thanks all
I don't have your g tank but I do have several tanks that use a .2 ohm coil.
I believe I ran the Arctic .2 around 60-65w or so...as always I start low with any coil and bump up to my sweet spot.. Numbers are OK but I judge by how my set-up vapes... Not because of a preset wattage suggestion...if I go too high I bump it back down...and vise versa..simple really

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Brogan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have your g tank but I do have several tanks that use a .2 ohm coil.
I believe I ran the Arctic .2 around 60-65w or so...as always I start low with any coil and bump up to my sweet spot.. Numbers are OK but I judge by how my set-up vapes... Not because of a preset wattage suggestion...if I go too high I bump it back down...and vise versa..simple really

ok thank you I think? , I don't want to burn coils as it tastes horid ..... I am a new vaper ..... what is the Volt you would be running against 40 watt??? the isub g 0.2 coil says on the box 20 to 50 watts I think . still awaiting arrival . thanks again

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok thank you I think? , I don't want to burn coils as it tastes horid ..... I am a new vaper ..... what is the Volt you would be running against 40 watt??? the isub g 0.2 coil says on the box 20 to 50 watts I think . still awaiting arrival . thanks again
Don't know what your asking..but I'm guessing that a .2 ohm coil at 60w is about 4.0v...maybe at 40w it could be around 3.4v? Don't know for sure...all of my mods read in watts...never paid much attention to the volts, sorry couldn't help more

Brogan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks . I have coil in at the moment 0.5 . I have it at 25 watts ....... if I change it to look at the volts setting its 5.9 volts . change back to the watts screen and the vape is good. was just trying to work out whattt to have the volt side at if the watt side is at 40 watts

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks . I have coil in at the moment 0.5 . I have it at 25 watts ....... if I change it to look at the volts setting its 5.9 volts . change back to the watts screen and the vape is good. was just trying to work out whattt to have the volt side at if the watt side is at 40 watts
Using this online ohm calculator it states your .5 ohm coil should read 3.5v
at 25w... Not 5.9v..
867fdb068064a6a9de0c8a36bb741110.jpg

Brogan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah , I seen this calculation thing.. so confusing . when its in volt mode I have it set at 5.9. then I switch it back to watt mode and have it at 25 watt. click both bottom buttons together and it reads ....0.49ohm 3.99 volt. counts 41 .

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah , I seen this calculation thing.. so confusing . when its in volt mode I have it set at 5.9. then I switch it back to watt mode and have it at 25 watt. click both bottom buttons together and it reads ....0.49ohm 3.99 volt. counts 41 .
Dude ur using a regulated device, let the mod regulate it and let it do its job, now it ur vaping a 0.5 coil you can normally vape around 30 watts let the mod adjust the voltage. A 0.2 coil will vape around 50-70 watts again! Let the mod regulate the VOLTS,
Now! If ur using a UNREGULATED DEVICE with a VOLTAGE METER that's when you pretty much do some calculation to ur liking!
REGULATED DEVICE VS UNREGULATED don't worry too much about calculations since ur using a REGULATED DEVICE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My only other suggestion is to download a user manual for your mod..get a basic understanding how it works..
My mods shows the volts in the display but I set the power up or down in watts only...pushing the two little buttons together shows the resistance of the coil or build...on some of my mods it also locks the buttons...I don't have any VW mods that I can set the power in volts...its watts only..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iv just built a twin coil on my billow v2 on a ileaf istick 50 watt the coils at 1.7 ohms with 7.4 volts at 30 watts how high can i crank the watts safly on this bitch
1.7 ohm and you want to crank it up? Really!!
1.7 ohm you should be vaping around 10-15 watts! U will burn the coil at 30 watts.
If u want to crank it up go lower in the resistance like dual 26g 10 wraps on 2.5 mm will give you around 0.5 ohm coils then you can crank it up..

Brogan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude ur using a regulated device, let the mod regulate it and let it do its job, now it ur vaping a 0.5 coil you can normally vape around 30 watts let the mod adjust the voltage. A 0.2 coil will vape around 50-70 watts again! Let the mod regulate the VOLTS,
Now! If ur using a UNREGULATED DEVICE with a VOLTAGE METER that's when you pretty much do some calculation to ur liking!
REGULATED DEVICE VS UNREGULATED don't worry too much about calculations since ur using a REGULATED DEVICE!!

Available in 0.2ohm (20-50W), 2.0ohm (10-16W) & 0.5ohm (20-35W) think I will go at 30 to 40 watt .

VU Sponsors