Become a Patron!

Help with Smok TFV4 quad coils. Low resistance warning

Chef Pete

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thoroughly enjoyed the performance of my new Smok tfv4 tank with the stock triple coil setup. For replacement coils I went with the quad coils. I am running this tank on my IPV3 LI v2 with efest 35 amp hi drain li batteries. Inserted the new coils correctly but I am getting a low resistance warning. I don't understand why it is not firing as the ipv fires down to .10 ohm and the quad core coils are rated at .15 ohm's. Could it be that the ipv is getting an incorrect read?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats it say on the screen? It could be the mod reading it wrong, or it could be the coil itself is off. Making hundreds of coils a day in a factory, a couple are gonna come out a little off and make it past QA. Its possible. Check it on an ohm meter and see what thats reading, then see what your mods reading, and youll see exactly where the problem is.

Also, the eFest batteries are rated at 20 amps if Im not mistaken. The 35 amp rating they put on the battery wrap is the pulse rating, which is what you dont want to go by when using it for the purpose of vaping.

Chef Pete

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The screen says "low resistance". Checked all five coils on ohm meter. Results: .06, .10, .18, .18,.18. The first two wouldn't fire but the other 3 would. This lack of quality control makes me disappointed with Smok especially since I forked out a lot for authentic coils.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh, I dont have an IPV and on all my mods it only says Low Resistance when I try to fire, so I thought you could still read the resistance.

That does suck considering how much TFV4 coils are, real ones are like $4 a pop even online. A .06 though is just insane. Thats less than half the rated resistance. If I was you Id contact Smok directly and complain about it, maybe theyll replace them or something.

VU Sponsors