Become a Patron!

Help with temp control

The Motley Vapor

Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
jumping in the temp game been vapen for three years tons of experience in rebuilding but now feel like i did when i first started vaping so the question is i vape at a 0.8-28 gauge 3mm 8 wraps.at 25watts what Nickel wire would best get me there thanks

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
None of them.
But don't worry about the ohms so much. The mod watches the change and controls the power to keep a heat setting. Just get it to where the mod says its limits are.
Especially with nickel it's a whole other game. You'll be hard pressed to get to .2Ω. Titanium would be more realistic to get you to .8Ω.

I will say your 3mm coils are good experience. You need the larger diameter to fit all the wire in.

I think my nickel was 26ga, 3.5mm, .1Ω. I think that was about 6" (I don't have any built right now but I wrote 6.25"=.1Ω on my spool).
My 26ga titanium is about .1Ω per inch.
I have a dual 28ga (I think with 4", maybe 5") that came out to .49Ω.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay. I've never done TC. Been using and building with K1 all this time.

Without going into how I wound up with 16 tubes of SS316 .25 replacement coils for the Crown II, I started using it on my Hcigar VT75. I installed Escribe first and updated the firmware. Was reading Ni, 3.85v, 55w and the vape was warm then warmer. I knew I had to do something. I asked hubby to help me figure it out and being a mister I can fix anything guy, he explained it like I was to know what the hell he meant.

I now have it at 70w, 535 and 2.67ohms. The vape is warm at first then very cool the rest of the way. I did get the temperature warning light before but not now. Is it supposed to be cool like that? I get great flavor at 30/70vg, 18 nic and decent vapor production.

So, I need help. And no. I haven't looked at videos yet. I have so much on my plate right now I feel like I'm going to die of adrenal failure. Can someone please tell me what settings I need? I'm still on the VT75 but I also have my RX200 sitting here.

I'm actually doing a beta test for a new subtank and they are not only interested in my overall opinion of the tank, but particularly the coils they provided which are SSUS316 (food grade) based on their latest RTA. I MUST get my assessment to them today.

Suggestions on settings PLEASE? ~~~~~Thanks in advance....SO much!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was reading Ni, 3.85v, 55w
Ni is the Nickel setting you want an SS setting. TCR is way different.

Nickel wire would best get me there thanks
If your mod will do SS316L I'd get that. 5 wraps 24 gauge 3mm core is about 0.35Ω. Other wise use Ti - 1 not Nickel. Much easier to work with. SS can be used in both power and SS mode.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'll figure it out myself. I'm already in SS316 setting.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go with stainless.... My VW and mechancal builds are in the range you use. Although I'd vape it at around 15watts. I have yet to find a Ni or Ti coil I like. But I have only tried factory type atlantis heads so far, in my Melo tank. ( the tank may be more of a issue than the coils, IDK) Currently running a 2x28ss Twisted at .34ohms, in TC at 410 degrees and watts set to 18.1 in a KFL. In Vw I run the same build at 15watts or less. If I was using an atty with more air flow I'd add a wrap, taking the ohm the .4-.5 range and push the watts up a bit. Going to order so thinner wire so I can try doing some builds a bit higher in ohm. Thinking the Kayfun will like 2x30 at .6-.8ohms 3x30 at .3-.5ohm will vape great. Still not sure I like TC and stainless better than nichrome and a mech or even regular regulation.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
jumping in the temp game been vapen for three years tons of experience in rebuilding but now feel like i did when i first started vaping so the question is i vape at a 0.8-28 gauge 3mm 8 wraps.at 25watts what Nickel wire would best get me there thanks
what mod are you using? it makes a difference.
If your mod only does NI and Ti wire, get Ti
If it does Ni, TI, or SS get SS
DNA Mod, get NiFe or SS
Hohmtech mod get NiFe, SS, NiCr, or Kenthal

I'd stay away from Ni wire personally. It's crap IMO. As far as TC goes for any non hohmtech mod or DNA I'd rate wire like this
SS
TI
Ni

For DNA mods
Nife
SS
Ti
Ni

For Hohm Tech mods
NiFe
SS
NiCr