Become a Patron!

HELP!

i have the SMOK V8 stick and ever since I changed the glass and filter it doesn't make as neatly a big a cloud and when I take a hit i can hear crackling and sometimes it causes a burning in a few spots in my throat

How old is the coil in the tank, what is the ratio of juice and nicotine level?

example:
Coil is 2 weeks old
Juice is a 50/50
Nicotine is a 6

If the coil is old then you need to replace it, most tanks go through coils every 2 weeks. If it is a thin juice you are using then the tank is sitting and accumulating moisture, more so than a thicker juice would, resulting in a harsh and stale hit. If it is a high nicotine then consider dropping nicotine level. Subtanks run 3 and 6 the best. It is normal to hear your coil burning the juice but when it sits and floods or accumulates moisture then you will hear a louder crackling when you try to vape it, and as I stated, the hits suck when it's like that. All tanks do this when they sit overnight (with the exception of a small, small selection of RTAs). A bad coil or a sitting coil is most likely your issue.Make sure to run a 70/30 VG/PG juice, change your coil regularly, and make sure to prime your coils upon changing them.

Thin juices are harsher and produce less vapor.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i have the SMOK V8 stick and ever since I changed the glass and filter it doesn't make as neatly a big a cloud and when I take a hit i can hear crackling and sometimes it causes a burning in a few spots in my throat
I'm assuming you are using the same juice. If you did not primer your coil (filter), then you probably burned it. Once your coil gets burned, the harsh bad taste doesn't go away. You have to replace your coil. Nothing to do with the glass. Your new coil can burn for the following reasons, you didn't prime it, or you watts where too hight and you burned the coil. Smok coils have a "best at" range, and a minimum and maximum range of watts that you can use, written on the side of each coil. Except the coils for the v stick, since you can't adjust the wattage on the v stick. Also, smok coils have a top life of 2weeks max. Depending on how much you vape, it might be more or less. Either way, if you just replaced it, since you are using the v stick, it rules out the possibility that your watts where too high, so, most likely you did't prime it or, if you did, it wasn't primed properly. Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors