Become a Patron!

Help!

callum.starkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am building a 454 big block quad coil using 26 gauge kanthal with a nemesis clone and 2500 mah, 35a efest batteries and my cloud production is pretty much a complete let down, does anyone have any suggestions on where I am going wrong? I am also using alien vision gorilla juice and purity Malibu. I'm pulling my hair out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

callum.starkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm waiting for my ohm meter I've stopped vaping my rad till I can test it properly but how do I know the id? It's 0.40mm kanthal a1 where do I find the id

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@callum.starkie what @Neunerball mean is what is the inner diameter of your coil, in other words what size screwdriver or tool did you wrap your coil around. so it will be between 1mm and 3mm.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Take your time and learn your craft well young Jedi!

callum.starkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the help I used a 3/32 which would be 3mm, I was getting better clouds with different cotton but not thick and what you see on average on most build tutorials my ohm meter should be here over the next few days so I'll rebuild then on the same ID and 26 gauge kanthal at 7-8 wraps and see what happens, it just seems like the bigger draw I take the less vape there is, I guess I'm a serious cloud chaser but I like flavour too I'm a massive fan of purity and alien vision.

callum.starkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I'll find the steam engine site easier when I know my ohm reading, what should I be aiming for on a quad coil?

callum.starkie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gunna go to my local diy store and buy a multimeter rather then wait for the ohm tester I got off amazon, I won a get building!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure is a whole lotta wire you're trying to heat. Not knowing the resistance means you have no idea how much power you're applying. A multimeter won't do as it will likely round to the nearest tenth of an ohm. Wait on your ohm checker. You're gonna need a lot of power which means low ohms which means accurate readings (.xxx) are a must. A multimeter would be good for determining voltage drop in the mod, but not taking accurate resistance readings.

Wern314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the help I used a 3/32 which would be 3mm, I was getting better clouds with different cotton but not thick and what you see on average on most build tutorials my ohm meter should be here over the next few days so I'll rebuild then on the same ID and 26 gauge kanthal at 7-8 wraps and see what happens, it just seems like the bigger draw I take the less vape there is, I guess I'm a serious cloud chaser but I like flavour too I'm a massive fan of purity and alien vision.

3/32 Inside Diameter is actually 2.38mm, I just wanted to clarify that. Are you familiar with ohms law?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors