Become a Patron!

HEMO all over the map.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So stabwood mods are now everywhere thanks to the Chinese manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon. Noww I own a few stabwoods my favorites being my Apoc and my Dunamis. When they were bought they cost me a lot of money. But the market has plunged. I see high quality mods all over the web at half the original RRP. I can pick up a beautiful mod today with a great RDA for less than half it's RRP without even having to look too hard. No one wants a big screen DNA 40, lol. I do. But I'm a minirity and it has shown in the prices.

This is a bit of a bummer as my Hemo collection turened out to be a rather poor investment. Even here recently I've seen TI Provaris and Kabukis go for peanuts in the trade section. However if you have a squonk they go above RRP at times. Now that's a kick in the butt. Two years ago no one wanted a REO at RRP or a Billet Box. Now they are sky high in value.

Here are just a few mods I own that have really gone down in resale value. Doh ...

Attachments

• akced4.jpg
    akced4.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 31
  • dunamis1.jpg
    dunamis1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 197
  • E7-squonk.jpg
    E7-squonk.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 31
  • apoc.jpg
    apoc.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 31

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So stabwood mods are now everywhere thanks to the Chinese manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon. Noww I own a few stabwoods my favorites being my Apoc and my Dunamis. When they were bought they cost me a lot of money. But the market has plunged. I see high quality mods all over the web at half the original RRP. I can pick up a beautiful mod today with a great RDA for less than half it's RRP without even having to look too hard. No one wants a big screen DNA 40, lol. I do. But I'm a minirity and it has shown in the prices.

This is a bit of a bummer as my Hemo collection turened out to be a rather poor investment. Even here recently I've seen TI Provaris and Kabukis go for peanuts in the trade section. However if you have a squonk they go above RRP at times. Now that's a kick in the butt. Two years ago no one wanted a REO at RRP or a Billet Box. Now they are sky high in value.

Here are just a few mods I own that have really gone down in resale value. Doh ...
it's the same story with tube mods,,,and gennys,

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even worse unless you have a timekeeper or purge and even then iffy. Also mech boxes are tough on resale. A Provari Radius has better resale, lol.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even worse unless you have a timekeeper or purge and even then iffy. Also mech boxes are tough on resale. A Provari Radius has better resale, lol.
I just bought a brand new Nanos from MMV for 50.00....when they came out it was near 4 times that...stuff like a Lon from Urquidez you can pick up for a song, even hellfires aren't that hard to get for cheap...seeing as how I use gennys and mechs...it's a buyers market.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
buy and hold investing in consumer electronics is a very risky proposition.
it's not a matter of investing it's a matter of some of the finest vape gear around has gone out of vouge, the vaping community is very much directed by fads like everybody else.... and you can buy excellent gear now for much less...

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it's not a matter of investing it's a matter of some of the finest vape gear around has gone out of vouge, the vaping community is very much directed by fads like everybody else.... and you can buy excellent gear now for much less...

Kinda like the old Nokia bricks. They are antiquated, and wouldn't even work with modern data networks, but damn that was a well made phone. I had one, a 6190, go out the car window @ 70 mph and it didn't even drop the call. Try that with your android or iphone! They aren't worth much these days. Not to say no devices are worth anything as collectibles, but the odds are very very small. Technology just moves to fast, everything is designed to become obsolete. Doesn't lend itself to collectability.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda like the old Nokia bricks. They are antiquated, and wouldn't even work with modern data networks, but damn that was a well made phone. I had one, a 6190, go out the car window @ 70 mph and it didn't even drop the call. Try that with your android or iphone! They aren't worth much these days. Not to say no devices are worth anything as collectibles, but the odds are very very small. Technology just moves to fast, everything is designed to become obsolete. Doesn't lend itself to collectability.
yeah the vouge in vaping has all been toward bigger clouds....for those of us who are flavor chasers and build above .5 some of the older attys have not been surpassed yet.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
buy and hold investing in consumer electronics is a very risky proposition.

This ^^^

Technology improves so fast in these markets and price drops in weeks are the norm. Now maybe if you wait a couple decades ... naa, not likely either :)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I imagine part of the problem is market saturation. Some mods do better than others but just about everyone has tc now. It's no longer cutting edge or exclusive and whether looking at mods or tanks there's not much further they can go really.

It boils down to a box that holds batteries and heats a coil with juice on it. If a mod were 100% efficient then the limitation would be the actual batteries and their finite limits. Same with tanks, only so many ways to hold a coil, juice and have air move through it.

Some will buy things for aesthetic purposes same as buying a handcrafted watch (for those who even still wear a watch), a custom lighter if they smoke etc. The value is down to the individual and the more custom something is the less audience it's liable to attract (resale value issues). The stabwood mods are pretty but like other things people will find ways to copy it and make it cheaper or go imitation (cz vs diamonds).

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some will buy things for aesthetic purposes same as buying a handcrafted watch (for those who even still wear a watch), a custom lighter if they smoke etc. The value is down to the individual and the more custom something is the less audience it's liable to attract (resale value issues). The stabwood mods are pretty but like other things people will find ways to copy it and make it cheaper or go imitation (cz vs diamonds).

This may have something behind it. The really well made mechs actually do have a chance to become collectable. Then again, they aren't electronics. There is a large collectable market for well crafted mechanical devices of all sorts.

VU Sponsors