Become a Patron!

Herakles Air Flow Restricted, bad coil(s)?

Besides having to be extremely careful when I fill the thing, I have been loving my Herakles tank. I've had it for a little over 2 weeks. Air flow was good and consistent on the .2 coil it came with, as well as the firstone out of my .2 coil 5-pack. Changed coils last night to the second one of the 5-pack and the air flow felt heavily restricted even with the holes all the way open. I summed it up to a defective coil and put in the 3rd one of the 5-pack, same issue.

I primed them just like I did the first 2, which is to soak the holes, fill the tank, assemble it, take a few non fired hits, let it sit a few minutes and then do a few hits at each power level from 30-60 watts by 5s and settle at 60 and go from there.

Even the non-fired hits feel like the air flow is restricted, and when fired the air gets continually more restricted dependent on how long the pull is. I've made sure the center of the coil looks good and has nothing sticking out into the air passage, the coil is just as tight as the rest of them, the same size as the other ones, and the iStick 100w reads it between .25 and .29 just like the rest of them.

I've even gone as far as putting in the coil a little looser, lining up the opening on the bottom exactly with one of the air openings in the tank, removing the mesh lining, and trying multiple PG/VG mixed juices. Everything left me with the same result, frustrated and saddened.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a complete loss.

VU Sponsors