Become a Patron!

Here it Comes! The WISMEC Reuleaux RX200S

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Checked Wismec's Facebook page and browsed the comments below the RX200S announcement posts, everyone is asking if the 510 has been changed/improved and no reply from Wismec, it seems that all they did is use the leftover DNA200 shells they had laying around after they couldn't get new DNA200 boards from Evolv after the lawsuit and housed the Joyetech boards and screens in them, everything else appears to be the same including the 510, i hope i am wrong, but we would have to wait for early adopters/reviewers reports to know for sure if it changed or not.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the are using the RX200 style sled without the rings around the positive contacts in this video:
Good thing too, I had both versions and you had to be more careful with the DNA200 to not rip the battery wrap when removing.

Thanks for posting that. I don't know what topper they used in that video but if I was shooting that video I would have used a TFV4. Since there is no sound, it would have convayed the message to the masses that the 510 has indeed been updated.

CraigVM62

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just received my RX200 a week ago and only complaint I had was that I wished the screen was larger. I have old man eyes and it is tough to read without aid from a magnifying glass. At the same time I ordered a Cuboid and gave it to a friend as a gift. As soon as he fired it up I wanted one for myself due to it's screen.

romenov

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like it's mainly an upgrade on screen size? I would keep vaping on my rx200.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Since I've been considering the RX200 (and don't yet own one), I believe I'll order up as S model--even if it's a few bucks more and the only difference is the screen. To be honest I'd love to have a screen that size with 60 year old eyes ;)

I don't know how the 510 on either of them would work with a Velocity but it's simple enough to make a spacer if needed from an old credit card...

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I've been considering the RX200 (and don't yet own one), I believe I'll order up as S model--even if it's a few bucks more and the only difference is the screen. To be honest I'd love to have a screen that size with 60 year old eyes ;)

I don't know how the 510 on either of them would work with a Velocity but it's simple enough to make a spacer if needed from an old credit card...
I have a Tobeco Velocity clone and it fits perfect on my RX200, no connection issues whatsoever. The black on black, Velocity/RX200 look really nice together too. Most tanks fit just fine, but there are a few tanks with long 510s that have issues.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have a Tobeco Velocity clone and it fits perfect on my RX200, no connection issues whatsoever. The black on black, Velocity/RX200 look really nice together too. Most tanks fit just fine, but there are a few tanks with long 510s that have issues.
Thanks @Roadtrip635 !

You put my mind at ease!

Preordered at 101vapes and now the wait begins ;)

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched a live look video earlier and showed the RX200, DNA200 version and RX200S all together. The 510 connection doesn't look much different, maybe just a bit more travel, the battery sled is the same color as the DNA200 version, but doesn't have those cups/rings that tore wraps. The screen looked great, but wasn't too crazy about the font, but I'm sure we'll be able to change that pretty soon.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If its under $60 I'll pick one up for sure. The new features look cool but the one that interest me most and what would motivate me to buy it is the improved 510.
I agree on that pin. Seems mine may be having issues... And it's only like 2 months old..

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I watched a live look video earlier and showed the RX200, DNA200 version and RX200S all together. The 510 connection doesn't look much different, maybe just a bit more travel, the battery sled is the same color as the DNA200 version, but doesn't have those cups/rings that tore wraps. The screen looked great, but wasn't too crazy about the font, but I'm sure we'll be able to change that pretty soon.
Saw the video by Vapnfagan as well, the 510 is exactly the same like i expected only a bit more springy, the only difference is the screen but the font sucks IMO, i might pass on this one, the 510 ruined an otherwise nice update.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
According to 101vape they estimate ship date of 5-17-16. https://101vape.com/mods/1105-reuleaux-rx200s-200w-tc-box-mod-by-wismec-jay-bo-designs.html

As far as the improvements on the 510 this is what is in the description from the link I posted: To power your build, Wismec and Jay Bo listened to fans of their product and improved the 510 pin.

I preordered mine, can't wait to get it.
I just preordered mine today. Wonder if I'll get it same time as everyone else who ordered of 101vape months ago. Really hope so. What do you all think?

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just preordered mine today. Wonder if I'll get it same time as everyone else who ordered of 101vape months ago. Really hope so. What do you all think?

Probably. We're getting everyone's orders out as soon as possible with a few units to spare for people ordering after today.

Thanks for shopping with us!

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh, got my email. mine is in the mail ! Now the waiting game .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably. We're getting everyone's orders out as soon as possible with a few units to spare for people ordering after today.

Thanks for shopping with us!
Thanks 101vape. That was quick processing and thanks for the quick answer. Awesome!!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn that was quick. Just got an email saying they shipped it..yaayyyy!!!:bliss:

rice721

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
same 510 issues with attys not sitting flush or if forced flush will cause connection problems with other attys...why Wismec, just why, you had a second chance to do something about it.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
same 510 issues with attys not sitting flush or if forced flush will cause connection problems with other attys...why Wismec, just why, you had a second chance to do something about it.

So, I just want to be clear..... You bought/have the new RX200s, and the same 510 problems as the original RX200?!?!?!

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Saw one review that said it was the 510 from the DNA and not the RX...maybe his mod was an early edition for reviewers?

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I watched I think it was vapinheathn on youtube. His review said it's the DNA 510. Hmmm???

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That's the one..yes that's what he said it was the same as the one in the DNA version.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw one review that said it was the 510 from the DNA and not the RX...maybe his mod was an early edition for reviewers?
I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200. The 510s are the same between them. And apparently the RX200S is the same too.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you see Mike Vapes yet? It is the same 510.

I saw his, he said the same as the standard RX200, AND I saw another that said the same as the DNA200.... So, I was waiting for everyday people to actually own one, and compare! Since it seems we can't trust the reviewers all the time, they're human too.....

Same 510

7:40
Different 510

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200. The 510s are the same between them. And apparently the RX200S is the same too.
Ok, for some reason I thought the 510 was different between the RX200 and the DNA200.....

rice721

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have the DNA version but I'm almost 99% positive its the same 510 pin, as confirmed by Bill who has both.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ahhh all makes sense now. The reviewers are just confused like I was. Thanks for clearing that up. It sucks that they said the 510 was updated and it's not. False advertising as usual!!!

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'll reserve judgement until I have mine in hand later this week instead of playing "he said, she said"

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm waiting to hear the same....I MIGHT buy it anyway, as I like the bigger screen. I have a RX200, and the bigger screen would be nice, and I can always replace the 510 on the RX200s. I was thinking about the Lost Vapes Triade, but at $169.00 it's a bit much I think. Given current prices of DNA devices, I could see $139.00, or so.... I mean the Vt133 less than $88.00, the HotCig DX200, is now on sale for less than $88.00....

We'll see....

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The estimated day of arrival for mine is friday.. just one more day!! Can't wait. This will be my first rx200...

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today from 101vape:

20160518_182848.jpg

Aside from the screen I like how you can change the battery indicator to %.

I was having problems with my original RX200 when using SS TC with some tanks, sometimes it worked, sometimes it switched back to power mode on it's own. Those same tanks worked on all my other devices perfectly in SS TC mode so I knew it was the RX200 and not the tanks. The new RX200S has worked flawlessly in SS TC mode so far.

If you have a perfectly working RX200 then the only upgrade would be the screen and color scheme. Not sure if my RX200 has a bad 510, that would be one reason for it to drop out of TC mode I would think. It has only been 8 hours but so far so good.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was having problems with my original RX200 when using SS TC with some tanks, sometimes it worked, sometimes it switched back to power mode on it's own. Those same tanks worked on all my other devices perfectly in SS TC mode so I knew it was the RX200 and not the tanks. The new RX200S has worked flawlessly in SS TC mode so far.
Hello, I'm curious about the 510.... On the RX200, what tanks had a problem, dropping out of TC into power mode? I ask as my RX200 has that problem with the Gemini RTA 22mm, BUT if I use a 510 washer it works fine.

You have me wondering if Wismec did change the 510 on the RX200s, as you old RX200 seems to have had the 510 issue, but not the RX200s.....

You can test if the issue is the 510 on the RX200, just use a washer about .5mm thick. As a test, anything would work, if the right thickness...even a piece of cardboard......

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Old credit/debit/gift cards make great spacer disks...

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, I'm curious about the 510.... On the RX200, what tanks had a problem, dropping out of TC into power mode? I ask as my RX200 has that problem with the Gemini RTA 22mm, BUT if I use a 510 washer it works fine.

You have me wondering if Wismec did change the 510 on the RX200s, as you old RX200 seems to have had the 510 issue, but not the RX200s.....

You can test if the issue is the 510 on the RX200, just use a washer about .5mm thick. As a test, anything would work, if the right thickness...even a piece of cardboard......

I use the Herk plus the most in TC so it was more than likely that tank. I will have to test it out again but probably won't be until the weekend.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I may have found the answer, and I don't like it. The youtube reviewer Djlsbvapes -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4AFXAUeus3oMgp4JZEjxA

He maintains a spreadsheet of mods, and atomizers with their 510 specs, according to his data the 510 on the RX200s is even shorter than the RX200, and the RX200 and DNA200 show the same specs!!!

upload_2016-5-19_8-31-54.png
upload_2016-5-19_8-30-30.png

That is not good, at all.
I hope it's wrong, type-o or something. This data shows the RX200s 510 is .7mm more shallow than the RX200 & DNA200.

Table is located here:

http://www.djlsbvapes.com/510-connectors-length/

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-19_8-31-19.png
    upload_2016-5-19_8-31-19.png
    10 KB · Views: 16

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont really care if the 510 is the same or different on it. Ive had my RX200 for 4 months and use it heavily daily, lots of swapping tanks/rdas, lots of bumps and knocks, and havent had any problems with it. The things solid as a rock. If they make the new ones as solid as the old model, itll be just fine.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont really care if the 510 is the same or different on it. Ive had my RX200 for 4 months and use it heavily daily, lots of swapping tanks/rdas, lots of bumps and knocks, and havent had any problems with it. The things solid as a rock. If they make the new ones as solid as the old model, itll be just fine.
I love the mod too, but I can't use my Vapresso Gemini RTA 22mm, or the Griffin 25mm without using a 510 spacer....otherwise temperature control does NOT work......

Which is why I was hoping they would have used a deeper 510 connection....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I may have found the answer, and I don't like it. The youtube reviewer Djlsbvapes -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4AFXAUeus3oMgp4JZEjxA

He maintains a spreadsheet of mods, and atomizers with their 510 specs, according to his data the 510 on the RX200s is even shorter than the RX200, and the RX200 and DNA200 show the same specs!!!

View attachment 51541
View attachment 51539

That is not good, at all.
I hope it's wrong, type-o or something. This data shows the RX200s 510 is .7mm more shallow than the RX200 & DNA200.

Table is located here:

http://www.djlsbvapes.com/510-connectors-length/
WOW, they were denying warranty if you used a 510 that was too long with the original RX200. Is this what they call improved, an even shallower 510 connection. What were they thinking?

Cheers,
Steve

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WOW, they were denying warranty if you used a 510 that was too long with the original RX200. Is this what they call improved, an even shallower 510 connection. What were they thinking?

Cheers,
Steve
Wismec never used the term "improved" to describe the 510 in their new mod, it is just a rumor that people kept repeating over and over without providing any references from the manufacturer, they were probably just expressing their wishes and hopes as if they were facts and that happens a lot in the vaping community, i am not sure why, apparently Wismec just had lots of the DNA200 shells laying around that they did not know what to do with so they decided to push that big screen thing to sell them, for some reason they insist on using that shallow 510 in all their devices, maybe coz it is more suitable for their atomizers so they are doing that to indirectly force people to purchase their tanks?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec never used the term "improved" to describe the 510 in their new mod, it is just a rumor that people kept repeating over and over without providing any references from the manufacturer, they were probably just expressing their wishes and hopes as if they were facts and that happens a lot in the vaping community, i am not sure why, apparently Wismec just had lots of the DNA200 shells laying around that they did not know what to do with so they decided to push that big screen thing to sell them, for some reason they insist on using that shallow 510 in all their devices, maybe coz it is more suitable for their atomizers so they are doing that to indirectly force people to purchase their tanks?
They sure did from the start. They actually said it because I quoted it in an earlier post: "To power your build, Wismec and Jay Bo listened to fans of their product and improved the 510 pin; The new Reuleaux now has a stainless steel spring loaded 510 connection." 101vape still has this same information that Wismec originally listed on their site. Sometime later, Wismec removed this statement from their website.

https://101vape.com/mods/1105-reuleaux-rx200s-200w-tc-box-mod-by-wismec-jay-bo-designs.html

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I can't speak to what the "old" 510s were like but my new "S" arrived about an hour ago.

I screwed my Tobeco Velocity on to "snug" and it sat high..

Then after a minute of "Hmmm" I just turned it down a bit more and it's flush and works as it should.

Stiff connection to start...but after removing it just for the hell of it and and reinstalling it, it's much less stiff to screw on the second time and seems to be working just fine.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stiff connection to start...but after removing it just for the hell of it and and reinstalling it, it's much less stiff to screw on the second time and seems to be working just fine.
That is exactly what users were doing with the DNA200 and RX200. And if yours is like those, in a matter of time they will error with no atomizer or short atomizer.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I guess they didn't improve the 510. While the new screen is pretty, its not enough for me to justify getting a second RX.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine just arrived. A day earlier than the expected arrival date. I just don't have 3 married cells so I'm gonna have to wait to use it:gaah:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine just arrived. A day earlier than the expected arrival date. I just don't have 3 married cells so I'm gonna have to wait to use it:gaah:
Tell us about the 510, do you have the version 1 to compare it with?

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That is exactly what users were doing with the DNA200 and RX200. And if yours is like those, in a matter of time they will error with no atomizer or short atomizer.
Well I guess time will tell--but this atomizer will live on this mod until one or the other dies so I don't expect to be removing it often.

In my mind, the constant removal would exacerbate any possible issue whereas a semi-permanent marriage might not so I'm not worried about it.

I'll let you know when or if anything happens other than a successful marriage ;)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tell us about the 510, do you have the version 1 to compare it with?
I don't have a original rx200 to compare it to but my tobacco velocity has to be screwed down tightly to get it to sit flush. 510 seems to be really stiff.

VU Sponsors