Become a Patron!

Here's a good question.

Smokey1471

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have a cloud beast along with an alien 220 watt mod. I love them both. Now I know that the coil says best at 90-120 watts. What is ACTUALLY the best wattage for that coil tfv8? I usually run between 42-56 watts. Should I run higher wattage? The juice I use is 70/30 with a nic level of 6.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best is what works best for YOU....... the numbers on the coil are the electrical or theoretically optimal range......... who theory IDK........
If vaping on my regulated mod and I like it....... I figure if it fires and I know the amps..... would be safe on my mech?

VAPE ON.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best is what works best for YOU....... the numbers on the coil are the electrical or theoretically optimal range......... who theory IDK........
If vaping on my regulated mod and I like it....... I figure if it fires and I know the amps..... would be safe on my mech?

VAPE ON.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Exactly this.

Plus I have found the smok coils are grossly over-rated for optimal wattage. If you ran them in the suggested range printed on them, would taste like burned cotton.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a cloud beast along with an alien 220 watt mod. I love them both. Now I know that the coil says best at 90-120 watts. What is ACTUALLY the best wattage for that coil tfv8? I usually run between 42-56 watts. Should I run higher wattage? The juice I use is 70/30 with a nic level of 6.
Personally I have found that I tend to like most Smok coils just right below their best rating or on the low side of it. Try it there and see if you like it. If not just go back to the wattage you enjoyed. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to factory coils.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors