Become a Patron!

Hexohm V3

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have wanted a Hexohm almost since I started vaping. For the life of me I couldn't see spending so much money on such a simple mod. Two days ago I was able to aquire one and boy was I wrong. After vaping one non stop for the last two days I can now honestly and truly appreciate and understand the cult like following Craving Vapor has developed. I don't know what it is but I just can't put this box down. I just get a spectacular vape off it. I would love to hear other thoughts and experiences vapers have had with their Hexohms.

34b1308f3733750fe39504bfa3f41b8f.jpg

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see you're running the trusty UD Bellus on it

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
Actually that's a Beta V1 of the Bellus 25.

-William Cowper

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have wanted a Hexohm almost since I started vaping. For the life of me I couldn't see spending so much money on such a simple mod. Two days ago I was able to aquire one and boy was I wrong. After vaping one non stop for the last two days I can now honestly and truly appreciate and understand the cult like following Craving Vapor has developed. I don't know what it is but I just can't put this box down. I just get a spectacular vape off it. I would love to hear other thoughts and experiences vapers have had with their Hexohms.

-William Cowper
Amen dude!!!
When I got my hex it was a 'now I get it' moment

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New bellus to be released ?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have two beta versions. That was one of them. I like the 2nd version better. They haven't sent me the final yet and my contact there said they might be doing a third beta version.

-William Cowper

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

-William Cowper

I've been wanting one since I started vaping. But then I got hurt at work and have been out of commission for over 18months just finally had spine surgery on the 31st. It's definitely still on my wish list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been wanting one since I started vaping. But then I got hurt at work and have been out of commission for over 18months just finally had spine surgery on the 31st. It's definitely still on my wish list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope and pray all goes well for you.

-William Cowper

ironjaiden

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been looking to get one of these for a while now. What exactly is happening there that you guys are so stoked on? Build quality? Something about how the power's delivered?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been looking to get one of these for a while now. What exactly is happening there that you guys are so stoked on? Build quality? Something about how the power's delivered?
Can't speak for anyone else but for me it's a combination of all of the above.
I think of it as a regulated mechmod.
No frills, no features, no screen, no TC, just a dial and vape.
It's variable voltage as apposed to wattage. You basically just set your potentiometer to the vape you like and forget the rest.
The button alone is worth mod too. It's a big clicky horn switch that is so identifiable you know when you here it. The build quality is something you'll swear would survive a nuclear holocaust. Again, nothing special, just a tough ass box with a big magnetic door. Mine fell off of a second floor balcony and onto a concrete parking lot. I went down picked it up and all it did was bent a corner a bit but nothing else.
If there were one mod I would want when nothing else were available this is it.

ironjaiden

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's variable voltage as apposed to wattage. You basically just set your potentiometer to the vape you like and forget the rest.
The button alone is worth mod too. It's a big clicky horn switch that is so identifiable you know when you here it. The build quality is something you'll swear would survive a nuclear holocaust. Again, nothing special, just a rough ass box with a big magnetic door. Mine fell off of a second floor balcony and onto a concrete parking lot. I went down picked it up and all it did was bent a corner a bit but nothing else.

Awesome. That's pretty much what I thought. I've got a Noisy Cricket 2 I really want to love but the garbage potentiometer dial and just overall cheap feel of the build have me thinking it's not going to last very long. I'm going to grab a V3 from the local Craving Vapor shop this week if they've got them in stock.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome. That's pretty much what I thought. I've got a Noisy Cricket 2 I really want to love but the garbage potentiometer dial and just overall cheap feel of the build have me thinking it's not going to last very long. I'm going to grab a V3 from the local Craving Vapor shop this week if they've got them in stock.
Must be Texas!
Craving Vapor are the makers of the hexohm. You have a CV shop than hell yes, you're in their hometown too. The pot on these is so much nicer than the ii25. It's apples to oranges in all aspects of build quality. CV has killer customer service and a kick ass warranty too!!

ironjaiden

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Must be Texas!
Craving Vapor are the makers of the hexohm. You have a CV shop than hell yes, you're in their hometown too. The pot on these is so much nicer than the ii25. It's apples to oranges in all aspects of build quality. CV has killer customer service and a kick ass warranty too!!

Yep, Austin. The shop is 5 minutes from work. Sounds like it was meant to be.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The button alone is worth mod too. It's a big clicky horn switch that is so identifiable you know when you here it. The build quality is something you'll swear would survive a nuclear holocaust. Again, nothing special, just a tough ass box with a big magnetic door. Mine fell off of a second floor balcony and onto a concrete parking lot. I went down picked it up and all it did was bent a corner a bit but nothing else.
If there were one mod I would want when nothing else were available this is it.

I totally agree. the build quality on this thing is just special. It may actually have the best battery door I have ever seen on a mod. From the construction to the powder coating to the machining to the fire button, this thing is top notch all the way. As soon as you touch it it just screams quality. It's nothing fancy at all it just vapes like a champ. Most people here know I am a TC vaper that's why I am so surprised at how much I love this box. Ramp up on any coil is almost instant. I fully understand why Hexohm fans own multiple Hexohms. It really is that good of a box. I didn't even mention the lifetime warranty.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had one for about a year, but haven't used it much, although there is nothing wrong with it, vapes like a champ..!

Squonkers are more my style.
I have a v2 and love it.... But the firing switch, the cables at the solder part broke. It should be an easy fix.... I was barely using it and put it away......

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a v2 and love it.... But the firing switch, the cables at the solder part broke. It should be an easy fix.... I was barely using it and put it away......

Lifetime warranty bro, send her in for service.

-William Cowper

LizClark0910

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

-William Cowper
I vaped for 2 1/2 yrs before I ended my search for the next great mod.
Bought a v2 thru a facebook group, a week later got a Hex Angel v2.1, and a v1 & 2 weeks ago bought this Soldier Green Splatter LE.
The hype is real.
The rep is legit.
I can't compare to mech's, only regulated mods, but nothing, and I mean nothing hits as hard & consistent
Welcome to the club!
c1fb278b03e4165901599a2195f64a8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I vaped for 2 1/2 yrs before I ended my search for the next great mod.
Bought a v2 thru a facebook group, a week later got a Hex Angel v2.1, and a v1 & 2 weeks ago bought this Soldier Green Splatter LE.
The hype is real.
The rep is legit.
I can't compare to mech's, only regulated mods, but nothing, and I mean nothing hits as hard & consistent
Welcome to the club!
c1fb278b03e4165901599a2195f64a8e.jpg

I like that box. Nice looking Hexohm.

-William Cowper

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
when I got my v2, it was like a flashbulb went off in my mind-I understood the devoted following. All the power I wanted like my Premium Mech's, but regulated and adjustable. It's simply the best of both worlds if you don't need a display and know Ohm's law. I use my SS Goon on it with a dual SS caterpillar coil set up coming in at .4 Ohms. It's a delightful cloud monster with massive flavor to boot!

Zander

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, this box mod sounds just like what I've been looking for. I was a heavy mech mod user up until about 6 months ago (I was using the Smok-E Mountain Vanilla mods) I then took the plunge and got a RX200... But it just doesn't hit like a mech mod.

So, I don't really have a clue about Ohms law but before the mech mods I used a SID mech mod.

So how many batteries does it use? What is the main website to buy a Hexohm v3? What kinda price am I looking at? :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man, this box mod sounds just like what I've been looking for. I was a heavy mech mod user up until about 6 months ago (I was using the Smok-E Mountain Vanilla mods) I then took the plunge and got a RX200... But it just doesn't hit like a mech mod.

So, I don't really have a clue about Ohms law but before the mech mods I used a SID mech mod.

So how many batteries does it use? What is the main website to buy a Hexohm v3? What kinda price am I looking at? :-D

Cravingvapor.com

-William Cowper

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
@Zamazam and @f1r3b1rd I have a question about the Hexohm that you 2 are uniquely qualified to answer I know that the V1 used an OKR-T10 and the V2 supposedly used an Tweaked OKL2-T/20 The V3 not sure what they used? But my question is can you discern any difference in the vape between the OKL2-T/20 wood mods I made for you and the original Hexohms you own?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Zamazam and @f1r3b1rd I have a question about the Hexohm that you 2 are uniquely qualified to answer I know that the V1 used an OKR-T10 and the V2 supposedly used an Tweaked OKL2-T/20 The V3 not sure what they used? But my question is can you discern any difference in the vape between the OKL2-T/20 wood mods I made for you and the original Hexohms you own?
I can't at all.
The only real difference I get between the two is the switch. I keep the same build on each- right at 0.27-0.3 ohms and the vape is nearly identical.

LizClark0910

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

This is def what you have been looking for.
You're looking to spend, depending on which version you get, & whether it's new or used, $80-$180.
If you want new from the source, CravingVapor.com.
You can also always check out The Official Hexohm Buy/Sell page on facebook.
99% on there are awesome folks that are straight up about what they are selling.
Fakes get called out quick.
I have bought, sold & traded Hex's thru that page & never had a prob.
Good Luck!

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
I can't at all.
The only real difference I get between the two is the switch. I keep the same build on each- right at 0.27-0.3 ohms and the vape is nearly identical.

Ok thanks for responding. Just to make sure you have a V2 Hexohm right? After I made those for you guys I kept thinking I should make one for myself. But have been very happy with my OKR-T/10's so have held off. What do your mean about the switch do you prefer one over the other?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok thanks for responding. Just to make sure you have a V2 Hexohm right? After I made those for you guys I kept thinking I should make one for myself. But have been very happy with my OKR-T/10's so have held off. What do your mean about the switch do you prefer one over the other?
The hexohm horn switch itself is one of those things that make the mod what it is. I do prefer it over most switches in general. But the ones that you use are really nice and almost like a mitec switch, which for me is pretty damn close in enjoyment.
In fact, since the mod itself is larger, the flush mount switches you use are definitely nicer for this application.
And yes, I have the hexohm2.1 which is the 20 chip. I'm shocked you haven't made one for yourself yet. This board rocks.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

@MannyScoot I had 2 break on me, went to there web site filled out a form and sent them in. Repaired and returned no problem.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Up until the V3, CV used T20 boards but in the V3, they went with their own custom PCB which can get you up to 160ish if you crank it.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Is a wiggly battery door fairly common with these? I sent mine back because of it and the replacement has the same issue. I love thing and a wiggly door isn't a huge issue, just wondering if I just happened to have bad luck twice in a row.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, there is a little play in the door. It's not much and it takes some force but it is there

SirLeakALot

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking to step up my game from my mech tubes to a dual battery serial box and found this thread by accident. This thing looks really nice and with all I read about it by now this definitely seems like an option to consider. I found a vendor in my country that has some editions of it in stock (illuminati, hex logo and angels) and it's not even overpriced. I'll see the box in the flesh tomorrow and can't wait to see what it feels in hand.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is a wiggly battery door fairly common with these? I sent mine back because of it and the replacement has the same issue. I love thing and a wiggly door isn't a huge issue, just wondering if I just happened to have bad luck twice in a row.

Mine had a tiny bit of movement...I just took some clear tape and put it on the 4 rails of the door...no movement whatsoever and you'd be hard pressed to see the tape even up close.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mine had a tiny bit of movement...I just took some clear tape and put it on the 4 rails of the door...no movement whatsoever and you'd be hard pressed to see the tape even up close.
Apparently a little bit of movement is pretty common, but both my original and the replacement have an excessive amount. I must just have really shitty luck. I've put a layer of scotch tape on the inner lip the door on each side and it made a difference, but not much of one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine has the tiniest bit of movement. Not during regular use though. I have to grab the door and push it back and forth to get it to move.

-William Cowper

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apparently a little bit of movement is pretty common, but both my original and the replacement have an excessive amount. I must just have really shitty luck. I've put a layer of scotch tape on the inner lip the door on each side and it made a difference, but not much of one.

I had to do all 4 sides...folded the scotch tape over the rails...

When I first got it, each time I grabbed it, it would move...since adding the tape to all 4...nothing. Some have also used Electrical tape since its a tad thicker.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mine has the tiniest bit of movement. Not during regular use though. I have to grab the door and push it back and forth to get it to move.

-William Cowper
Funny enough my clone has no wiggle I noticed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I almost got one of the 2.1s awhile back but found something I feel is better. i prefer my xohm dimebox same idea but with a led to tell you the battery volts and a master on/off switch. I have 2 with no issues and no wiggle on battery door

VU Sponsors