Become a Patron!

Hey all!

Unclepuffs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is pretty much a repost of my ECF thread, because well...lazy :) I didn't even know about this joint until the Guide to Vaping votes! Glad I found it. The following post has been a bit edited because I have changed what gear I will be getting tomorrow.

Hello all,
My name is Dave and I haven't had an analog cigerette in almost two years. I work a super high stress job and after two weeks of cold turkey I found myself in the local Cigerette Shopper to pick up a box or twenty of my brand. It was at that moment that the guy behind the counter who I have a pretty good relationship with introduced me to an eGo style vape kit. It was cheap, I don't even remember the brand, but I bought it and some crap eliquid instead of analogs. I never looked back.

Flash forward to now, and because of a bit of loyalty and a lot of lack of research on my part I am still analog free, and still vaping off crappy bargin bin eGo's. My current brand is Puff. Not a great product but it works. The juice is meh. I just knew there had to be something better than this. At Thanksgiving my nephew (an advanced vaper) who had also vaped for many years showed up with a pack of smokes, while I showed up with my Puff. He took a drag off it and the very next day texted me to let me know he had ordered a VaporShark rDNA 40 and a Russian 91%. I did a quick search and decided that was a bit out of my price range. So I took my trusty bargin bin Puff, searched for eCig's in Google and ended up on PBusardo's Youtube channel. I watched quite a few video's and instead of feeling enlightened, I felt confused. I knew I didn't want an RDA or an RBA just yet because I wasn't sure how to build and know nothing of resistances and all that jazz. My confusion is not Phil's fault, his videos are super informative and entertaining, my confusion is because I am a binge watcher. I'd seen so many tanks and mods that I would never be able to make a choice!

So on December 22nd I e-mailed Phil to ask his opinion. I wasn't sure if he would get back to me it was the holiday's and I am sure he gets a bunch of questions weekly. He got back to me within the hour, we e-mailed back and forth and he helped me narrow down what I was looking for perormance wise and ended up suggesting I go for the eLeaf iStick and a Aspire Nautilus Mini. I immediatly began looking for the best price, and immediatly began seeing other Aspire products as well. I can't order until next Friday but I settled on an MVP 20w, with a Nautilus tank or three, I am also ordering two five packs of replacement coils. Super excited to get this stuff!

Watching Phil led me to GrimmGreen, and I also found RubyRoo...it will not be long before I order an RDA and a mechanical now as well.

Sorry this was so long, just very happy to see a community so willing to help (and not overmoderate!) people quit and stay off analog's and have a great hobby to boot! I don't know if Phil uses this forum, but if he does...Thank you for all your help brother! You were very patient and didn't have to go to such lenghts to help such a n00b!

Thanks for reading all,
Dave

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome. Great folks around here.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Dave, Glad you signed up here at this joint, Enjoy the forum...:):)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the #1 Forum. I'm using the Nautilus mini with a iStick and am enjoying it. Finding some good flavors is both enjoyable and frustrating, but that appears to be your next challenge. Hope you spend some time reading the information here and watch for contest, sales, and members just shooting the breeze.

Unclepuffs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been digging through the forums for about twenty minutes now and I am deeply impressed. I was a little afraid you'd all be a bunch of lawless assholes! It's nice to see you are actually a bunch of lawless nice folk! Really glad I joined.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been digging through the forums for about twenty minutes now and I am deeply impressed. I was a little afraid you'd all be a bunch of lawless assholes! It's nice to see you are actually a bunch of lawless nice folk! Really glad I joined.
That be us
applause_zps51931146.gif

Unclepuffs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is that an ass in your avatar or am I just happy to see you?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and happy new years! This is about the friendliest bunch of vapers around! Congrats on the step up to the Istick...I think you're in for a real treat stepping up from the egos...enjoy!

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You will not be disappointed with the mvp. That was my hardest decision my buddy at work vapes on the mvp an nautilus mini. But I wanted the eleaf istick and nautilus mini. Both are great for vaping. And when you say puff are you talking about puff king? Also welcome to the underground

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

Glad you have decided to treat yourself to some better gear but unless I missed something you need to treat yourself to some better E-Liquids as well.

May I suggest that you take a look at both Bulk E-Juice and Mt. Baker Vapor? Both have some really good flavors at reasonable prices.

Start out by ordering sample sized bottles to find the flavors you like the best and then invest in the larger sized bottles.

Bulk E-Juice has free S&H on orders over $30 and MBV on orders over $50.

To be honest, I prefer BEJ.

And I am not surprised at all that Phil replied to your email and helped you out.

That is just how he is:D

Unclepuffs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah Phil was great! As far as juice goes, I just joined Craft Vapery. Give them a go for a month or two to see if I can find something I love then hunt it down at it's lowest price. I ordered my gear like ten minutes ago so shipping confirmation should be this afternoon and then the waiting begins! Very excited for new gear and juice.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yeah Phil was great! As far as juice goes, I just joined Craft Vapery. Give them a go for a month or two to see if I can find something I love then hunt it down at it's lowest price. I ordered my gear like ten minutes ago so shipping confirmation should be this afternoon and then the waiting begins! Very excited for new gear and juice.

And now you can join us in another aspect of vaping.

Stalking the mailman/woman. Or in my case Lazy Bitch.

Right now I have two USPS tracking tabs open on my desktop watching my orders for Kanthal Wire and new charger get closer and closer and hopefully be delivered today if the Lazy Mail Bitch decides it is not too much trouble!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And now you can join us in another aspect of vaping.

Stalking the mailman/woman. Or in my case Lazy Bitch.

Right now I have two USPS tracking tabs open on my desktop watching my orders for Kanthal Wire and new charger get closer and closer and hopefully be delivered today if the Lazy Mail Bitch decides it is not too much trouble!

Consider yourself lucky, I ordered a ohm meter and had it leave Ca. ship to the sorting facility here just to turn around and go back to Ca. then come back. I have no idea why and after calling them, USPS, they had no idea why either.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome!

VU Sponsors