Become a Patron!

Hi Everybody from Brittany, France.

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Everybody from Brittany, France.

I completely gave up a 50 year old pack-a-day analog habit 10 weeks ago. I had been trying 1st and 2nd generation devices for the past 2 years but they didn't really cut it for me. In early December I sprung for a VV/VW and 2 replaceable coil atties and since a month ago I've been using a RTA (Fogger 4.1) in single microcoil/cotton mode - (I block the juice channels on 1 side.) I've joined this forum to deepen my coil-building knowledge and to learn to make my own e-liquid, because I'm consuming 4-5 mls. a day (probably because I've gone from 16 mg/ml to 6 mg/ml in only 2 months but I had no choice because I was overdosing on nicotine with heart palpitations and headches, not to mention weird dreams!) and it's getting expensive!

Wishing you all a great week. Here, the weather has picked up a bit and it hasn't rained for a week. That's rare for Brittany!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Frank and welcome to VU, great to have you here, there is a great area here on coils & rebuildables and plenty of people to help with any questions.
Enjoy the forum!!

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Frank and welcome to VU, great to have you here, there is a great area here on coils & rebuildables and plenty of people to help with any questions.
Enjoy the forum!!

Hi Whiskey,
Many thanks for the welcome. I've already been checking out this forum for several weeks now and I really like what I've read. Next stop a dripper. Twin coil RTA's send my juice consumption sky-high! My Fogger 4.1 is a real juice glutton and I've gone back to using it with a single coil build and not more than 15 Watts (1.6 ohms.)

Thanks again and have a great week.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome from me as well!

Yep, those foggers and other RDA/RTAs will really suck up your liquids.

Perhaps something like a Kayfun would help you conserve your E-Liquids just a bit until you are up and running with your DIY? They still use more liquids than things like Protanks but still IMHO deliver better flavor.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Greetings and congratulations on the switch! :)

Seems like you are doing quite well already, it's a never-ending journey as a hobby. (if you so choose) ;)

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome from me as well!

Yep, those foggers and other RDA/RTAs will really suck up your liquids.

Perhaps something like a Kayfun would help you conserve your E-Liquids just a bit until you are up and running with your DIY? They still use more liquids than things like Protanks but still IMHO deliver better flavor.

Thanks for the welcome UncleRJ.

It's a toss-up at the moment. I'm got my eyes on the Squape right now but I'll have to ask for an bank loan first! Either way I've had my fill of clones. My Fogger is already worn out. The 501 thread is shot and also it tasted horrible. Shenzhen S/S is really low quality. To be expected at those prices.

Last edited:

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Greetings and congratulations on the switch! :)

Seems like you are doing quite well already, it's a never-ending journey as a hobby. (if you so choose) ;)

Hi CaFF and thanks for the welcome. You're right - it's a great hobby but twin-coil builds on the Fogger is like microsurgery (I imagine). I'll go for something easier, hopefully a Squape. They're a bit cheaper here in France, paying in Euros and quite readily available for the moment.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi CaFF and thanks for the welcome. You're right - it's a great hobby but twin-coil builds on the Fogger is like microsurgery (I imagine). I'll go for something easier, hopefully a Squape. They're a bit cheaper here in France, paying in Euros and quite readily available for the moment.

It's all relative I guess. I've done dual coils on the Aqua v1, Fogger v4 and Orchid v4 RTA's.
It just depends on what you build and what with. There are tricks to coiling too.

Does help to have smaller hands, good dexterity and some magnification. :)

Orchid v4 build, 0.8 ohms.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's all relative I guess. I've done dual coils on the Aqua v1, Fogger v4 and Orchid v4 RTA's.
It just depends on what you build and what with. There are tricks to coiling too.

Does help to have smaller hands, good dexterity and some magnification. :)

Orchid v4 build, 1.1 ohms.

Nice build!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice build!

Thx, it's based of off Fran's "Mickey Mouse Ears" Orchid builds which work wonderfully.

I corrected the post as well, it should have read 0.8 ohms. My other Orchid and my Fogger have 1.1 ohm builds just like it.

I get confused... ;)

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome!
I'm glad ya found us!

Hey @CaFF, between pictures of your food and your builds, I hate you.
I really, really hate you... ;):D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome.

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice pics CaFF- thanks for posting. Is that an authentic Aethertech Orchid? I'd take a guess and say that your coils are 28ga./ 2mm.diam. (maybe wider) Is my guess anywhere near? They seem pretty high though. Is that to protect the insulator? I like the the adjustable juice flow on the Orchid. Nearly bought a Kaiser 3.1 for that reason.

Which version Fogger do you have? Mine is a 4.1 (aka 4.4 - just Fogger etched on the chimney and 4.1 etched on the tank.) I'm crazy about discussing Fogger builds. I must have tried every possible permutation and have the pretense to claim to have it nailed now!!! Any takers?

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome!
I'm glad ya found us!

Hey @CaFF, between pictures of your food and your builds, I hate you.
I really, really hate you... ;):D

Thanks for the welcome - that's really kind. I'm glad to have found ya all too!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground Frank. Bring your enthusiasm and the rain we don't discriminate here:)

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the Underground Frank. Bring your enthusiasm and the rain we don't discriminate here:)

Hi there "Dissonance" and many thanks for your welcome. I lack neither enthusiasm nor rain, just a few hundred bucks to buy a Squape and a Provari!

Thanks again.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome!

I learned a little trick, that helped me saving money in no time. Every evening, I would take out the single dollar bills and collected those in a jar. Within 3 months, I had over $600 in the jar.

FrankVappa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome!

I learned a little trick, that helped me saving money in no time. Every evening, I would take out the single dollar bills and collected those in a jar. Within 3 months, I had over $600 in the jar.

Heh no kidding! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! How I come I never thought of it? Maybe that way I could even end up with a VapourFlask as well!

I'm amazed to realize that single dollar bills still exist in the USA. Here in the Eurozone the lowest paper denomination is 5€ and it's been like that since 2002 and I suppose it's the same in the UK (although I'm English, I haven't lived there since 1972.) In fact I recall they abolished £1 bills in 1984. They call all this progress.

It beggars belief what they want to do about vaping. The European Union proposed Tobacco Products Directive is based on a pile of baloney. As for the recent 'scientific' paper on fomaldehyde production - I won't even start commenting. The moderators wouldn't like my choice of words. Big Pharma & Big Tobacco will go to any lengths to be able to continue killing us prematurely.

Thanks again for the welcome & the great idea. Happy vaping

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pharmaceutical companies and tobacco conglomerates care about one thing and one thing only, bolstering profits and feeding us tripe via assorted media outlets. "Before crisis can spread it must have a root in origin"

The Electronic Cigarette Revolution is growing with every passing minute and will continue to do so. Eventually they will all fall. Evil will not triumph we shall persevere to the end and get the last laugh (above ground)

VU Sponsors