Become a Patron!

Hi form !

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi form !!

Im a heavy smoker.. and seeking advice in vaping to quit smoking..

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Take it at your own pace.
It worked for me and many others.
Where are you located?

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi, welcome to VU. You may have to ask some specific questions to find what you're wanting, but ask and you'll get good help here. I found it easy to quit smoking by vaping and I was a long time smoker, although I wouldn't say I was a heavy smoker. I vape a lot though. I like it better than smoking. Have you tried vaping? Do you have any vape gear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, welcome to VU. You may have to ask some specific questions to find what you're wanting, but ask and you'll get good help here. I found it easy to quit smoking by vaping and I was a long time smoker, although I wouldn't say I was a heavy smoker. I vape a lot though. I like it better than smoking. Have you tried vaping? Do you have any vape gear?

I have try an e-cig.. but didn't like it.. not much smoke came out to make me feel like I was smoking.. and the nicotine was not even there.. I stopped after 2 days..

I have seen a friend of friend use a vaper.. like 12 inch metal device.. and the vape that came out was awesome... but never try it my self..

I smoke 3 packs a day.. and been smoking for 15 years.. and I really want to stop smoking.. but need that nicotine..

I'm new to all this... I just watched and vid on youtube about how vape is better then smoking.. and I just jumped on and found this forum..

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

oops..sorry I didn't tell you what i was looking for...

Im trying to quit smoking.. I saw a device that looks like a metal shaft.. and has a liquid metal tube on the top...the device looks beefy not skinny or short..about 12 inch.. and had a digital screen on the device...

Are the liquids safe? Do they have organic stuff? with nicotine and maybe some fruit flavor?

I have found some shops online.. but not sure if they are good.. and have no idea which one to get..

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It sounds like you are describing what many call a tube mod. There are many kinds. I have a few but I mostly use box mods now. A tank that holds the liquid and the coil that heats the juice and produces the vapor screws on to the top of the tube mod. Again there are many kinds. They are called tanks, glassomizers, clearomizers, etc. The coil in the tank will wear out, get dirty, etc. so you replace them. Some coils can be cleaned and used again. Many are easily rebuilt also if you're handy with things like that.

These will work to help you quit smoking if you really want to. You're just going to have to do some research and get an idea what you want to try. I hate to recommend something to a new person really, but if I was doing so to someone just wanting to try vaping, I'd probably recommend something like an iStick 30 watt and an Aspire Nautilus mini for the tank. Simple but very effective gear for a beginner. There is a multitude of stuff other than that though. I can't really recommend any juice as I don't buy juice. I make all my juice so I don't know who sells decent juice these days.

You ask if liquids are safe. We think so. Many have been vaping for years and are healthier than when they were smoking. I'm not aware of vaping killing anyone yet but I know a few that smoking has killed.

Respond with your questions and someone will gladly help you along.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sounds like you are describing what many call a tube mod. There are many kinds. I have a few but I mostly use box mods now. A tank that holds the liquid and the coil that heats the juice and produces the vapor screws on to the top of the tube mod. Again there are many kinds. They are called tanks, glassomizers, clearomizers, etc. The coil in the tank will wear out, get dirty, etc. so you replace them. Some coils can be cleaned and used again. Many are easily rebuilt also if you're handy with things like that.

These will work to help you quit smoking if you really want to. You're just going to have to do some research and get an idea what you want to try. I hate to recommend something to a new person really, but if I was doing so to someone just wanting to try vaping, I'd probably recommend something like an iStick 30 watt and an Aspire Nautilus mini for the tank. Simple but very effective gear for a beginner. There is a multitude of stuff other than that though. I can't really recommend any juice as I don't buy juice. I make all my juice so I don't know who sells decent juice these days.

You ask if liquids are safe. We think so. Many have been vaping for years and are healthier than when they were smoking. I'm not aware of vaping killing anyone yet but I know a few that smoking has killed.

Respond with your questions and someone will gladly help you along.

Thank you for your reply Rob.

Last night I have looked a little.. I like that Aspire tank.. but cant find the shaft..I'll look into that istick..
I'm kinda extreme when I decide to do something.. So I want to go a head and get all the stuff... kinda makes me not quit since I bought all the stuff..

How long does one coil last on average?

So, If I would of start.. I would get these things?

1.Tank
2.vaper ( electric device with battery )
3. Juice
4. some extra coils?

also, do first timers get soar throat? that is normal?

btw, I've seen some youtube vids of people vaping... but they all look high..and talk weird..does vaping get you high if you do alot?

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys..I think I will get the ijust 2 vaper device..

What do u guys think? yay? nah?

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, you'll need the things you listed to get started. The Nautilus Mini tank would be a great tank for someone just starting out, much better than what I started out with. I have several of them. You can't run them on very high wattage though or you'll get dry hits or burn the wicking. They do well about 8.5-10 watts though. You can't run them at like 20 watts, they don't wick well enough to keep up with that much power, but they do quite well around 10 watts or lower.

Coil life varies greatly and depends pretty much on how you use them, what kind of juice, etc. they usually last me a couple of months before I have to change them, but I have a lot of tanks and don't vape on the same one all the time, and I generally put one flavor of juice in them and don't change to something else over the life of that coil. Coils can fail at any time without warning though, so you have to have backups.

Assuming you end up with a Nautilus tank, if you order extra coils make sure they specify that they are for the Nautilus tank. Aspire makes a BVC coil also that will not work in the Nautilus, so make sure they state they are for the Nautilus. They come in several resistances also. I prefer the 1.6 ohm coils but the 1.8 ohm coils work well too. It's possible to get a brand new coil that's a dud too, so order several and keep several spares.

The IStick is not considered a tube mod, if you have your heart set on running a tube mod, but they are small and would be a good starter device. There are many other things if you're really wanting a tube. I have like 5 tube mods but rarely use them as I prefer box mods. The small box mods are just easier to carry around, don't fall over as much if you set them down somewhere, etc. Some devices have built in rechargeable batteries but many don't. If you get something that does not you'll have to buy batteries and a charger also. You'll need to learn a bit about battery safety as well if you're not up to speed on them. The batteries we use are powerful and can be dangerous if shorted, overheated, etc.

Another thing you'll want, since you're determined to quit smoking, is backups. You'll want more than one device. Maybe not immediately but soon. Things break, and if you get stuck with no backup device, you'll probably head to the store for some smokes right away. I always have at least 2-3 devices available, and extra coils, etc.

It sounds like when you tried an ecig before that you tried a cig-a-like, like from a gas station. There is a big difference in that and using a good tank. Way different.

Probably the hardest thing will be finding a juice you like. That can be really hard. Everyone's taste is different. What I like you might not like. If you can sample flavors somewhere first you should do that. What sounds good might be awful. And don't buy a big bottle of anything until you know you'll like it. It's easy to spend a lot on juice you won't like. I did when I first started. I bought many bottles of juice that just didn't cut it for me. I make all my own now and I vape a lot of awesome juice that I really like, but it took awhile to get there.

And No, you won't get high from vaping, unless you're vaping one of those substances. Nicotine juice won't make you high. You might get a buzz from the nicotine if you vape it enough, or get too high of a Nic level in your juice, but you won't get high so to speak.

Good luck with your journey. It can be a very good thing for you. Get some good stuff and you might quit smoking over night, but maybe not. Many people vape and smoke for awhile. You probably will too if you're used to 3 packs a day, but nothing wrong with that.

As you learn and have questions, just ask. Good luck and enjoy.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@yadi79, I didn't know a thing about the ijust2 until I just looked at it, but that would probably work fine for you. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@yadi79, I didn't know a thing about the ijust2 until I just looked at it, but that would probably work fine for you. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

Rob,

Thank you very much for the info!!

I think I will go with the Ijust2 for now.. I haven't even try to vape yet... and like you said... so many flavors... and I'm kinda picky on stuff..

The more I look into it..gets my head spinning...haha ..I just want to stop smoking.. I'm pretty dead set to quit this time...

That e-cig my friend got me was a V2.. not sure if its a good brand... but that thing made all most no smoke.. and after using it 2 days.. my throat was hurting... and yeah..I had to smoke cigs too..

I was worried about getting high from vaping....Guess I dont have to worry about that now.. I have High BP.. and anything that would get me high would send me to the hospital.. I am on BP pills.. but I remember doing some kinda herb long time ago... and I thought i was gonna die..lol

I really like the shaft look.. I don't really like those box types... if you would of recommend one shaft like.. what would it be? for a newbie..

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't really kept up on the tube mod stuff, but that ijust2 would probably be fine. It gets very good reviews from what I saw on it, so those that are using it are liking it. There is a video review of it on the vapenw.com site if you didn't see that. I didn't watch it though. The Aspire CF tube mod also gets great reviews, but I really don't know much about it either. Good luck to you though, and I hope you enjoy it and mostly that it works out for you. Keep us posted.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome and congrats on wanting to quit! The folks here are very helpful and knowledgeable about just about anything and everything. They helped me transition from a cheap pen type to deciding on a full on box mod. I know exactly how you feel about those convenience store cigalikes. It was more a dog and pony show than anything.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey just my 2 cents but id go with the ego mega before the ijust2. The ijust2 has an odd vv/vw set up that automaticly adjusts itself when the battery gets lower. So youll never have a consistent vape/hit. Also I started on the aspire cf/mini and it was never enuff for me was useing 24mg juice and barley cut it. Ps the cheepest/best juice iv found is mechsauce.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't really kept up on the tube mod stuff, but that ijust2 would probably be fine. It gets very good reviews from what I saw on it, so those that are using it are liking it. There is a video review of it on the vapenw.com site if you didn't see that. I didn't watch it though. The Aspire CF tube mod also gets great reviews, but I really don't know much about it either. Good luck to you though, and I hope you enjoy it and mostly that it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Rob,

I went to shop today.. and the guy told me the same thing.. and actually they were getting rid of the tube stuff... so I guess I'm gonna have to get a box one... they didn't have anything that I like.. but I did try his vape.. it was white box... 50w but no tank..the vape was okay.. but he told me he had to charge his every 3 hours..

Can you pick out one or two.. with good battery life...box.. tank... Looks like I'm going to have to order it online.. Any good online shops?

btw, I think I can quit smoking with vape... the cloud is kinda satisfying... makes me think I am smoking..

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome and congrats on wanting to quit! The folks here are very helpful and knowledgeable about just about anything and everything. They helped me transition from a cheap pen type to deciding on a full on box mod. I know exactly how you feel about those convenience store cigalikes. It was more a dog and pony show than anything.

Thank you and I think I'm in the right place for sure!

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey just my 2 cents but id go with the ego mega before the ijust2. The ijust2 has an odd vv/vw set up that automaticly adjusts itself when the battery gets lower. So youll never have a consistent vape/hit. Also I started on the aspire cf/mini and it was never enuff for me was useing 24mg juice and barley cut it. Ps the cheepest/best juice iv found is mechsauce.

I kinda changed my mind on the tube.. So looks like I'll get the box.. do you recommend any?

Thank you for the advice!!

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I kinda changed my mind on the tube.. So looks like I'll get the box.. do you recommend any?

Thank you for the advice!!
Ya id got with the evic vtc from efun.top there selling the kit for 38$ and thats a steal considering people paid 55$ for it two weeks ago and you wont have any need to upgrade anytime soon. Ps if you get a mod with a interchangeable battery go with samsung 25r (green) or my fav the lg hg2.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya id got with the evic vtc from efun.top there selling the kit for 38$ and thats a steal considering people paid 55$ for it two weeks ago and you wont have any need to upgrade anytime soon. Ps if you get a mod with a interchangeable battery go with samsung 25r (green) or my fav the lg hg2.

I actually try this today.. The guy told me with battery..aspire tank...$100. but I didn't like this design.. and battery life..

But vape was awesome .. good amount of cloud.. he told me he was running it at 40w...

Any others you recommend?

I like the design of Istick 60w TC temperature control by Eleaf... and Aspire odyssey kit with temp control.. are these any good?

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually try this today.. The guy told me with battery..aspire tank...$100. but I didn't like this design.. and battery life..

But vape was awesome .. good amount of cloud.. he told me he was running it at 40w...

Any others you recommend?

I like the design of Istick 60w TC temperature control by Eleaf... and Aspire odyssey kit with temp control.. are these any good?
Well if you didnt like the battery life the thing that effects that the most is the battery. Lol Do you know what kind of battery was in the evic? Im not a big fan of aspire really my first mod was one i think there the iphone of mods (cost to much for the same product) the triton tank is alright just eats juice and the rba deck is way to small for me. Im happy with my subtank mini v2 if I was to upgrade itd be the ud zephyrus. Also I havent seen the 60 istick avil yet only preorder so thats anyones guess really but ill never preorder anything let someone else be the test dumbie. Also like you said at your local shop they tried to sell you something you can buy online for about $40 keep that in mind to.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The battery was green... nothing on it.. I really dig the style of the istick 60.. also, the esige eiffel T1..

btw, thank you for the late night advice.. Im get back tomorrow.

Vaperight atlanta of Cheshire bridge rd is a great shop, vapewares in buford next to the mall of ga, raging vapes in Grayson and loganville. Those are my favorite places around Atlanta. Go talk to them and see what they have in stock. Vaperight should be able to get you what you need though. Hope everything works out and good luck.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaperight atlanta of Cheshire bridge rd is a great shop, vapewares in buford next to the mall of ga, raging vapes in Grayson and loganville. Those are my favorite places around Atlanta. Go talk to them and see what they have in stock. Vaperight should be able to get you what you need though. Hope everything works out and good luck.

Hi brads12090,

Thanks!

I'll check them out..Hope they have a good collection..

There are a lot of places in Atlanta. Just shop around until you find exactly what youre looking for. You'll get a better price online, but if you have any issues you're out of luck. If you go to a shop they will go over everything for you. Just my personal opinion for someone starting off

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah..I already picked out some models I like online.. prices are very good.. but I don't want to wait..lol so I might call these places and see if they have the models I like..

Just going thru my second pack of cigs today.. I might just go out and check them out..

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you pick something up at the stores @yadi79?

If not, I know you're looking at several things. I think the iStick 60 is still on pre-order and not available yet. If you're still looking, include the iStick 40 TC, the Kanger Subox Mini kit and the IPV D2 in what you're looking at. There are so many tanks out there it's crazy anymore. I use the Kanger Subtank Mini a lot and like them a lot. Some complain of leaks with them but mine never have, just make sure the coil is in tight.

Some of those you will need batteries and a charger for. If you order batteries make sure that you get 18650 flat top batteries, not button tops. I'd suggest LG HE2 or HE4 or Samsung 25R for your batteries, can't go wrong with them.

Let us know what you decide to go with.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU. getting off those stinkies is the best choice you will make for your health.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the motivation guys!

@Rob I ordered some stuff online...

1. Eleaf istick 60w
2. Eleaf Ijust 2 starter kit. ( I had to get something for my wife... and kinda wanted to try it out..since it was cheap..)
3. samsung icr 18650-30b 3.7V 3000mAh battery.
4. herakles sense sub-OHM bvc tank. (this is for the istick 60w)

What do you guys think?

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Those mods should get you going. I don't really know anything about the Herakles tank, maybe someone using them can give you some feedback on it.

I don't know much about that 30B battery either, but it's an ICR and it appears to be 4.35V instead of the 4.2 we usually use. I don't know what charger you're using but it may not charge a 4.35V to capacity. And it appears to be a 6 amp battery, so be careful with it if you use it at 60W on your iStick.

Enjoy your new stuff.

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those mods should get you going. I don't really know anything about the Herakles tank, maybe someone using them can give you some feedback on it.

I don't know much about that 30B battery either, but it's an ICR and it appears to be 4.35V instead of the 4.2 we usually use. I don't know what charger you're using but it may not charge a 4.35V to capacity. And it appears to be a 6 amp battery, so be careful with it if you use it at 60W on your iStick.

Enjoy your new stuff.

Ah crap... I thought the 18650 was all the same battery..just different quality.. the Eleaf is chargeable from the device.. So I didn't buy any charger..and the battery said it was chargeable battery..

and the tank...I just picked it to match my 60w black..lol

I couldn't wait to ask.. so I ordered it.. guess I'm going thru the newbie process..haha

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, the 18650 designates the size of the battery, but there are lots of different kinds of 18650. That battery should work to get you started but I don't know if I'd use it at very high wattage if it indeed is only a 6 amp battery. Ideally you should get some Samsung 25Rs or LG HE4s or something in their capacity range. You can pick up a pair of either of them for like $9.00 at ecig.com or many other places.

Let us know how things work out for you. I hope it's a great experience for you and the wife. My wife doesn't vape and never smoked, but I vape around her all the time and she doesn't care at all. Good luck on your adventure to getting off the smokes. You can do it, many of us have easily.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i started I started with e-cigs/ cheap generic ego's those never satisfied/helped me when I was trying to quit smoking. I had a friend of mine opened a Vape lounge in April so i've been able to try what a good vape is like, it changed everything! I got to get my "real" first set up recently I got a Cool Fire IV with iClear 30, very simple, easy to understand and use. I went from 2 packs of cigs a day, to five in just day days. I would go to a local shop try some things out, or if you have friends that vape try out the things they have see if you like it. Get your self a good/simple beginner set-up it might change your life!

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i started I started with e-cigs/ cheap generic ego's those never satisfied/helped me when I was trying to quit smoking. I had a friend of mine opened a Vape lounge in April so i've been able to try what a good vape is like, it changed everything! I got to get my "real" first set up recently I got a Cool Fire IV with iClear 30, very simple, easy to understand and use. I went from 2 packs of cigs a day, to five in just day days. I would go to a local shop try some things out, or if you have friends that vape try out the things they have see if you like it. Get your self a good/simple beginner set-up it might change your life!

Im dead set on it now.. I just need to get my stuff..lol

My friends tell me that they all quit.. but when they drink.. they go for a cig... They said they just need the real thing when drinking...

Have you had any problems like that?

yadi79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a great start.
Now go to a vape shop and test some juices Find a couple you like and buy small bottles of 12mg strength.
You wanna taper down to 6mg over a couple months.

Getting my stuff tomorrow.. so Im headed to my friends shop to try some stuff out..

Finally, gonna quit!

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm glad my local shop doesn't do sampling. They'd never sell anything

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im dead set on it now.. I just need to get my stuff..lol

My friends tell me that they all quit.. but when they drink.. they go for a cig... They said they just need the real thing when drinking...

Have you had any problems like that?

I personally prefer vaping when i'm drinking (chain vaping so much cheaper then chain smoking). haha. I do have a few friends who 'quit' or cut back have problems with smoking cigs again after they smoke/drink.

Last edited:

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally prefer vaping when i'm drinking (chain vaping so much cheaper then chain smoking). haha. I do have a few friends who 'quit' or cut back have problems with smoking cigs again after the smoke/drink.
Hook them onto motley brew's old fashioned r&r. I swear it's like taking a half a solo cup of Yukon Jack whiskey. Perfect for drinking times.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haah! This is perfect. Thanks very much :D
No problem. It was the first thing I dripped tonight and omg I forgot to turn the watts back down and choked myself. 43 watts was WAY too high.

VU Sponsors