Become a Patron!

Hi Y'all :)

Archeria

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Hi Y'all :)

I am Archeria, nice to meet y'all :) I am an American living overseas in New Zealand. After 27 years of smoking cigs I finally said I'd had enough. They are $28.50 a pack down here (INSANITY I KNOW!!) and I swore long ago when they hit $5.00 that I was going to quit... little late but better late than never I always say :) The day I put my cigs down I picked up vaping and it has been been the best choice ever in my life.

I'm incredibly fortunate to have found VU. It has helped me out so much since I've joined and has answered so many questions for me that have been lurking in my head. Most of my co-workers vape so they were the ones that introduced me to vaping rather than smoking.

I also am a survivor of 3 chronic pain conditions (The reason of why I was smoking to begin with). It brings me out of the ceiling for pain. Vaping has given me more relief than smoking cigs does so thats a huge plus in the right direction for me. If I was sitting at a 10 for pain and I had a cig it would put me at a 7. Now if I vape for 10 minutes it puts me at a 4-5 for pain level. Its life changing for me.

Anyway thats just a little bit about me. Thank you for having me on your wonderful forum :) I love it here!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the forum @Archeria
Glad you joined, introduced yourself, and quit smoking:bliss:
I hope you have a blast while you're here.

Archeria

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
:stars2: You guys are awesome! -- there is no doubt about that :) You guys really made my month thank you!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Inspiring story Archeria thanks for sharing ...welcome aboard :cheers:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Archeria and welcome to V/U lots of good helpful folks here, enjoy the forum

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi there Archeria! I am amazed at your observation about vaping and reduction of pain. Most people think of nicotine as a bad thing, but like caffeine, it has its benefits, no doubt. When I quit smoking altogether (hadn't started vaping yet), I found I couldn't concentrate well enough to do my job. I ended up going to the doctor and being put on Adderall for Adult ADD. A couple of years passed, I picked the cigs back up briefly, then switched to vaping. At that point I was able to ditch the Adderall. So, I had a physiological benefit from vaping as well, just different than yours. Because of that, I buy juice that has no less than 12mg - mostly I use 18mg. But wow, isn't that amazing!

Lovely to meet you. I'm new, just joined today, and wanted to join in welcoming you here.

Jane

Archeria

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Hi there Archeria! I am amazed at your observation about vaping and reduction of pain. Most people think of nicotine as a bad thing, but like caffeine, it has its benefits, no doubt. When I quit smoking altogether (hadn't started vaping yet), I found I couldn't concentrate well enough to do my job. I ended up going to the doctor and being put on Adderall for Adult ADD. A couple of years passed, I picked the cigs back up briefly, then switched to vaping. At that point I was able to ditch the Adderall. So, I had a physiological benefit from vaping as well, just different than yours. Because of that, I buy juice that has no less than 12mg - mostly I use 18mg. But wow, isn't that amazing!

Lovely to meet you. I'm new, just joined today, and wanted to join in welcoming you here.

Jane

Glad to meet you Jane! :wave:

Welcome to VU! Glad to have you here :) -- when you "Listen to your body" for 20+ years you tend to pick up a thing or two haha -- I knew how I felt when I quit... I knew how to monitor my pain levels on a daily basis and when you have more bad days than good, you know something must change and quick fast way.

When life won't adapt to you, you find ways to adapt yourself to it or you die trying. Let me tell you lol. When I was living in the US 4 years ago (with no health insurance -- thats a whole nother problem & story) I was walking only 200 steps a day... No I'm not joking.... Fast forward 4 years to now, I'm still using my walker but I walk 5000 steps a day, have fantastic medical coverage and I vape rather than smoke and I am SO much healthier than I was then.

You have to find what works for you and what doesn't and get rid of what doesn't work and focus on what DOES work and keep the positivity in your life flowing :)

A prime example for me is i'm addicted to rainbows... let me explain. Most people who have been down my path or something similar have been on antidepressants of 1 form or another. I collect rainbows as my form of "antidepressant medication" so it could be a picture of a rainbow I haven't had in my collection, I could be a rainbow tank, it could be a rainbow box, it could be a rainbow shirt, a rainbow logo etc -- you name it -- the sky's the limit, if its rainbow I love it. It makes me happy inside. So whenever I get sad, or frustrated with my life I just look to my rainbows and I'm happy again.

You have to find what makes you that happy :) Thats what gets me through the really tough days. Trust me there are far too many to list in a chronic pain survivors life. It's another way I deal with pain. Focus on the positivity, always <3:bliss:

Welcome again to VU! You will love it here as I have come to find these people and forums my go to place for everything Vaping. My 2nd Home they have been come to be affectionately known in my house hold.:vino:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Archeria, I'm very nearly where you were when you lived in the US. I might make 300 or so steps a day. I have insurance, but between the premiums, the deductible, and the co-insurance, who can afford to go to the doctor?

I understand what you're saying about rainbows. My "thing" is seals. Think I might have been one, at least once. :D Went to San Diego's Sea World years ago and saw the first live harbor seals I'd ever laid eyes on, and the sight of them made me cry. After that I found Children's Cove in La Jolla, where at that time you could sit right out on the beach with the colony that lives there, so I did, and it was something I will never forget. Probably sounds silly, but if it does, then I guess I'm just silly.

Thanks for your kind response to my post.

Jane

Archeria

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Archeria, I'm very nearly where you were when you lived in the US. I might make 300 or so steps a day. I have insurance, but between the premiums, the deductible, and the co-insurance, who can afford to go to the doctor?

I understand what you're saying about rainbows. My "thing" is seals. Think I might have been one, at least once. :D Went to San Diego's Sea World years ago and saw the first live harbor seals I'd ever laid eyes on, and the sight of them made me cry. After that I found Children's Cove in La Jolla, where at that time you could sit right out on the beach with the colony that lives there, so I did, and it was something I will never forget. Probably sounds silly, but if it does, then I guess I'm just silly.

Thanks for your kind response to my post.

Jane

It does not sound silly at all :) -- I get it completely :) I'm proud to say "Me too!" I'm glad to have you here Jane -- if I can help you in anyway just hollar -- my messages are always open :) <3

Elena_La_Loca

Member For 1 Year
<--- another chronic pain sufferer...

I have only been walking for just under 2 years. I now can walk independently, but my walk is really gimpy, even have to get my shoes customized so my left sole is 2.5 inches taller than my right. I have a ton of metal in my femur, and was an invalid/wheelchair-bound for over 4 years.
6 surgeries finally got me to the point of being able to walk, but I have to really watch how much I walk or how long I stand, or I really suffer especially the next couple days.
I never really thought that smoking may have helped my pain, but now that I think about it, I have always smoked more in the morning (when pain was at it's peak) and now I wonder if there's some type of collation there... (things that make you go hmmmmm)
I am waiting to get a whole set of new coils because right now my Vape is out of commission and I am using cigs ATM... (sob),
but I am wondering now if that also can be a bit of the case.... Very interesting

Archeria

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
<--- another chronic pain sufferer...

I have only been walking for just under 2 years. I now can walk independently, but my walk is really gimpy, even have to get my shoes customized so my left sole is 2.5 inches taller than my right. I have a ton of metal in my femur, and was an invalid/wheelchair-bound for over 4 years.
6 surgeries finally got me to the point of being able to walk, but I have to really watch how much I walk or how long I stand, or I really suffer especially the next couple days.
I never really thought that smoking may have helped my pain, but now that I think about it, I have always smoked more in the morning (when pain was at it's peak) and now I wonder if there's some type of collation there... (things that make you go hmmmmm)
I am waiting to get a whole set of new coils because right now my Vape is out of commission and I am using cigs ATM... (sob),
but I am wondering now if that also can be a bit of the case.... Very interesting

Absolutely there is! I find my pain is worse with heat and in the evening after a long day or high stress situations. One of my chronic pain conditions is stress based; so the more stressed I get the sicker I become. It maybe the same for you or different. Everyone has to find how to make their life work for themselves.

Moving to vaping was my "Eureka! Eureka!" Moment of my life I swear. Some days are better than others but as long as you don't move backwards you are doing perfect for YOU!!

Don't let anyone tell you how you should run your life. You run it how you see fit. That's how you get from where you are to happy if you aren't already there :)

:bliss:

VU Sponsors