ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
2% FA Brandy
2% FA Custard
2% FA Orange Royal (or plain FA Orange)
1.5% FA Bergamot
0.5% FA Fresh Cream

Brandy is very boozy at first and mellows quickly. You can heat steep it to speed up the process, if you prefer it mellow. I like it best fresh!

Last edited:

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC, you're making my flavor vendors happy......now I am buying bergamot, something i doubted I would lol

Recipes sounds great, would be neat to work up a Grand Marnier on ice cream sort of thing too, damn and i just got that coffee in too. Thanks for the recipe!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, you're making my flavor vendors happy......now I am buying bergamot, something i doubted I would lol

Recipes sounds great, would be neat to work up a Grand Marnier on ice cream sort of thing too, damn and i just got that coffee in too. Thanks for the recipe!

On ice cream is easy; a combo of Vienna and Fresh Cream makes great vanilla ice cream. Just use 1.5% Vienna Cream instead of Custard.

If you want a French vanilla type ice cream, use 1% Vienna, 1% Custard, no Fresh Cream.

For a cool effect, you could add 0.25% FW Extreme Ice for a cool inhale feeling in your mouth without menthol flavor, (0.5% if menthol doesn't disgust you) - or 0.5% Koolada for a cool exhale.

ps - my Bergamot had been sitting unused for a long time. I don't like Earl Grey tea a lot and didn't know what else to do with it until now. I'm gonna need a bigger bottle; I love Grand Marnier!

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not ordered the custard yet, but I am sure I will. I would like to see how the extreme ice is, cold on the inhale sounds interesting. Koolada for sure gives a cold exhale like you said...like an after effect, not really like Menthol though. I do not like the taste of menthol all that much, but maybe a tiny bit would hide enough in the background, but will try out the extreme ice first.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this yesterday and popped into the crockpot - I totally forgot about it, and it was there for hours! In any event, today it is AWESOME :) Another winner, HIC!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made this yesterday and popped into the crockpot - I totally forgot about it, and it was there for hours! In any event, today it is AWESOME :) Another winner, HIC!

Glad you like it - it's a favorite of mine (so is the real stuff).

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think this would be really good...but, I dont have bergamot. Can the old dad use mandarin as a sub?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I think this would be really good...but, I dont have bergamot. Can the old dad use mandarin as a sub?

Bergamot is the part that creates Grand Marnier flavor. If you used only Orange and/or Mandarin, it would be like an inferior triple-sec flavor. It really needs that Bergamot to taste premium.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC, I have been mixing for over a year, have developed over 400 multi concentrate flavors, and have about a hundred to 150 that sell in my friends shop. Background out of the way, I have a flavor I am trying to develop and it is kicking my butt. Pumpkin Spice Coffee - like you get at Starbucks and 7 - 11 this time of the year. I have mixed it straight (coffee, pumpkin spice, EM, sweet cream), with my own Cream Base and with my Cake Base, with the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg (Holiday Spice), with different pumpkin spice concentrates by different manufacturers, with Apple Pie concentrate both as an additive and as a base and with profiles from very low to very high (48%). Next I am going to try Tiramisu concentrate and my Bread Pudding recipe plus pumpkin spice. Unless you have some ideas I can try. Thanks

Eric

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Pumpkin Spice Coffee - like you get at Starbucks and 7 - 11 this time of the year. I have mixed it straight (coffee, pumpkin spice, EM, sweet cream), with my own Cream Base and with my Cake Base, with the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg (Holiday Spice), with different pumpkin spice concentrates by different manufacturers, with Apple Pie concentrate both as an additive and as a base and with profiles from very low to very high (48%). Next I am going to try Tiramisu concentrate and my Bread Pudding recipe plus pumpkin spice. Unless you have some ideas I can try. Thanks

Pumpkin spice keeps coming up - fall must be approaching. I haven't done anything pumpkin-ish that truly pleases me. I'll have to wander through a corn maze and carve some jack-o-lanterns to get back in the pumpkin mood, given the horrific results I've had in the past. But I'll tell you what I've figured out so far.

Pumpkin Spice flavors usually don't include any pumpkin flavor - just the spices. Make your own; it will be better. FlavourArt's Cinnamon Ceylon is second to none. I use their Clove, too - never tried any others, so can't say how it compares. The best nutmeg-ish flavor I've tried is TFA's Holiday Spice, which also includes a little bit of other compatible spice flavors. Can't make a proper pumpkin pie without ginger; you just need a tiny bit. Nature's Flavors and Flavor West both make ginger; I think NF's is superb, but FW's will do fine as such a minor ingredient. Look at the recipe for your favorite real pie for the ratios of spices that will appeal best to you.

TFA's Pumpkin tastes like a can of plain, unsweetened, uncooked, unspiced pumpkin. It takes surprisingly little to make pumpkin pie. It's a very raw, fresh flavor that needs many additions. Of course, some so-called 'pumpkin spice' actual food/beverage includes no pumpkin at all, so you might not use any. I think it needs it. Brown sugar and/or molasses ought to be included. (TFA Molasses and Pumpkin have diacetyl subs, but there are no alternatives if you want those flavors.)

Actual pumpkin pie is based on creamy, rich, sweet custard. FA Custard is an ideal beginning. It has some high notes to balance the low notes of TFA Pumpkin, and a little caramel-top flavor that would go great on a pie.

With a proper pumpkin pie filling flavor, I'll consider crust last. That's the easy part. It'd be easy to add a perfected pumpkin pie flavor to a good latte (based on FA Espresso) for a knockout dessert coffee, but I have a lot of work to do before that.

I can't imagine a pumpkin-spiced Tiramisu... Bread pudding sounds awesome - what do you put in that?

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
9%HIC, I will build my pumpkin pie spice from the ground up and leave the PS concentrate out. I had added the Cinnamon, Nutmeg, clove or ethanol, and a drop or two of pie crust. I will do this again with the addition of ginger and brown sugar or molasses (probably molasses), then add the coffee. God only knows which coffee I'll use. TW's Columbia Coffee is about the weakest per drop, so it will more than likely be that or the Caramel Cappuccino.

upload_2014-8-23_16-36-4.png

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 9%
Vanilla Custard 9%
Sweet Cream 6%
Cinnamon (Spice) 4%
EM or Sweetener 6%
10% Acetyl Phrazine 3%
MTS - 2 drops per 6ml

The bread Pudding recipe says MTS 2%, THAT IS INCORRECT. It should be 2 drops per 6ml or in this case 3 drops nof MTS. Let this steep about 4 days. It gets better the longer it steeps. If you Shake and Vape, put it a hot water bath before you vape it. this recipe contains no nicotine. If you use nicotine, increase each concentrate by 1 to 2%. Let me know how you like it.

Here is another I think you will really like.

Eucalyptus Holiday

Absinthe (MTB) 12%
Huckleberry (WL) 10%
Eucalyptus/Menthol (TPA) 3%
Cherry (WL) 2%

Steep = 48 hrs

This is fantastic. You don't get the hugh eucalyptus or menthol hit you might expect. Just a cool, mellow vape. Again, I don't use nic and it is in a 70/30 PG/VG base.

Eric

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Eucalyptus Holiday

Absinthe (MTB) 12%
Huckleberry (WL) 10%
Eucalyptus/Menthol (TPA) 3%
Cherry (WL) 2%

Oh yeah! - this is a flavor combo I'd like. Thanks for the recipes, Eric!

After your first post I added a tiny bit of TFA Pumpkin to a smooth custard mix, and I quickly remembered my frustrations trying to mix with it before. I can understand why so many "pumpkin spice" liquids leave out the pumpkin entirely. I hope you get yours the way you want it!

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah! - this is a flavor combo I'd like. Thanks for the recipes, Eric!

After your first post I added a tiny bit of TFA Pumpkin to a smooth custard mix, and I quickly remembered my frustrations trying to mix with it before. I can understand why so many "pumpkin spice" liquids leave out the pumpkin entirely. I hope you get yours the way you want it!

HIC, I think you are going to really like both of those.

Am I ever glad you said that. I have been very ill and was afraid I had lost the ability to do this. I ended up making a Spice Base. how I can use my favorite calculator. It only allows 7 ingredients and with all the constituents I had 9.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On ice cream is easy; a combo of Vienna and Fresh Cream makes great vanilla ice cream. Just use 1.5% Vienna Cream instead of Custard.

If you want a French vanilla type ice cream, use 1% Vienna, 1% Custard, no Fresh Cream.

For a cool effect, you could add 0.25% FW Extreme Ice for a cool inhale feeling in your mouth without menthol flavor, (0.5% if menthol doesn't disgust you) - or 0.5% Koolada for a cool exhale.

ps - my Bergamot had been sitting unused for a long time. I don't like Earl Grey tea a lot and didn't know what else to do with it until now. I'm gonna need a bigger bottle; I love Grand Marnier!

HIC: I didn't have Bergamot and I Like Grand Marnier and really wanted to make a batch. So, made my own Bergamot Concentrate: Orange 30% Lime 9% Super Sour 20% Grapefruit 11%. The other 30% was PG. It worked out perfectly and made a wonderful mix. However, Please tell me the key to deciphering you guys recipes. This is not my first rodeo, I have been mixing a while and I can help but notice, when I use your percentages, guys I may as well vape straight PG. I use the same concentrate as you do and have to mix much heaver than you do. So, I figure you must be applying a secret formula or a Captain Video decoder ring to get the real percentages. Now, my mix came out really good, thank you. But my recipe was orange 10% Brandy 4% Bergamot 3% Custard 3% and Whipped Cream (Fresh Cream) 1%. Please can have a ring? I love great DIY juice. LOL

Eric

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Please tell me the key to deciphering you guys recipes. This is not my first rodeo, I have been mixing a while and I can help but notice, when I use your percentages, guys I may as well vape straight PG. I use the same concentrate as you do and have to mix much heaver than you do. So, I figure you must be applying a secret formula or a Captain Video decoder ring to get the real percentages. Now, my mix came out really good, thank you. But my recipe was orange 10% Brandy 4% Bergamot 3% Custard 3% and Whipped Cream (Fresh Cream) 1%. Please can have a ring? I love great DIY juice. LOL

Eric

LOL, Eric! There is no secret decoder ring. If I vaped a recipe with 20+% FA flavoring, I'm not sure if I'd puke or pass out first. I couldn't handle it.

Some people double my percents, but if you're tripling or more, you might be record-holder for highest percents with FA. The important part of recipes is the flavorings and ratios - the total percent is whatever works for you. You might like making flavoring bottles, like this explains: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/ I'll bet you already do something similar.

If you have a chance to pick up FA Bergamot ($1.69 at purevapes.com) it's worth it for this one recipe. It has that slight bitter-floral note that perfectly matches Grand Marnier. You can mix this recipe with other flavors, just like real Grand Marnier cocktails. Or add FA Cherry to make GM's special-release cherry flavor. There's also a raspberry-peach that I haven't tried (liquid or vape) yet, but I plan to.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, Eric! There is no secret decoder ring. If I vaped a recipe with 20+% FA flavoring, I'm not sure if I'd puke or pass out first. I couldn't handle it.

Some people double my percents, but if you're tripling or more, you might be record-holder for highest percents with FA. The important part of recipes is the flavorings and ratios - the total percent is whatever works for you. You might like making flavoring bottles, like this explains: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/ I'll bet you already do something similar.

If you have a chance to pick up FA Bergamot ($1.69 at purevapes.com) it's worth it for this one recipe. It has that slight bitter-floral note that perfectly matches Grand Marnier. You can mix this recipe with other flavors, just like real Grand Marnier cocktails. Or add FA Cherry to make GM's special-release cherry flavor. There's also a raspberry-peach that I haven't tried (liquid or vape) yet, but I plan to.

HIC: I did order the Bergamot, but want to make this so bad I didn't want to wait for delivery. I found a really good description of the Bergamot Orange flavor profile and matched it the best I could.

You are right about it not being about the percentages, it is about the ratios. And I use FA as well as other flavors and It's what you get use to and can get. I love the FlavorArt flavors I have and like using them with other leading labels concentrates to achieve different subtleties in the flavor. I also love having these kinds of exchanges with other DIYers that enjoy mixing as much as I do. This to is fun.

Eric

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC, I have been mixing for over a year, have developed over 400 multi concentrate flavors, and have about a hundred to 150 that sell in my friends shop. Background out of the way, I have a flavor I am trying to develop and it is kicking my butt. Pumpkin Spice Coffee - like you get at Starbucks and 7 - 11 this time of the year. I have mixed it straight (coffee, pumpkin spice, EM, sweet cream), with my own Cream Base and with my Cake Base, with the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg (Holiday Spice), with different pumpkin spice concentrates by different manufacturers, with Apple Pie concentrate both as an additive and as a base and with profiles from very low to very high (48%). Next I am going to try Tiramisu concentrate and my Bread Pudding recipe plus pumpkin spice. Unless you have some ideas I can try. Thanks

Eric

bread pudding recipe?? care to share :( pretty please

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
bread pudding recipe?? care to share :( pretty please

Cherrycakes: I would be delighted to pass on my recipe. There are a few in this area that absolutely love it. Hope you like it too.

All concentrates are TFA except the MTS. That is FA.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 9%
Vanilla Custard 9%
Sweet Cream 6%
Cinnamon (spice) 4%
10% Acetyl Pyrazine 3%
Sweetener 6%

MTS 2drops/6ml

Steep 3 to 5 days for best flavor.

Now your are going to be forced to mix a MILK juice to go along with the Bread Pudding.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cakes: While you are waiting for the bread pudding, you might like a cool beverage. So, I mixed this up last night and found it to be delightful. I call it Wine Koola:
White Wine (FA) 11%
Cola Syrup (TFA) 8%
Koolada (TFA) 1%
Shake and Vape

Hope you like it.

Eric

HIC, what if you wanted to add the Grand Marnier to the "liquor cabinet" to mix later with other recipes would you still have to keep the custard? or is the brandy, orange and bergamot the essential part of the ligueur?
Thanks for the help!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, what if you wanted to add the Grand Marnier to the "liquor cabinet" to mix later with other recipes would you still have to keep the custard? or is the brandy, orange and bergamot the essential part of the ligueur?
Thanks for the help!

For the liquor cabinet, I would use equal parts of Brandy, Orange, Beramot, and Custard. I'd suggest 1.5% each. That is a straight Grand Marnier type flavor. That's the formula I use for mixed drinks type vapes, and as the base for Grand Marnier's special flavors. mmmmmmm, one of my favorite liqueurs!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I finally mixed this one up, got in a couple vapes and my son n law confiscated it along with the rest of my prickly pear margarita. Please make more he says. He's been vaping that cuttwood unicorn milk. I had a bottle of the prickly pear margarita out that I made last month, he took a vape and said it was his new favorite. Mixing myself some more mousse and hiding it!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I updated this recipe to use FlavourArt's new Royal Orange. It's really superior to Orange in this recipe because it's so much sweeter - a really nice contrast to the bitter notes in Bergamot & booziness of Brandy.

VU Sponsors