Become a Patron!

HIC's ITALIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES (Anisette)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Italian Christmas Cookies recipe: traditional Italian anisette cookies with lemon-sugar glaze. Anisette cookies are sweet, bright, cake-like (not browned) anise flavored cookies.

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Anise
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily
0.5% FA Meringue (EDIT 12/2015 - use TFA Meringue instead of FA, if possible)

Lemon Sicily and Meringue make the lemon-sugar-glaze flavor. If you want unglazed cookies, leave out both, and increase the remaining ingredients. Or if you want a different flavor glaze, leave out Lemon Sicily, and substitute 0.5% FA Almond, or 0.5% Vanilla Classic, or an additional 0.5% Anise, or 0.5% Orange.

Last edited:

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was gonna work on something like this over the weekend. Should have known you would bang it out in a day.! Yet another to add to the HIC section in my notebook.Tyvm as always. PS I have LA licorice. Good enuff do you think instead of the anise?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I was gonna work on something like this over the weekend. Should have known you would bang it out in a day.! Yet another to add to the HIC section in my notebook.Tyvm as always. PS I have LA licorice. Good enuff do you think instead of the anise?

Oh, not banged out in a day! It's one of the Christmas cookie recipes I've been saving for that season, but it seemed like a good time to post it.

Licorice and Anise are NOT the same. Licorice is a deep, molasses-y, earthy flavor. Anise is crisp, light, sweeter, and bright. Licorice cookies sound tasty, but quite different than anisette.

The perfect substitute for FA Anise is TFA Absinthe, same percent. Both flavorings use star anise oil, but perhaps in different carrier (TFA uses alcohol; I believe FA uses PG).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I remember having these at grandma's house! Sooo good. I will have fond memories with every vape. Thanks, HIC!

Oh, please let me know if it reminds you of grandma when you vape it!

This recipe was made as part of a pair. Here's the other one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-swedish-christmas-cookies-cardamom.29064/
The real cookie recipes are very similar, but for the vape version Vienna Cream complements Anise, while Custard adds needed vanilla and citrus for the Swedish version. I like both; in fact, they're fun to combine in one tank.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thx for the correction HIC. Was hoping to avoid another shopping trip to bull city and having to get an extension on my CC but Ill just have to tell 1stincommand that no 400 little bottles is most assuredly not enough!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Italian Christmas Cookies recipe: traditional Italian anisette cookies with lemon-sugar glaze. Anisette cookies are sweet, bright, cake-like (not browned) anise flavored cookies.

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Anise
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily
0.5% FA Meringue

Lemon Sicily and Meringue make the lemon-sugar-glaze flavor. If you want unglazed cookies, leave out both, and increase the remaining ingredients. Or if you want a different flavor glaze, leave out Lemon Sicily, and substitute 0.5% FA Almond, or 0.5% Vanilla Classic, or an additional 0.5% Anise, or 0.5% Orange.
O yippy! I purchased all these flavors! Yea me! I am so excited and I just can't hide it! I am so corny and don't even care!

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is the best thing I have ever vaped. Tastes almost exactly like the cookies my grandmother baked. Hers were just a touch sweeter I think. She made limoncello every few years just for the glaze. Thanks HiC!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This is the best thing I have ever vaped. Tastes almost exactly like the cookies my grandmother baked. Hers were just a touch sweeter I think. She made limoncello every few years just for the glaze. Thanks HiC!

thanks very much, venemous! Anise and Meringue are the flavors doing the sweetening here. You might increase Meringue just a little at a time to get your grandmother's flavor. Or you could use a little more VG in your base, if that's possible. It's always such a blast to get it exactly how you want it.

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seriously, since I made this last night I've vaped almost 10ml of the 30 I mixed... I think I'm going to mix 100ml this weekend. I don't think I will sweeten it, I'm really enjoying it as is. Don't like things as sweet as I did as a kid! Need to get some almond. Want to try that in the glaze and now I'm motivated to try to recreate another cookie that grandma made. Was very similar to this.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Seriously, since I made this last night I've vaped almost 10ml of the 30 I mixed... I think I'm going to mix 100ml this weekend. I don't think I will sweeten it, I'm really enjoying it as is. Don't like things as sweet as I did as a kid! Need to get some almond. Want to try that in the glaze and now I'm motivated to try to recreate another cookie that grandma made. Was very similar to this.

That Bocche recipe would use FA Marzipan (maybe a little Almond, too). Mmmarzipan is one of FA's very best flavors.

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The marzipan is reeeealy good. It's a flavor I'm definitely getting a big bottle of, I can see it in nearly anything with a bakery profile.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just mixed up a batch of this over the weekend. Let me first say I'm generally not a huge fan of anise, but this is absolutely delicious. The anise simply provides top notes for what is a perfect cookie vape. This shall be in my rotation forever!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just mixed up a batch of this over the weekend. Let me first say I'm generally not a huge fan of anise, but this is absolutely delicious. The anise simply provides top notes for what is a perfect cookie vape. This shall be in my rotation forever!
I'm mixing it up now. Us Gabriel/Genesis fans have good taste. ;)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just vaping this and all I can say is WOW! I can see Anise and I are going to be very good buddies. HIC, how do you feel about adding FA Almond? I have yet to try it and have 30mls I just got burning a hole in my thoughts.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm just vaping this and all I can say is WOW! I can see Anise and I are going to be very good buddies. HIC, how do you feel about adding FA Almond? I have yet to try it and have 30mls I just got burning a hole in my thoughts.

Read the last paragraph of the recipe again. ;)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made another 30ml of this last week and over poured lemon by .25% and it's soooo frigging mind blowing delicious. You could easily sell this on Mama J's as a flavoring. (just leave the recipe up here for all to enjoy)

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy F an Anginette (that's what they're called, I make them :D ) flavor...

HIC, any particular reason to use the TFA Meringue instead of FA's?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, not banged out in a day! It's one of the Christmas cookie recipes I've been saving for that season, but it seemed like a good time to post it.

Licorice and Anise are NOT the same. Licorice is a deep, molasses-y, earthy flavor. Anise is crisp, light, sweeter, and bright. Licorice cookies sound tasty, but quite different than anisette.

The perfect substitute for FA Anise is TFA Absinthe, same percent. Both flavorings use star anise oil, but perhaps in different carrier (TFA uses alcohol; I believe FA uses PG).
are the volatole oils of spices like anise safe to vape? I love anise, but I've noticed the FA anise is not clear but milky looking in it's bottle

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Holy F an Anginette (that's what they're called, I make them :D ) flavor...

HIC, any particular reason to use the TFA Meringue instead of FA's?

TFA didn't have that flavor when I first posted the recipe. Then FA's Meringue began to taste more like browned meringue topping than light sugary meringues. As of now, the way to get closest to the original flavor of this recipe is with TFA Meringue.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man o man. I made this in hope of some back up for my Amaretto Disordano. Who's backing up who?
This is the first time I've used aniseed. I'm not generally a aniseed/liquorice flavour fan, but boy does this aniseed integrate well with the lemon and cookie.

Hat's off to you again HIC. You never fail to amaze me!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not generally a aniseed/liquorice flavour fan

Me either and for that reason, I avoided trying this recipe for quite some time but I finally relented and I'm quite happy I did so. As you mentioned, the anise really worked well in this combination, enough so that I even started using it in other recipes where I thought it complemented the overall profile. That's saying something for someone who is as stubborn as I usually am! :D

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea it was a pleasant surprise. Definitely gonna start playing with this aniseed

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Anise
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily
0.5% FA Meringue (EDIT 12/2015 - use TFA Meringue instead of FA, if possible)

I wound up here from a link you posted and this cookie tAkes me back to my childhood! Do you have a recipe for pignoli cookies? LoL

VU Sponsors