Become a Patron!

HIC's Mom's Gingersnaps

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HEY< HEY< HEY
It's about time, what took so long .. underground has been up and running for 4 days now !! ;)
Glad to see you show up, and I bet everyone else will be too, when they try your recipes.
Since I got here a couple days ago, I get to say WELCOME

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I missed this one too and I love ginger snaps. No TFA molasses though :-(. Any chance LA Creamy Caramel might work here? It contains molasses.

Molasses obviously made it onto my next order!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never got Molasses! thought I had all the spices........ I wonder if Maple would work with a tiny touch of bitter wizard? I've NEVER tried bitter wizard, just grasping at straws out loud.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Making the adjustment to go gramps style. Thanks HIC :) Will whip it up today!

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
Have you thought about trying a gingersnap + lemon combo? There is a cookie brand called Carr's that has a gingersnap cookie with lemon cream and it's an excellent combo. Also, I work at Trader Joe's and we used to sell a gingersnap and lemon icecream that was pretty amazing. I'd try to whip it up myself but I lack a few components for this recipe.

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
Dang, that sounds awesome. I have a TFA gingerbread cookie and some various cinnamon danish/cookie flavors so maybe I can make due with those, I have everything else. I'm pleased and honored that I could stimulate some inspiration from you! I only discovered this forum after much searching for a better peanut butter flavor than any premade available, at which point botboy pointed me to your method which was the holy grail I'd been searching for. I always make a point to whip up anything I see with your stamp on it because I know it'll be on that higher level that I desire. Anyway, good day and good mixing!

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
Trader joes...... Mmmmm ... Cookie butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had been meaning to take a crack at cookie butter.. Working at TJ's I've seen the stuff go from a curiosity to something people have bought $1200 worth of to sell overseas (even though it's imported) and quickly became the #1 product in the chain. People go apeshart for it. I actually sent a jar of it to the Vapor Chef and he basically said "I have no idea how to replicate it" which was probably just a polite way of saying "not impressed" but he did send me about $60 of free juice as a thanks. I see flavorwest has their own cookiebutter available I've been meaning to try. The flavor is generally described as caramalized cinnamon which I don't think would be that hard to replicate, but getting it to taste spot on like the TJ's version of speculoos might require more tinkering than I care to arse with.

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
I'm going to vape this a couple days, make a trip to Trader Joe's for some cookies to accompany it, and see how accurate my flavor-memory really is. Ginger-lemon is a flavor combination I really enjoy.

I have a vape-version of another popular Trader Joe's cookie: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-maple-cream-cookies.1809/ That one is simple to make and great to vape while munching those cookies. When I'm in the mood for sweet maple, that's the recipe I mix.

If you made this peanut butter: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-homevape-peanut-butter-no-custard-note-ingredients.4807/ I would sure appreciate (if you a have a minute) if you'd post your impressions of it in that thread. It really helps people decide whether or not they want to try it themselves.

I will do that. I didn't register until a few weeks after making the PB so I didn't get around to it. Also, you should definitely make a trip to trader joes, but don't go there specifically for the Carr's because we discontinued them years ago, but I've seen them at some other foodie places like whole foods and fresh market I believe. Maybe check out the lemon crisps with chocolate drizzle. Still worth a look at TJ's though because there is a ton of new holiday stuff rolling in, mostly pumpkin related now but within a few weeks the Xmas stuff comes in and there are at least 60ish new cookies and candies on the way. Chocolate sea salt caramels come to mind. Speaking of, do you think you could create a sea salt effect with FA caramel or one of their other flavors somehow? Maybe with saline? I have FW salted caramel which I like but I'm finding it difficult to use anything other than FA lately unless there is no alternative.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use saline in my mixes, but I understand some people can taste the salt when using saline in their nic base; some can't. If you want a salty flavor, it's probably worth a try.

I have the FW Salted Caramel too, and I don't taste any difference between it and their regular Caramel :confused:
But then again .. you guy's know me and my funky taste buds.
I also use the Saline in just a few of my recipes, but in such small quantities that I don't notice it.
Usually it's to cut an acidy taste, to blend some flavors, or to just "smooth" the juice.
It's used like lemon or vinegar juice .. to change the PH.
I can imagine that those who use 100% VG, and cut it with Saline instead of distilled water could pick up a salty taste.
Even tasting the Saline by it's self, ..there's no salty taste.
So I guess some vapers have VERY sensitive taste buds ..(I wish)

VU Sponsors