Become a Patron!

HIC's PURPLE COW

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does steeping ever diminish the floral flavor of the grape?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting slight floral but it's nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to tame down a bit, but when I first mixed it, it was really overpowering. Think I'll let it steep a few more days and let it mellow out a bit more.I think it will taste really good then.

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the flavor?
I only ask because I notice it's only 6% flavor. The ones I have made so far have been closer to 20, but maybe the flavors in your recipe are bold? I've only used TFA, Capella, FW & LA flavorings, though.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made some of this up early this morning. Smelled a little floral, but it was fresh, so I was not put off.
Went to work & plan on trying about 3 ml tonight & steeping the rest for awhile.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I had FA Concord. Only grape in my inventory is TFA Grape Juice. Tried it at 2.5, then 3.5% and fresh off the scale it's watered down grape Kool Aid. Not surprised. See what happens in 48 hours, but I wouldn't recommend that particular grape as a sub.

I did make Forest Cow. Good stuff. Maybe Inawera Plum tonight.

Edit* Why wait? :) It's good with INW Plum. I've only previously used the plum with tobaccos, as it's rather ornery with woody floral-ness on its own. This little combo has tamed it considerably, but now I'm tempted to bump up the Vienna a %.

Last edited:

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it last night, after sitting for 12 hours with the cap off my bottle. Still a little floral, but not like it was when I left for work. Good taste, with the grape really coming through. Don't notice a lot of the vanilla flavor or cream, but that may come around after a proper steep. Generally a pretty good flavor, though. I will come back to it once a week for the next month or so. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Dart417

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Purple Cow recipe: This is a 1920s ice cream parlor version of a Purple Cow float or milkshake, which used Concord grape juice and vanilla ice cream. If you have FA Grape Concord, here's a way to make it taste like purple grape juice.

3% FA Vienna Cream
2% FA Grape Concord
1% FA Vanilla Classic

Shake and vape works fine, but I prefer the smoother flavor I get after this sits around a couple days.

FA Grape Concord is flavor I don't use often. Standalone it tastes too floral to me. In recipes it can overwhelm other flavors. But I think it's perfect mixed like this - finally found my purple grape juice! If you don't have the flavor, get some Welch's and make a real Purple Cow. They're tasty!
HIC any chance you would have suggestions on what I could do to get a ejuice to taste like Welch's concord grape juice without being too chemical or one dimetional/flat tasting? A friend had a grape juice she bought once that she says tasted just like welchs and fell in love but she cannot remember the name or vendor go figure lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC any chance you would have suggestions on what I could do to get a ejuice to taste like Welch's concord grape juice without being too chemical or one dimetional/flat tasting? A friend had a grape juice she bought once that she says tasted just like welchs and fell in love but she cannot remember the name or vendor go figure lol.
I think this recipe would be a good place to start; just be sure to steep it a couple days before trying it. Obviously it has more going on than plain juice, but if you have the flavorings, give it a try.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixed the plum and TFA grape juice together...

FA Vienna 3%
FA Vanilla Classic (Madagascar) 1%
TFA Grape Juice 5%
INW Plum 3%

Still not really hot on the TFA grape juice, but at least the Kool Aid element is gone. Tastes good and the vapor has a wonderful aroma. Anyway, holding me over till the damned FA Concord arrives. And all due respect to the OP for sparking creative flow!

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's now been about 8 days since I made this & I tried it again last night. Not as flowery or "grapey" as it was a week ago. The grape is becoming more tame & the vanilla & cream are a little more prominent than they were before. I'm hoping to save enough to see what it's like after a two-week steep, but it's such a nice vape it's hard to put down now already.

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just mixed this using Nature's Flavors Grape at 3%. Will let it steep overnight before I post my findings on the mix. Smells amazing though.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavours came together nicely even after an overnight steep. Nature's Flavors is a bit different and somewhat makes this taste like a grape skittle vape. Enjoying this variation quite alot.

Think I found a new addition to my daily rotation.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried this with something other then concord or cherry? I make this all the time was wondering if a strawberry would be good

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For some reason I feel it's best when mixed fresh
To me the Concord is too prevalent when fresh. I don't get any of the Vanilla or Vienna. Right now I can taste all three. Amazing how subjective taste can be, as I prefer almost all of my other fruit-type vapes fresh. Just not this one.
I will be making it again, as I don't mind waiting.

Well after two years I finally remembered to put that dang "FA Madagascar Vanilla Classic" on THE List , hope my Concord Grapes are still good :)
I really think I'm going to like this one that is why I wouldn't sub a thing. Thanks in advance HIC

Okay, I love this, been vaping this for a month and it doesn't get me bored.

The juice itself reminds me of the smell of Yakult, I can also notice a little Lychee-like smell.

When vaping, it's subtle (and somehow in-you-face), doesn't taste like purple grapes to me, more like green/white grapes, a light and soury taste with a creamy background that smooths it all.

I vape this on my serpent mini on a single standard coil (0.6ohm @ 20W was the best taste for me).
As HIC said, you can shake and vape, it will be good. But I recomend steeping for 3 days before use, it gets soooooooo good.

Thank you HIC.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
HIC I adore your recipes mate I really do but couldnt get on with this one maybe I need to half all of the numbers as it was really strong in flavour for me ...:(

JuanMiguelAndal

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll try this but I'm going to be using grape candy. I'll let you know. What does concord taste like?

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made it and tried it eight days later.....
Vaped 8ml and just didn't get the flavor(grape) at all. Going to let it sit for another week. I can smell it from the bottle just not tasting it.
Have the creamsicles and white tick tac's to finish and the orange tick tac's to try yet.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26 days after mix and something is just missing....
I had around 10 mil's left so I added 3 drops of TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream to it and bam the grape came out and it seems smoother.
Thanks for the mix next time I'm going to add .25 to .50% VBIC.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried liquid barns vanilla ice cream in this?

I don't have fa vanilla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I tried vanilla ice cream (LB) but right away it tastes like I'm vaping grape perfume. Hoping steeping will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
26 days after mix and something is just missing....

26 days?

Sounds to me that you might be yet another victim of FA flavor fade :eek:

Ron
---
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."- Marcus Aurelius

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26 days?

Sounds to me that you might be yet another victim of FA flavor fade :eek:

Ron
---
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."- Marcus Aurelius
26 days of steeping it.... I tried it right away, at 17 days and then again at 26 days and could not get the grape taste at all like others. I then added 3 drops of TPA VBIC to the last 10 or so mils and BAM the grape popped for me.

VU Sponsors