Become a Patron!

HIC's SWISS BLISS (premium chocolate candy bar!)

Perkidan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am fairly new to DIY, so being a chocolate freak I mixed this one up per your original recipe. WOW!!! Me and the girlfriend both LOVE it. And I ordered me up some VT nic that should be here Saturday. I have been using ECX nic premixed 50/50 at 6mg, so I am looking forward to seeing if this can be any better than it already is. If it is, I shall be in a coma soon. lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I am fairly new to DIY, so being a chocolate freak I mixed this one up per your original recipe. WOW!!! Me and the girlfriend both LOVE it. And I ordered me up some VT nic that should be here Saturday. I have been using ECX nic premixed 50/50 at 6mg, so I am looking forward to seeing if this can be any better than it already is. If it is, I shall be in a coma soon. lol

It'd be great if you come back and tell us what you two think of it with VT nic. If you're not comatose, lol!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been using the rec. mixing ratio of the harder mix, in a Vulcan dripper @.5 ohms, & it's been really good. I loaded a Kayfun up with it & the Kayfun is running @ 1.3 ohms, & while it is still good, I'm not getting the intense flavor I have been. Tried decresing the air flow, but I'm too worried about burning it.

Thinking I want to try doubling the amounts:
6% FA Cocoa
4% FA Chocolate
3% Acetyl Pyrazine
and then load a Kayfun with the 1.3 ohm coil and see how that does....Do you think the flavor will intensify, or will I screw it up? I am afraid I have become too accustomed to my Vulcan, & going back to my Kayfuns will not give me the intense flavor I crave..

Any ideas, or suggestions? Maybe my coil is too cool of a burning one???

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you think the flavor will intensify, or will I screw it up? I am afraid I have become too accustomed to my Vulcan, & going back to my Kayfuns will not give me the intense flavor I crave..

Any ideas, or suggestions? Maybe my coil is too cool of a burning one???

@wllmc knows Kayfuns - maybe he'll have a tip for you. I have no idea!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ive been all day vaping this swiss bliss in my kayfun and now lemo. the flavor is great, try a 5-6 wrap 28g 3/32 drill bit at your preferred wattage.. i think the flavor is even better in tanks but that may be just how i vape. i also do lung hits with airflow all the way open on both kayfun and lemo so again, may be how i vape

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ive been all day vaping this swiss bliss in my kayfun and now lemo. the flavor is great, try a 5-6 wrap 28g 3/32 drill bit at your preferred wattage.. i think the flavor is even better in tanks but that may be just how i vape. i also do lung hits with airflow all the way open on both kayfun and lemo so again, may be how i vape
Ok, maybe I worded things wrong or did not explain how I vape. I only use mechs, a Fuhattan with my Kayfun, so I have no way to turn the wattage up or down, I just have to wrap a coil the way it will benefit me best. Right now, I'm using a 9 wrap 26ga. and it's giving me a reading of 1.2, so does that change things? I have heard that people are gravitating away from mechs, and back to the regulated mods, idk, but I sold all of my regulated mods a long time ago, and went to Vulcan drippers. So, I'm just trying to sort out if I should go back to Kayfuns for the flavor I need, and get away from unregulated mechs.....

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, maybe I worded things wrong or did not explain how I vape. I only use mechs, a Fuhattan with my Kayfun, so I have no way to turn the wattage up or down, I just have to wrap a coil the way it will benefit me best. Right now, I'm using a 9 wrap 26ga. and it's giving me a reading of 1.2, so does that change things? I have heard that people are gravitating away from mechs, and back to the regulated mods, idk, but I sold all of my regulated mods a long time ago...
26g is going to be hotter than 28g. if you have some 28 try a 5 wrap around 3/32 that will put you around 17-18 watts at about 1 ohm on a full charge which for me is a good vape in a kayfun mech setup. great flavor. the 3/32 size will give you enough juice inside the coil at all times so that flavor is improved from a standard 5/64 size, reduces any dry hits too

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
26g is going to be hotter than 28g. if you have some 28 try a 5 wrap around 3/32 that will put you around 17-18 watts at about 1 ohm on a full charge which for me is a good vape in a kayfun mech setup. great flavor. the 3/32 size will give you enough juice inside the coil at all times so that flavor is improved from a standard 5/64 size, reduces any dry hits too
You're a handy one! Very informational, thanks. I don't even own a Kayfun, but that made some sense to me with building!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
just helping where i can :)
I'm grateful for the info you gave me. I re-coiled my 2 favorite Kayfuns with the 5 wrap, & re-wicked them as well. I'm quite pleased with the results, and the taste they are giving me now is really great. I'm not ready to give up my Vulcan RDA's, but now I have 2 Kayfuns in top form, to carry with me when dripping is just not feasible, or safe.

Thanks for the help, & I will make it a point to keep this info close at hand for when I need it again. I hope you & your family have a great Xmas....:)

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Listen to your mouth, disco! lol. A little FA Almond is perfect in it, a great candy bar.

If you make a weak recipe of Swiss Bliss (or just dilute it by about 1/3) and add FA Almond and FA Espresso (or Tiramisu!), you have smooth Swiss Mocha Almond coffee flavor. That's my favorite coffee vape lately.

FA Spearmint is great with Swiss Bliss, better than Peppermint. It adds more creaminess than I expected. I start with a tank of 3% Spearmint then drip in (premixed) Swiss Bliss to chocolate-ize it. It's fine swirly instead of well mixed. A puff of choc, a puff of mint, of puff of swirly choc-mint, it's all good.

With a bottle of Swiss Bliss and another of Grand Marnier (basically, this recipe minus the Custard, and Fresh Cream optional), I'm a very happy vaper.
Awesome!! I also ordered Tirimisu and I wanted dark bean espresso but Bull City was out :( . I think I ended up with the nut mix also so I'll have to try that out. I've been in love with a caramel cappuccino for a bit now from TFA but I bet this SB with some Tirimisu is gonna be the bees knees! LMAO. Will report on Tuesday when my order comes in

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is one of my biggest annoyances regarding sub-ohming. I love chocolate, but I've yet to get a good chocolate flavor at high power. It either burns, or it tastes muted.

I subohm with a Lemo Tank or Billow Tank. Both are rebuildable and the Billow is a dual coil while the Lemo is a single. I have never had chocolates tastes bad running either of those at .6ohm/30-40 watts.

Edit: Using a regulated mod (IPV2 50watt)

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I subohm with a Lemo Tank or Billow Tank. Both are rebuildable and the Billow is a dual coil while the Lemo is a single. I have never had chocolates tastes bad running either of those at .6ohm/30-40 watts.

Edit: Using a regulated mod (IPV2 50watt)
That is great to know. I run a mechanical at around .5 ohms which should be right around 35 watts on a full charge. Thank You for that info bc I was kinda worried about the cocoa burning. (My understanding is it's not the chocolate but the cocoa that would burn)

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Swiss Bliss
recipe: premium Swiss chocolate candy bar flavor - WOW!
3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5-2% Acetyl Pyrazine : http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx

I can't believe someone didn't discover this earlier - acetyl pyrazine has an incredible effect on FA Cocoa and Chocolate! It adds cocoa butter richness, sweetness on the inhale, and the smoothness of chocolate melting in your mouth. FA Cocoa has always been among the best flavorings for mixing chocolate vapes, but this takes it over the top. FA Chocolate (plain) has a liqueur note that can interfere with candy flavors - but acetyl pyrazine eliminates that and merges these two FA flavorings into fantastic Swiss chocolate. Swiss chocolate is known for its high cocoa butter content, and this recipe captures that flavor perfectly. The range of 1.5-2% for acetyl pyrazine allows you vary the sweetness and cocoa butter; start with 1.5%, then edge up to your preference.

Swiss Bliss is excellent all by itself. It's also perfect for mixing into all the candy bar flavors, mixing with coffee vapes for sweet mocha, etc. If you love Swiss Bliss as much as I do, make a bottle of flavoring to use in your recipes: just label a bottle "Swiss Bliss" and put in 3ml FA Cocoa, 2ml FA Chocolate, 2ml acetyl pyrazine.

Here is a 'light' version for those who prefer less total flavoring or softer chocolate flavor:
2% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5% Acetyl Pyrazine

I think this is a breakthrough in chocolate vapes - please post your impressions when you try it!
This is so deeeeliscious! I made up a batch and vaped it on my .6 ohm stillare and the first few hits are amazing. Unfortunately it starts to turn the coil black and charr pretty quickly at that resistance. This post is for all the subohmers out there. I ended up keeping the first batch for my tanks and making a tweaked version that can be vaped in the normal way that I vape. Here is what I came up with.
1% FA Cocoa
3-4% FA Chocolate
1.3-1.8 Acetyl Pyrazine
It is a little less chocolatey as the original but it doesn't seem to burn at higher wattages. I would still be cautious about vaping it at .2 ohms on a mechanical mod, but if anyone ends up doing so please post how you made out with that. Props to HIC for this awesome recipe and many others that he has posted that are all really great. If you are new to DIY you can't go wrong with HICs recipes!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made this tonight (All VG - cheapo nic from MFS), right on the heels of "HIC's Basic Cocoa Cookies"--which is great- but now I must add my voice to the chorus in saying this Swiss Bliss is undeniably the BEST chocolate I have ever vaped. I didn't warm bathe it--I did nothing but shake and wait a few hours. I'm vaping it now and just trying not to pass out from the sheer pleasure of it. O Joy! O Happy Day!

PS: i'm using 3 volts with an iStick and a pyrex tank, btw, and I used the lesser amount AP in my batch.

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have made this recipe today, but doubled up on all the ingredients % except Acetyl Pyrazine which I have reduced to 1%, think this ingredient is what's making me taste popcorn (which my research into acetyl pyrazine described as "Roasted, nutty, bready and yeasty, with popcorn and corn chip nuances"). I will give it a try in a week (when fully steeped) and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the great Recipes

Mark

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, I'd like to add FA Peppermint or FW Candy Cane to this to get a Chocolate Mint (I have both flavors). Saw your comments earlier in this thread but I don't have Spearmint. Can you suggest either the FA or FW flavor % to get me to a Chocolate Mint? Thanks.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I'd like to add FA Peppermint or FW Candy Cane to this to get a Chocolate Mint (I have both flavors). Saw your comments earlier in this thread but I don't have Spearmint. Can you suggest either the FA or FW flavor % to get me to a Chocolate Mint? Thanks.

FA is creamier, but FW is sweeter; use which ever you prefer. Don't be surprised if you add peppermint and taste caramel along with it. Acetyl pyrazine can do that to mints.

With FA, adding 0.5% would be a hint of mint; 1% would be pretty strong; 1.5% would be about as strong as the chocolate.
With FW, adding 1% would be a hint of mint and 2% fairly strong. Around 4% you might get a chocolate-caramel-coated candy cane. I'm not sure if it would be good or not.

I usually start low and add. Whatever you do, try a small batch first to be sure the ap effect on peppermint tastes okay to you.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks HIC. I'll try a few batches, starting with 1% FA and 2% FW. I like Smoky's White Chocolate Candy Cane and modified that earlier today for a chocolate version. Not bad if I have to say so myself :) Actually my daughter was by this evening and after she tried it, she took my sample bottle home with her......kids :)

Chocolate Candy Cane
*FA Peppermint 2.00%
*FA Cocoa 2.00%
*FA Chocolate 2.00%
*FA Vanilla Classic 0.50%
*FA Meringue 0.50%
*FA Brandy 0.25%

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just made it and it's wonderful, although I think a light steep will bring out the flavor a little more. Added a few drops of coconut to the tank I'm smoking now and I'll have to say, it also makes the perfect Mounds bar.....:cool:

Now......does anyone know how to get the smell of AP out of my office? Lol!

Last edited:

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bumped into this thread looking for a almond joy recipe. I just knew someone would have tried it with almond and coconut. My FA order will arrive in a few days, but I'll have to order the ap. I have the FA coconut in the order, but not the other coconut. What coconut do you think would be best, and at what percent?

I ordered every FA flavor I could find from two websites, and included a few cap and fw flavors. I'll be ready to mix up some of the recipes I've been drooling over, but his recipe has really grasp my attention. I'm eager to try it. I'll try it nic free, and then with my freedom smokes nic. Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered so much nic. I guess the freezer has extra space.

HIC, your descriptions are killer. I've been reading your post for two weeks now and have learned a lot. Thanks!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bumped into this thread looking for a almond joy recipe. I just knew someone would have tried it with almond and coconut. My FA order will arrive in a few days, but I'll have to order the ap. I have the FA coconut in the order, but not the other coconut. What coconut do you think would be best, and at what percent?

I ordered every FA flavor I could find from two websites, and included a few cap and fw flavors. I'll be ready to mix up some of the recipes I've been drooling over, but his recipe has really grasp my attention. I'm eager to try it. I'll try it nic free, and then with my freedom smokes nic. Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered so much nic. I guess the freezer has extra space.

HIC, your descriptions are killer. I've been reading your post for two weeks now and have learned a lot. Thanks!
You will LOVE this recipe! Of all I've made, this one is the mist versatile imo, and I sing HIC's praises every time I vape it!
To me, if using FA, I would start at 1-2% of coconut, maybe less if using extra. It would really depend on how strongly you wanted it to taste. I will say I cut the AP in half, but that was a personal preference. It's very strong!
I've made it with coconut and vaped the perfect Mounds bar, but am anxious to play around with different fruits in the mix. I keep a 15ml bottle if the base in my flavor collection!

Has anyone tried to add some tobacco to Swiss Bliss ? I have Ry4 double TPA and Cuban Supreme FA, so does any of you experienced mixers have suggestions about % ? By the way Hic, I tried several of your recipes and they are great, especially Nutella, basically your recipes are the reason I went into this mixing business, thank you for that.

Unfortunately I don't. I just have those two, Ry4 double and Cuban Supreme, for now. Any chance for making something with those ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Unfortunately I don't. I just have those two, Ry4 double and Cuban Supreme, for now. Any chance for making something with those ?

Adding just 0.5% Cuban Supreme would give you a dry vanilla exhale. I guess that could be interesting.
Any nut or nutty-tobacco flavor can work, and if you add that, then a little ry4d might go along well. (choc, nut, caramel...)
But you should try whatever sounds good to you!

purevapor1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone gave me your recipe and i had to come over and sign up and say Thanks for this one. I too am impatient i put my mix in hot water until it thins out my vg, then put it on a magnetic stirrer for 20 minutes perfect is all i can say but it does get better with time but unfortunely it only lasts a week before making more lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone gave me your recipe and i had to come over and sign up and say Thanks for this one. I too am impatient i put my mix in hot water until it thins out my vg, then put it on a magnetic stirrer for 20 minutes perfect is all i can say but it does get better with time but unfortunely it only lasts a week before making more lol
Try some coconut extra in there. Makes a dreamy Mounds bar. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's an addiction at my house! Lol! Honestly, that's one of the most versatile recipes @HeadInClouds has ever posted. Do yourself a "flavor" and keep a bottle of the base mixed up. You'd be amazed at how you can play with it and what you can add to make "candy bars" galore. :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I'm glad you made your way to VU! Stick around a while; there are lots of great DIY recipes and discussions here - best on the web, imo.

purevapor1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU, purevapor1, glad you found us! The best recipes and friends are all here. ;)
TY i have many flavors, its the best part of my day when i can play with recipes, this is what i like to do when im really in the mood, that was the last : ethyl vanillin, caramel candy, butterscotch steeped in a charred oak barrel for a month
1kg089q.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never would have thought of that.....bet it's awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

purevapor1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
family members raided it after it was strained, i was left with 130ml afterwards and yes i enjoyed it until it was gone

Raina

Member For 4 Years
I made this as written, but the acetyl pyrazine was way too overpowering. My nic maybe? I don't know. Let it steep a while but it never mellowed out. Made it again without the ap and then mixed the bottles and steeped. That was perfect. I'm dripping this stuff right now and it's pure heaven.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this as written, but the acetyl pyrazine was way too overpowering.

same here .. tasting the cocoa ... and how is it referred 'frito's' flavor is really all over it.. let it sit a week .. still too much.. lol .. no worries .. ordered some larger bottles ..gonna mix it without and add to it till it tames .. curious re the 1.5-2% AP.. gonna follow the example in 3 milky musketeers recipe for future use.. (.25) who knows I may have slipped mixing as well.. :p all part of the fun !! This is too good standalone as well as base to branch out and add stuff to !! Thanx for this @HeadInClouds

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can only get away with using tiny amounts of AP without tasting Frito's, usually .1 to .5%.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as we all know everyone's taste profile is different .. some of us are prob sensitive to AP I would figure

Raina

Member For 4 Years
gonna mix it without and add to it till it tames

Half was perfect for me. I used ECX premixed 50/50 in 6mg. Next time I mix I'm gonna try HIC's Halo Belgian Cocoa clone (just cocoa and chocolate) and see what the difference is. I'd imagine it's like the difference between European and American chocolate because this recipe totally reminds me of true Belgian chocolate bars.

I have to dry burn and change wicks more often, but I always have a tank full of this stuff. I've also found that it's better when vaped with coffee. A frothy vanilla cappuccino takes this recipe to an entirely different level. And it's funny... My mom and sis (who couldn't stand to be around me when I was smoking cigarettes) will move closer to me when I'm vaping this because the vapor trail smells so good.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to dry burn and change wicks more often, but I always have a tank full of this stuff

oh YEAH!! .. when I started, was thinking.. chocolate??!! no way! thats gonna taste like cr*p... but found one i liked and HIC's recipes fit right in there.. gotta have one tank running some!

Last edited:

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to try this with: 1% VZ-SC Yuco + 1% VZ-SC French Pipe (or something along those lines), should produce a rich Cocoa/Chocolate Pipe Tobacco with a unique twist. A little VZ-SC Gourmet Chocolate Truffle might work well with this recipe, Ive been wanting to order that flavor for ages. FYI: VZ-SC is Vaping Zone's Super Concentrated flavorings.

SweetVapinSue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks HeadInClouds for another great chocolate recipe. Mixed this also a few weeks ago. Added Bavarian Cream , a little vanilla and Frosted Donut. . Trying for a chocolate covered cream filled donut. Pretty Yummy!
After reading the posts here and other areas in this forum., I decided I might need to try the VT Nic, have been using RTS Nic. Thanks for all of the great advice!!!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great minds think alike Sweetvapingsue, I have had steeping in the cupboard what sounds a pretty much identical swiss bliss drenched donut, smells divine, not tried it yet though

VU Sponsors