High frequency sound from sigelei 100w

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had my sigelei 100w plus less than a week ago. Had it near the side of my head and heard a high frequency sound, similar to old crt tvs when the volume is muted. Anyone else notice this? Seems to be most pronounced near the atty side opposite of battery door, and only when screen is on.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Bummer man, can you exchange it still? Might be normal, but if it's loud enough to hear I'd think not. Others can chime in. That's one of the only things I'm not hop to with these regulated mods. My mechs I can fix most anything, and worse case I have to toss a battery, say I dropped it in water or something. Never have. These things are complicated and complicated makes them awesome in their abilities, but breakable. Good luck.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have never heard that. All Sigelei 100W are under a warranty so you could see if that is enough to exchange it for a new one.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have never heard that. All Sigelei 100W are under a warranty so you could see if that is enough to exchange it for a new one.
Yeah, since you just got it I'd try to exchange through the vendor so you don't have to go through Asmodus. Never dealt with them, but from things I've read I hope I don't have to. I'd get in touch with the vendor ASAP.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess I worded this wrong. The device works wonderful! It's nothing obnoxious. I have to hold it to my ear to hear it. I was just curious if others can hear it as well? Maybe, even identify what it is? I'm almost certain it's normal, but I suppose it may not be.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity I checked my iPV3 and it makes the same noise. Faint hum. Like a transformer.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Could be the pulse width modulation of the chip set. aka the rattlesnake from the vmaxs etc.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just out of curiosity I checked my iPV3 and it makes the same noise. Faint hum. Like a transformer.

That's because the unit is basically a direct-coupled DC amplifier.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

You are an ass... ;) I swore not to check, but I did. Mine doesn't do it, however, or else all of the years I spent playing loud music in bands has taken the frequency it's at away. I guess I'm lucky. Once I hear or see something it never goes away, I just focus in on it. Not this time.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
You are an ass... ;) I swore not to check, but I did. Mine doesn't do it, however, or else all of the years I spent playing loud music in bands has taken the frequency it's at away. I guess I'm lucky. Once I hear or see something it never goes away, I just focus in on it. Not this time.

Haha I play guitar also with an over enthusiastic drummer. If yours made the noise it's actually hard to hear. Too far from or too close to your ear and you won't catch it. Only does it right after firing also. Best of luck! ;)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Haha I play guitar also with an over enthusiastic drummer. If yours made the noise it's actually hard to hear. Too far from or too close to your ear and you won't catch it. Only does it right after firing also. Best of luck! ;)

So now you elaborate on when to seek out the sound... You truly are an ass, lol. I love the thing, I'm gonna do my best not to look for or listen for problems. We'll see how long that lasts. I still need to secure a PC and someone who is good with it to upgrade my firmware. I want those accurate readings, don't care about the power. I wish it would be Mac friendly.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Just figured I'd have some fun with you. I'm almost positive it is normal. I updated mine last night. The precision is nice but the screen feels cramped now.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just figured I'd have some fun with you. I'm almost positive it is normal. I updated mine last night. The precision is nice but the screen feels cramped now.

I read someone else say the screen gets cramped. I don't really NEED the readings to the hundredths as my other tools do that, just would be nice. I'd rather have a battery percentage, or voltage readout instead of the damn bar.

I'll get around to updating it soon enough. Haven't put it to my ear again, yet... :)

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I had the Sigelei 100w. Loved the screen. Hated the pin. I exchanged it for the iPV3. Would be nice if they did something like that. I see a lot of people wanting the same thing.

VU Sponsors