Become a Patron!

High powered mods - possible vs. actual usage

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While a lot of high power box mods are out there, i don't see most people needing or wanting to use those at max wattage or even close.
So i'm starting a survey:
What's the max wattage setting of your device and what setting do you actually use?

I have an IPV2S 70W.
I usually don't go above 50W.

Reactions: nbp

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 200W Beast Box.
I usually use it at about 125W.
I bought it for battery life. (dual 26650)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have a Sigelei 100 watt mod and I usually vape an Orchid with dual coils that read 0.5 ohms at under 30 watt.

I also have an IPV 50 watt mod that has a Kayfun Lite Plus, single coil 1.2 ohms that I vape at under 20 watts.

But I am also firmly convinced that the way vaping is evolving at such a fast rate, we will see some new type of atomizer technology (perhaps induction) become available sooner rather than later that will require more power than the norm where these high wattage mods will be needed.

And I also believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei 100watt box.

I usually start RDAs over 0.5 ohms at 50 watts and RDAs below 0.5 ohms at 75 watts
Then I adjust the wattage up or down depending on a combination of the RDA and coil I have in it to get the most pleasure out of vaping with it since different RDAs have different levels of airflow.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SX Zero Clone. Mod does 50. Set for 15 on a .5 ohm Kanger Subtank.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IPV3 165 Watts. So far always under 40.
Just got a Sigelei 100+ and I'm using it even lower.

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
iPV3 not updated yet, so 150 watts. Kayfuns 20-25, sometimes 30, rda's 40-60, but they vary quite a bit. I find 40-50 is a good balance for battery life nod juice consumption.

I only got high power for the battery life, and the fact that the price difference was negligible.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ipv3 and Sigelei 100 vape at 22w on my lemo to 32-48 on RDA's. Don't really need anything more unless I'm messing around

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ipv3 updated for 165 watts...never been used !!
sx mini 60 watts...kanger subtank 24 watts, russian 91 16 watts...magma 30 watts...origen genesis 17 watts...
yesireee, i really needed that 165 watt ipv3...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Luxyoun Smaug 150 watt. Runs a Billow at .3 ohms, at 50-60 watts.
Sigelei 100 V2 Runs either the Billow or a RDA at .5 down to .3 Usually set at 50 watts.
Unregulated box mods, both parallel batteries. These run the drippers only.

Will have a Sub tank soon, as well as a couple of Orchids. I suspect these will run about the same as the Billow.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Sigelei 100 watt mod and I usually vape an Orchid with dual coils that read 0.5 ohms at under 30 watt.

I also have an IPV 50 watt mod that has a Kayfun Lite Plus, single coil 1.2 ohms that I vape at under 20 watts.

But I am also firmly convinced that the way vaping is evolving at such a fast rate, we will see some new type of atomizer technology (perhaps induction) become available sooner rather than later that will require more power than the norm where these high wattage mods will be needed.

And I also believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.
Conduction is already here but it is for "loose leaf"

http://www.v2cigs.com/v2pro-vaporizer/series-3-loose-leaf

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IPV3 165w... Used with a EVOD @ 9w... I can go a month between charges :)

Im joking.... I can only go 3 weeks :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ZNA 30 clone with Kayfun Lite Plus v2 at 1.2 and Orchid v4 at .6. 9-15w depending on the juice.

Have a Couper T8 arriving that should be here Monday, but I won it so I'm not sure it counts. Will be run at the same watts with the same atty's plus a Kayfun v4 that I bought to save shipping.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Luxyoun Smaug 150 watt. Runs a Billow at .3 ohms, at 50-60 watts.
Sigelei 100 V2 Runs either the Billow or a RDA at .5 down to .3 Usually set at 50 watts.
Unregulated box mods, both parallel batteries. These run the drippers only.

Will have a Sub tank soon, as well as a couple of Orchids. I suspect these will run about the same as the Billow.
thats exactly what I run the Billow at wattage wise seems like great flavor to me .... just to answer your on the subtank unless you build it and use the stock coil its only a single coil so it really doesnt like anything over 25-28 watts ;)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
MVP 20watt...anywhere from 1.5 to 2.3 ohm coils (experimenting)...7 to 10 watts maximum so far.

nbp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a day to day basis I am using the Nemesis with a kick on 15w. A Lemo with 1.2-1.6 ohm coils.
I love it !!

On the way is the mini Clouper 30w but I don't think I will use it on 30w...

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Istick and mvp2 6-12 watts depending on my mood or juice. Aspire bvc coils 1.8 ohm.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ipv3 with a staged heating coil (ie twisted messes) at .09 ohms. I vape it at 80watts. Go through a set of sony vtc4's in 6-8 hours.

VU Sponsors