Become a Patron!

High wattage mod vs low wattage mod

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
Hello guys
I am going to buy a new regulated box mod but i am confused about something..
What makes a mini box mod with like 80w limit different than another box mod with 220w ?
On the mod with low wattage i could build high resistance builds and fire at low wattages and the opposite goes with the high wattage mod ...
So what is the point and what do u recommend ?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just get whatever mod your more confortable with.

I have a 80 watt small mod in the Snow Wolf Mini Plus which works great if I am going to have it in my pocket. I am limited on which tanks I can throw on there from a performance standpoint though. For high powered tanks like the TFV8 a higher wattage mod makes a lot more sense.

If you put a tank on a 80 watt mod and run it at 50 watts it will be the same running it in the 200 watt mod at 50 watts. The 200 watt mod gives you more options and longer battery life though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Beside the obvious wattage differences:
A 80 watt and less mod will be internal battery or single battery.
A 100+ watt is dual battery or more. This giving you more battery capacity (longer vape time between battery changes).

You don't have to build low and run high watts on a device capable of it. You can run it high ohm/low watts like the smaller devices.

For someone who is high ohm/low watts, you could go 2-3 days before changing batteries.

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years

I have a 80 watt small mod in the Snow Wolf Mini Plus which works great if I am going to have it in my pocket. I am limited on which tanks I can throw on there from a performance standpoint though. For high powered tanks like the TFV8 a higher wattage mod makes a lot more sense.

If you put a tank on a 80 watt mod and run it at 50 watts it will be the same running it in the 200 watt mod at 50 watts. The 200 watt mod gives you more options and longer battery life though.

That's it....i prefer small mods because of their size
Moreover,i'm not into sub ohm tanks so it would be pointless for me to think in terms of tanks that require high wattage like tfv8

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
I recommend a regulated mod with 2x the wattage ability than you normally use.......... or if your thing is battery life the one with the most potential mah.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Why should i have the mod with 2x than my normally used wattage ?
And battery life isnt really a problem...i could carry in my pocket extra battery

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years

I am comfortable with those small mods tbh....and as i said in the previous reply i dont plan on buying a sub ohm tank like tfv8 or tfv12

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's it....i prefer small mods because of their size
Moreover,i'm not into sub ohm tanks so it would be pointless for me to think in terms of tanks that require high wattage like tfv8
My favorite small mod is the Snow Wolf Mini Plus, 80 watts with a built in Lipo and battery life is pretty good.

I do like single 26650 mods, there a little bigger but comfortable in the hand. My favorite is the Hohm Slice which can be had on sale for $30. It is 101 watts but hits real hard, the FSK chip it uses is one of the best chips on the market. Paint isn't the greatest though, might look into getting the silver if you go that way.

Loke someone mentioned it is always good to get double the power you think you will use. If you vape all the time at no more that 40 or 50 watts then a 80 watt mod would be fine.

Edit: here is a pic of the 2 mods I mentioned to give you an idea of size

ef2970666afd4b2004bb9c1605cc9967.jpg

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am comfortable with those small mods tbh....and as i said in the previous reply i dont plan on buying a sub ohm tank like tfv8 or tfv12
If you are happy with small mods and are happy with the battery life in them, stick with them then.

eLeaf Pico's are nice. My wife has one and it's solid.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why should i have the mod with 2x than my normally used wattage ?
And battery life isnt really a problem...i could carry in my pocket extra battery
Well for one thing you might get adventurous a want to try some thing different... TC seems to me to Work better when wattages are set for higher than you would normally vape.....it might actually use less wattage overall....
it never a good idea to continually max out any device... you don't run a car a full throttle 24hrs a day do you? Does the music really sound better a full blast? It might be better loud. But 100 watts of music tends to sound worse from a 100 watt speaker than a 200 watt speaker.

I could be wrong it might not matter.

I vape at 30 watts or less. Currently vaping at 18 watts in VW... also have a TC profile that is set at 24 watt and 360 degress. I could use a 30 watt mod... but the 75 watt mod I use costs about the same money uses the same battery or better and has the ability to keep up with new vaping technology. It's getting harder to find low wattage atomizers.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a bunch of duel 18650 mods and I only use them on long drives or in the house. For me, it's tough to beat a single 18650 75-80w mod. The best of them is the evic VTC mini, imo.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Price, mainly. While I personally think a 100w mod or more is completely ridiculous, I'd like to thank makers of those mods for helping lower the price on 30w and 40w mods. THANKS!!! :)

And what HondaDavidson said:
Because its cool to fire a huge coil at high wattages... thus creating your own cloud banks and making juice companies rich in the proccess.

This exactly.

Andria

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Price, mainly. While I personally think a 100w mod or more is completely ridiculous, I'd like to thank makers of those mods for helping lower the price on 30w and 40w mods. THANKS!!! :)
But you don't own a car that can only do 65...I vape mostly now under 20W but I would never buy a 20W mod...Right now I am rocking my nautilus 2 on my flask133 at a whopping 13W, great battery life ^_^

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But you don't own a car that can only do 65...I vape mostly now under 20W but I would never buy a 20W mod...Right now I am rocking my nautilus 2 on my flask133 at a whopping 13W, great battery life ^_^

Yeah, I've got a couple of old Sigelei Zmax's in the drawer as reserve/backup (one still in the box, never been used)... their 15w would serve my <10w needs very well, I just don't care much for tube mods anymore. I use my 30w and 40w and even my 75w mods, because they're box mods. And yeah, I can get 2 full days from Samsung 25Rs and LG HE2s. :D

Andria

Hello guys
I am going to buy a new regulated box mod but i am confused about something..
What makes a mini box mod with like 80w limit different than another box mod with 220w ?
On the mod with low wattage i could build high resistance builds and fire at low wattages and the opposite goes with the high wattage mod ...
So what is the point and what do u recommend ?

Honestly, if I want clouds, I prefer my vaperz cloud x1 comp mech. Other then that I prefer anyhing up to 75 watts. Anything more on a regulated mod is kinda unnecessary. I prefer my KangerTech cupti for my on the go vape. I vape my compvape double vision RDA when I'm at home.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If youre going to vape at 15 to 20 watts then 80 watts is plenty, even if its only a single battery mod...With batteries like the LG 3000mah or the Samsung 30Q as well as the Sony vtc6, youll get a good part of a full day before needing a charge or a battery swap.

I have an Eleaf 60w TC ill use once in awhile and at 20 watts it lasts me a good part of the day.

My 2 favorite low power tanks are the Kayfun V5 and the Taifun GT3..Both have good flavor and are essentially fool proof with wicking and both are single coil which means less power needed to get your vape... Both just work very well for cheap clones.

Of all the mods and tanks I own I could easily use my $23.00 eleaf 60w with my $10.00 Taifun GT3/ Kayfun V5 tanks and have no problems being happy with my daily vape.

I don't get this Wattage war going on with companies but, its stupid..i guess hold out on a 200 watt mod as in 6 months youll be able to get a 500 watt mod that takes 8 18650s or 6 26650s.:crazy:

Lost Vape got it right with the Therion 75w..75 watts of quality and dual parallel18650 batteries....My favorite mod to date.:stars:

Last edited:

Yeh.zak1

Member For 3 Years
Well for one thing you might get adventurous a want to try some thing different... TC seems to me to Work better when wattages are set for higher than you would normally vape.....it might actually use less wattage overall....
it never a good idea to continually max out any device... you don't run a car a full throttle 24hrs a day do you? Does the music really sound better a full blast? It might be better loud. But 100 watts of music tends to sound worse from a 100 watt speaker than a 200 watt speaker.

I could be wrong it might not matter.

I vape at 30 watts or less. Currently vaping at 18 watts in VW... also have a TC profile that is set at 24 watt and 360 degress. I could use a 30 watt mod... but the 75 watt mod I use costs about the same money uses the same battery or better and has the ability to keep up with new vaping technology. It's getting harder to find low wattage atomizers.

Got it (y)

VU Sponsors