Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice for $30... Woah...

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, one is enough... I got the Blue one, just for kicks.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FUCK!

Sheriff of MODDINGHAM!

Ugh! I hate it when I miss jokes like that.
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I grabbed one @$30 a few weeks ago to try out the FSK chip. I liked it so much I had to get a G2, also. Couldn't be more impressed with them both. Absolutely love 'em.

The Slice works fine with an 18650 with a sleeve. Just be prepared to charge/swap in fresh batteries a couple of times a day, if you vape a lot @ over 40-50 watts.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you can still safely charge the battery in the mod when using a sleeve and an 18650?
Me personally I never recommend charging any battery in any mod.
I ALWAYS use an external charger.
So I can't tell you if it is actually safe to do so or not, just that I won't be doing it regardless of what battery is in this mod or any other.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me personally I never recommend charging any battery in any mod.
I ALWAYS use an external charger.
So I can't tell you if it is actually safe to do so or not, just that I won't be doing it regardless of what battery is in this mod or any other.

Me either, but I introduce a lot of smokers to vaping, who aren't always interested (or have the cash), to also buy an external charger and extra batteries right away.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'all be safe buying from vaporcube. If it doesn't get there, they will fight you over it. They don't care if you get it or not they just want their money.

They fought a dispute on PayPal for $25. I STILL don't have the two Skillets I ordered. Prices are good, customer service not worth the risk imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I grabbed one @$30 a few weeks ago to try out the FSK chip. I liked it so much I had to get a G2, also. Couldn't be more impressed with them both. Absolutely love 'em.

The Slice works fine with an 18650 with a sleeve. Just be prepared to charge/swap in fresh batteries a couple of times a day, if you vape a lot @ over 40-50 watts.

Meh, I bought a 26650 at IMR batteries :). I have an external charger and use it... sometimes.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really want one of these, and at that price I want to snap it up, but I live in the UK :(.

I don't know anyone here that has a mod that uses an FSK board, but hear how good they are from people on this forum. I wish they was this cheap in the UK!

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've purchased 2 G2s, 3 Slices and 4 Skillets (which I gave away). To date, their mods at these prices are the best value for the buck. They are also the most reliable mods I own. Though I don't own any high-end Yihi boards to compare to, my DNAs have died and my Joyetechs are flaky. The Hohm products are like Timex; take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Since new Hohmtech mods are not in the works, this may be your last chances to get in on one or more.

For those wondering about Kanthal TC, I just recently tried it, and it works. And works well. The G2 seems to do a slightly better job at it, but the Slice doesn't fail here either.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really fought the urge to get this, but have too many shelf mods as it is. Looks like an awesome deal

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Y'all be safe buying from vaporcube. If it doesn't get there, they will fight you over it. They don't care if you get it or not they just want their money.
They fought a dispute on PayPal for $25. I STILL don't have the two Skillets I ordered. Prices are good, customer service not worth the risk imo.

I wish I'd read that before I ordered from them. 3 days, not shipped, not one answer from them. Avoid. I think they are scammers.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I'd read that before I ordered from them. 3 days, not shipped, not one answer from them. Avoid. I think they are scammers.

I placed two largish orders from them before Christmas, about $300 total, and all arrived just fine. They're not scammers. Not sure what's going on in your case, and I would be super annoyed if I were in your shoes, just saying. I had no troubles with my orders.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I placed two largish orders from them before Christmas, about $300 total, and all arrived just fine. They're not scammers. Not sure what's going on in your case, and I would be super annoyed if I were in your shoes, just saying. I had no troubles with my orders.

All I've gotten in response to the two messages I've left for them are automatically generated emails.

"Thank you for submitting your ticket to our staff. We will response to your ticket as soon as possible.

Here is your original message:"

WTF? I don't need my original message emailed back to me, I wrote the fucking thing after all. Just a reply,like "sorry for the delay, it's shipped" or "Its busy, give us a few more days" or even "you are fucking beat for your mod."

I created the tickets a day apart, and from the ticket numbers, I can see only 4 have been created in 24 hours. What company cannot answer 4 emails in 2 days?

No telephone number I could find on their site, I don't even know what city they are in. Not what I'd describe as stellar customer service.

No way to even cancel the order.

kh1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've received 3 different orders from vaporcube in the last 3 months and did not have a problem with them, came through with fast shipping.
I hope those who are experiencing a problem get it resolved quickly. Might try this number: (909) 305-2823 hth

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've received 3 different orders from vaporcube in the last 3 months and did not have a problem with them, came through with fast shipping.
I hope those who are experiencing a problem get it resolved quickly. Might try this number: (909) 305-2823 hth

Many thanks for the number. I'll call them tomorrow. Do you have an address or know what city they are in? Area code 909 is LA if I remember correctly.

Edit: 121 E Arrow Hwy San Dimas, CA 91773 I feel much better now knowing where they are located. I guess that location also explains the creepy "welcome to our family" message they sent when I opened up my account. Hippie entrepreneurs. Why not.

That number is also for Vapor Papa Inc., at the same location.

Edit 2:

Apparently, that number was disconnected 2 months ago. Better Business Bureau gives them a bad rating Looking shady as hell. They are also the service center for Holmtech. I wonder if these 50% off mods might be refurbs. I'll call Holmtech tomorrow, and see if they have a number.

Bought a 26650 bat yesterday, for this mod. The only thing I own that takes 26650 bats, is a flashlight, and it takes 2. Can't take the batt back, can't use a single one. Now, I'll have to buy another 26650 if I ever hope to get any use out of the first. I'm done with Holmtech, and Vaporcube

Holmtech make a very interesting mod, but I just realized that there is no warranty, if these guys are their service center. Hell, they can't even seem to sell them, much less fix them.

Fuck the Bozos.

Last edited:

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm reading a lot of posts lately about Hohmtech and Vaporcube. Some good, but some not so good. Hohmtech stated there would be no new mods and they would concentrate on the chip/board for other manufacturers. Even that may have ended as the chip hasn't been definitively spotted in the wild.

We may have reached the end of the road. If you have your mods, congratulations. If not, you may want to be careful dealing with a company that has already stated their obsolescence. We don't even see representatives from them posting here, leading me to believe the casket has been closed.

I still am thankful I got the 5 mods from them that I did. All 5 orders from Vaporcube arrived quickly, with nary a glitch. Hate to see Hohmtech and Vaporcube disappear; where will I get Skillet coils?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update. This just in:

Hi,

VaporCube and 1000's of other magento websites were affected by recent update that broke the email and internal communication ticket system. They are working on it but at the moment they aren't receiving any emails and are trying to fix. Magento supposedly can't be updated backwards to old version so they are stuck from what I've heard.

Social Media:

https://www.instagram.com/hohmtech/

https://www.facebook.com/hohmtech/

https://www.youtube.com/c/HohmTechCorp

Hohm LIFE cells: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/hohmlife/

Hohm Tech IG: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/hohmtech/

Just like our products, this email is Hohm Made…

Thank you,

Jacob Jackson

Sales & Support

626-962-2823

Hohm Tech, Corp.

www.hohmtech.com

The fucking Vaporcube site is affected, and they are leaving it up!

Fuck the bozos. Double.

Update. I had to buy another mod, to get the first one I bought shipped. Vaporcube has said that they will refund me for the first mod, but as of now, have not done so. We shall see.

Last edited:

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Must be nice to get even offered a refund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I've gotten in response to the two messages I've left for them are automatically generated emails.

"Thank you for submitting your ticket to our staff. We will response to your ticket as soon as possible.

Here is your original message:"

WTF? I don't need my original message emailed back to me, I wrote the fucking thing after all. Just a reply,like "sorry for the delay, it's shipped" or "Its busy, give us a few more days" or even "you are fucking beat for your mod."

I created the tickets a day apart, and from the ticket numbers, I can see only 4 have been created in 24 hours. What company cannot answer 4 emails in 2 days?

No telephone number I could find on their site, I don't even know what city they are in. Not what I'd describe as stellar customer service.

No way to even cancel the order.

Still not shipped??

kh1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought I read a post awhile back where the person said they walked into the Vapercube store.
Not sure if that is the case. Anyone?

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I read a post awhile back where the person said they walked into the Vapercube store.
Not sure if that is the case. Anyone?

My guess would be you're thinking of the Hohm Tech store. Someone has posted about visiting their store and getting the firmware updated on their device. I don't recall anyone talking about a VaporCube store.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My guess would be you're thinking of the Hohm Tech store. Someone has posted about visiting their store and getting the firmware updated on their device. I don't recall anyone talking about a VaporCube store.

Vaporcube aka Vapor Papa Inc. is located at 121 E Arrow Hwy San Dimas, CA Hohmtech indicated to me that Hohmtech has techs there, and they seem to think Vaporcube are a great bunch.

Came across this yesterday.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/whiskeys-corner-3.261445/page-488#post-1591336

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well -- this sucks to read today.

I ordered from VaporCube last night (Hohm Wrecker G2) ... today, I have received THREE emails, with THREE different tracking numbers. I checked my CC this afternoon and have only been charged for one order (thank GOD!)

Guess we'll see how many MOD's I get in the mail. :gaah:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered from VaporCube last night (Hohm Wrecker G2) ... today, I have received THREE emails, with THREE different tracking numbers. I checked my CC this afternoon and have only been charged for one order (thank GOD!)

I assume from your avatar that you are in the US, so you probably will not be affected. As it was explained to me, the "glitch" was that the software displayed the option of free shipping, if you live outside of the US, via USPS.

Since the only shipping info on their site for orders outside of the US indicates USPS as the shipping method, at the checkout when it prompts for the address, it offers 3 shipping options, one being free.

a1.jpg

The first time I ordered, I selected the free shipping. That is the reason it was not shipped.

This makes sense. However, when I noticed that it was not being shipped, and opened tickets, none of the emails or tickets were answered. After several days, that is when I contacted Hohmtech, and got the story about the Magneto issue.

I've researched the Magneto issue, and there was a problem at the end of January, but it did not seem to affect the email.

The following is conjecture on my part.

I think that Vaporcube has no support, other than what is automated, I still have not received an email other than ones that are obviously automated.

I think Vaporcube makes their money selling their customers info. Read their Terms and Conditions, not exactly typical.

From their "About us"

We are a small group of entrepreneurs and visionaries that make the transition to vaping easy & affordable. Our team is diverse. Our team is educated. Our team is experienced. Collectively, we've invested more hours than it takes to get to the moon and back to be where we are today. We built a multimillion dollar eCommerce site from ground up

A multi million eCommerce site with no phone number. And no customer support per se. From the ground up apparently means off the shelf eCommerce software.

Vaporcube is a cash generation engine in my opinion. The product they sell is not vaping related, their product is us. The vape goods are just the bait.

If you buy any of their products, you need an account. By signing up for one, you are agreeing to Vaporcube selling your name, address, credit info, email address and other data to marketing firms, collection agencys, etc.

This explains why they can sell a Slice for $29. Look at how much new meat this "deal" has brought in for them. Even the shipping appears to be handled by a third party. All automated, and all works just fine until there is a problem that there is no programmed response for.

If they had a phone number, then they would need somebody to answer it. That detracts from profits.

Its a numbers game. Ordinarily, it runs smoothly, nobody ever reads the Terms and Conditions ( I didn't, until it was too late), and don't associate all the spam they later receive to the fine folks at the Vaporcube "family". The same "family" that just sold your current address and phone number to a collection agency. for $25 USD.

They probably are a syndicate that has many many similar sites, selling very cheap vitamins, diet supplements etc. Anything trendy and relevant as they see it.

If as it seems, Hohmtech is no longer going to continue selling mods to consumers, what better way to eliminate their inventory, than to sell it all to Vaporcube who just happens to be their service depot.

After the last Slice is sold, do you think there will be any warranty? I think not. There is no money in that. Which explains the current absence of warranty.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/whiskeys-corner-3.261445/page-488#post-1591336
It also explains why Hohmtech has their own people at Vaporcube as service techs.

As I said, just conjecture on my part. However, I often say this when I don't wish to reveal a source.

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well -- this sucks to read today.

Guess we'll see how many MOD's I get in the mail. :gaah:
If you end up with extra, I'll gladly take one off your hands. ;)

kh1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yeah, I think that was it, thanks. So, HohmTech does have a B&M retail store? Hmmm, I might not be far from there.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, update. My Slice actually arrived. Not the one I ordered though.

I ordered:

HΩ SLICE (Hohm SLICE) Single 26650 101W Temperature Control Box Mod
Color Black

Now, I had heard that the finish was not the best on this mod, and it was a while getting it, but this one has really faded.

CameraZOOM-20170223124855589.jpg CameraZOOM-20170223124836326.jpg

VU Sponsors