Become a Patron!

Hold my beer and watch this!

Podunk Steam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:D
Although the new schedule and being away from the house has really put me into tectonic gear I may end up with a little time to tinker on this today after a few more chores are done and I get the wheels on my new rolling tool chest for work. I know it sounds extremely cheap but a 1000 lbs rated 27 inch rolling tool chest for under $300.00 is something I thought I'd share. I bought the top box and rolling chest desperate and it made them cheaper as well as picking them up at HD which I've read to be the best way to go about it made them less expensive as well. Casters are rated at 1200 lbs or 300 each and each drawer at 100 lbs. I'll post again later with my opinion after I get the casters on the box and have a good look at it.

Yesterday another puzzle part came into play, I got my water slides, no not the amusement park type, the decal kind. ;)
IMG_20151011_080932_zpsv99upfe9.jpg

Edit: From what I have read these are a real steal too so if anyone is interested in my opinion I'll post a mini review in this thread once they show up.

Last edited:

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the tool rolling tool chest and love it.I split mine up and use the top part as a tool box on my work bench and the bottom as a mobile work bench. I may buy another set to keep all my mechanics tools in once I have a garage. Right now every thing is setup in the basement. Both are great quality and I love that the draws are on bearings and open really smooth.

Podunk Steam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Today was my first day using it and I know I could have done far worse for the money, seems to be an excellent investment. I do milling work at my new job so I bolted the top to the bottom and wheel the boxes around with me to different machines that I'm using.

VU Sponsors