Become a Patron!

Holy mother of all finds at the flea market!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This ain't got nothing to do with vaping, but I just gotta share...

So I was at the flea market this morning, like every Sunday. I was perusing a booth when I suddenly spotted a bland cardboard box with "Hewlett Packard" written on the side. Being a collector of old HP calculator, I opened the box and... my heart stopped: in the box were 9 HP48GX calculators and 6 HP-PC connectivity kits *ALL IN THEIR ORIGINAL, UNOPENED BOXES*!

I asked the lady how much she wanted for all this, trying to stay composed. She said "Oh that? It was my former husband's. He's left it behind when we divorced and I kicked him out of the house, and it's been crowding the attic ever since. So, let's say 15 euros for the whole box and you clear off that junk for me, yeah?"

fucking
euros...

She's gotta be joking...

But no, she wasn't joking. I'm now the proud owner of 15 rare pieces of HP memorabilia, probably worth at least 1500 euros! My adrenaline level still hasn't quite returned to normal :)

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This ain't got nothing to do with vaping, but I just gotta share...

So I was at the flea market this morning, like every Sunday. I was perusing a booth when I suddenly spotted a bland cardboard box with "Hewlett Packard" written on the side. Being a collector of old HP calculator, I opened the box and... my heart stopped: in the box were 9 HP48GX calculators and 6 HP-PC connectivity kits *ALL IN THEIR ORIGINAL, UNOPENED BOXES*!

I asked the lady how much she wanted for all this, trying to stay composed. She said "Oh that? It was my former husband's. He's left it behind when we divorced and I kicked him out of the house, and it's been crowding the attic ever since. So, let's say 15 euros for the whole box and you clear off that junk for me, yeah?"

fucking
euros...

She's gotta be joking...

But no, she wasn't joking. I'm now the proud owner of 15 rare pieces of HP memorabilia, probably worth at least 1500 euros! My adrenaline level still hasn't quite returned to normal :)
SCORE!!!! That's such a rush!! New mod time with that extra cash!!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SCORE!!!! That's such a rush!! New mod time with that extra cash!!

Hell no, I ain't selling! These will go in my private collection. I might sell em in 20 or 30 years, when they get REALLY valuable :)

getek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is an awesome find! I have two of them, one I use every day at work, the other is stored nicely in case my daily driver ever manages to wear out.
Best calculators ever.

VU Sponsors