Become a Patron!

How can I produce more steam?

Hello,
I just got the iStick Pico from Eleaf. Everything works fine but how can I get more steam out of it? I like to vape on 40W and the airflow almost completely closed. I use a 50-50 liquid.
I know beginners shouldn´t expect to vape like a pro and to do O Rings and stuff but I would like to try it and i feel like its only going to work with a more solid steam. Any tricks?

Regards

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More airflow and higher VG will both make a big difference...
More info about the atomizer will help with more tips...

Hello,
I just got the iStick Pico from Eleaf. Everything works fine but how can I get more steam out of it? I like to vape on 40W and the airflow almost completely closed. I use a 50-50 liquid.
I know beginners shouldn´t expect to vape like a pro and to do O Rings and stuff but I would like to try it and i feel like its only going to work with a more solid steam. Any tricks?

Regards

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You would burn your throat if steam was what comes out of a vaporizer

What Train said is good advice, open the airflow, the more air the more vapor and try a 70vg juice or higher if the atomizer can keep up on the wicking

Okay thank you and do you think a wattage of 40 is okay? I am currently using a coil with 0.24 shown on my screen.
I will get liquid with 70-30 and open my airflos, thanks very much!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watts, pick what works well for you...
You may be able to go a bit higher when there is more airflow as well - if it get's even a little "burnt" then it's too high...

Okay thank you and do you think a wattage of 40 is okay? I am currently using a coil with 0.24 shown on my screen.
I will get liquid with 70-30 and open my airflos, thanks very much!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your using the Melo 3 tank that comes with the full kit you may like the Aspire EVO Clapton coils better or the Aspire Triton Clapton's for a 2nd choice. I'm not a fan of the Eleaf coils personally.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
40W seems a bit low for a 0.24Ω coil, think that is only around 3 volts...I think the pico goes up to 70W, I'd try upping the watts and see how you like the vape

If you can get 0.5Ω coils for your tank that might be a better fit for you, 30-45W is usually good for that resistance

Okay I will try it, but what I realised when I tried on high wattage is that i can‘t get a long hit cause i am starting to cough. But maybe its because i had the airflow closed.
Thanks

And another question I have: In an O Ring tutorial I saw that u have to take lung hits. But when I take lung hits the vapor comes out very thin and not solid.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, but still, if i inhale directly into my lung and i hit more than 3-4 seconds it starts to taste roasted.
Either wattage is too high or airflow is too low or both.

the higher you go with wattage the more airflow you need to keep the coil from getting hot enough to burn the juice and or cotton.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a nice set up, I know you just started, I've been at it for almost 5 years. Any questions on equipment you want to buy, ask me and I'll give you an honest opinion cool........ By the way my name is Manny..... and you can watch some old school videos on my Youtube channel...... OK..... Look me Up....... MannyScoot

VU Sponsors