Become a Patron!

How do I get adjusted to juice with nic?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wasn't sure if this went here or in the health related. Anywho, Let me say that I have a bad case of Tourette's. S I was at a vape shop I don't normally go to and the guy behind the counter notices my tics. He asked if I have Tourette's Syndrome. I told him yes and he was saying that nicotine will help calm my tics. I didn't believe him but I went home and looked it up to see if he was bullshitting. He wasn't. There was a scientific study done with nicotine patches and it helped a majority of the patients. I just bought a bottle of juice from the regular store and I asked for 3mg. My buddy goes you mean 0mg right? I explained to him why I wanted nic and he told me that it was true. I vape the juice for a few. After the 4th or 5th pull, I had a harsh exhale and I felt a little dizzy. Will I ever get used to this? I've never vaped with nic so that explains why I feel this way. If you're wondering why I started vaping, It's only because I had a bad habit of chewing things. Like I'd go to dunkin donuts and order a coffee, on the way out, I'd grab a coffee stir and chew on it. No reason. A good friend of mine suggested vaping and I tried it and loved it. Anyway, how should I vape this juice? Slowly but a few times a day? I'm not sure. Any input is appreciated.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If 3mg is kicking you, you could buy another bottle od the same flavor at zero nic and mix them to make a juice that's 1.5mg.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will get used to it-no different than smoking and the initial light headed feeling. But be aware that as you must know, nicotine is addictive-just go into it with the knowledge that your body will grow accustomed to having the nic, and will have withdrawal affects when it doesn't get the amount it "gets used to".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will get used to it-no different than smoking and the initial light headed feeling. But be aware that as you must know, nicotine is addictive-just go into it with the knowledge that your body will grow accustomed to having the nic, and will have withdrawal affects when it doesn't get the amount it "gets used to".

What are the symptoms of withdrawal? So I know when it happens?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great responses above. Just want to add a couple of thoughts. In your position I would try to use the lowest dose that helped. That will keep any dependence you might develop to a minimum.

I usually vape zero-nic juice and when I want some nic I drip a few drops of juice with nic into whatever atty I'm vaping at the time, both drippers and tanks. Doing that I can also use any nic content. If it's 12 mg I drip say 3-4 drops and if it's 3 mg I drip more. I make all my juices so I mix what I want, but as Markw4mms said you can mix store bought juices with different nic levels to get what you want too.

I think you're on the right track in keeping an open mind about dosage. If you experiment with this you might find you only need a few drags of nic per hour or maybe only a few times a day. I have no medical background so I know nothing about this stuff, it just seems logical to me that these possibilities exist.

Best of luck with it and let us know how it works out for you!

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the symptoms of withdrawal? So I know when it happens?

If you develop a dependence on nicotine, and it's not certain in my mind that you will specially if you don't use much, IMO the symptoms will be very mild. Nothing physical, more along the line of feeling a need for nic because you're missing it.

I smoked for 37 years and I needed a lot of willpower to switch to vaping with nic. I started lowering my nic levels after 3 months, was at zero nic 6 months later and stayed there for another 6 months. I found it much harder to quit smoking than I did to lower my nic intake to zero.

Last edited:

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you develop a dependence on nicotine, and it's not certain in my mind that you will specially if you don't use much, IMO the symptoms will be very mild. Nothing physical, more along the line of feeling a need for nic because you're missing it.

I smoked for 37 years and I needed a lot of willpower to switch to vaping with nic. I started lowering my nic levels after 3 months, was at zero nic 6 months later and stayed there for another 6 months. I found it much harder to quit smoking than I did to lower my nic intake to zero.
I'm most likely saying this now. But I don't think I'm going to get addicted. I'm doing this as more or less a fun experiment.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine withdrawal is actually considered one of the harder "drugs" to quit. You have receptors in your body and nicotine binds to them. It causes the release of dopamine. Its complicated, but consider the fact that the "addiction" has enough of a pull to cause people to continue doing something that will kill them....I repeat....continue doing something that will kill them. Now, vaping is different than smoking in the sense that there are other chemicals in smoking that help keep addiction in full gear, so I believe yes, quitting vaping or cutting back may indeed be easier, but it's still addicting.

If nicotine indeed helps your issues, then awesome! Just know all the facts before diving into it :)

Oh and to attempt to answer your question, nicotine withdrawal:

intense cravings for nicotine
tingling in the hands and feet
sweating
nausea and intestinal cramping
headaches
coughing, sore throat
insomnia
difficulty concentrating
anxiety
irritability
depression
weight gain

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Irritability is putting it mildly. I become a hateful, anger-filled, bitch. I tell people that vaping keeps me from getting stabby. They think I'm joking.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of us ex-smoker started with much higher nicotine and still didn't get as low as 3mg, and some never intend to go that low.
I guess for a non smoker, any amount of nicotine is too much, but you will get used to it eventually.
It feels strange promoting nicotine to a non smoker, but I guess your case is unique.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think there's a few things missing here..

What kind of vape gear did they set you up with ? Whats the flavour and VG/PG ratio of the juice ? Are you directly inhaling to your lungs, or doing it more cigarette style (mouth to lung "MTL") ? Sort of hard to explain MTL to a non-smoker, but perhaps like drinking thru a straw .. where you suck some vapor into your mouth and then inhale it into your lungs.

The 3mg nic should be okay (for a non-smoker), if you do notice a decrease in your tics and want more effect you could either vape more or alternatively, increase your nic level.

Some flavours can cause some people odd feelings.. if I mix a particular raspberry juice in with my tobacco flavour, I immediately get a queasy feeling.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If that was 4 or 5 pulls, one right after the other, space it out more. Chain vaping will get anyone queasy if done long enough.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think there's a few things missing here..

What kind of vape gear did they set you up with ? Whats the flavour and VG/PG ratio of the juice ? Are you directly inhaling to your lungs, or doing it more cigarette style (mouth to lung "MTL") ? Sort of hard to explain MTL to a non-smoker, but perhaps like drinking thru a straw .. where you suck some vapor into your mouth and then inhale it into your lungs.

The 3mg nic should be okay (for a non-smoker), if you do notice a decrease in your tics and want more effect you could either vape more or alternatively, increase your nic level.

Some flavours can cause some people odd feelings.. if I mix a particular raspberry juice in with my tobacco flavour, I immediately get a queasy feeling.
I bought Kiwi Berry Lemonade by the Lemonade stand. It's a line that my local shop produced. The VG/PG ratio is 80/20. My setup is a Kennedy RDA with a clapton dual coil. I have a custom made box mod. It isn't regulated. So the only limit is what's built. I'm not sure how to describe how I inhale. I inhale the vapor hold it for a sec and exhale.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like a serious hit machine. Since you were never a paper-stick smoker, you could probably dont need a high PG level, as you are not looking for the throat hit feeling that an ex-smoker wants. But, 80/20 is into the serious 'cloud' ratios, afaik. Perhaps you react to the high VG ?
If you can, try a small bottle of something more even, like 50/50, and maybe with less sweetness (unless you're getting used to the sweet vape flavour by now ?).. you can get even a non-flavoured vape (with whatever nic level you want).

Unregulated custom box mod for a newbie ?? I'd have some concerns with a shop that sold you that one.. maybe one of the more seasoned pros can verify if what you're into is skirting the danger zone or not..

Direct to lung (aka "DL") is when you inhale straight into your lungs, like pulling on a joint .. or like regular breathing. Mouth to lung ("MTL") is when you suck the vapour into your mouth first like drinking through a straw, and then inhale it into your lungs. I read somewhere that vaped nic is absorbed more readily via your mouth surfaces , not like cigarettes where it's absorbed more in your lung linings.. so, depending on your vape style, you will have a different reaction to the nic levels / amount vaped.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would start much lower than 3 mg. I vape 0.75 mg but gear has a lot to with the amount, too, I guess. Used to do 18. Took a loooong time to cut that down.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm most likely saying this now. But I don't think I'm going to get addicted. I'm doing this as more or less a fun experiment.
OK first of nicotine is not that addictive...they've done studies on lab rats and getting them addicted to nicotine wasn't that easy...what alot of smokers become addicted to from smoking is not nicotine so much as the MAOIs in smoking many of which act as antidepressants. 80% of schizophrenics smoke....so if you just ingest nicotine the withdraw is nowhere near as bad as kicking smoking.
as for the nic...nobody starts out smoking 2 packs day...it takes them years to buid up to that...you start low and build up...when somebody starts smoking they have the same experince you have and generally just smoke very little...the other alternative is that you are using vape gear that may not be the best gear for what you want to acommplish..try getting gear with a single coil and vape at low watts you will consume less juice and less nicotine. rahter than low sub ohm set ups try vaping 1 ohm or above it will let you have something in your mouth without using so much juice.

Last edited:

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like a serious hit machine. Since you were never a paper-stick smoker, you could probably dont need a high PG level, as you are not looking for the throat hit feeling that an ex-smoker wants. But, 80/20 is into the serious 'cloud' ratios, afaik. Perhaps you react to the high VG ?
If you can, try a small bottle of something more even, like 50/50, and maybe with less sweetness (unless you're getting used to the sweet vape flavour by now ?).. you can get even a non-flavoured vape (with whatever nic level you want).

Unregulated custom box mod for a newbie ?? I'd have some concerns with a shop that sold you that one.. maybe one of the more seasoned pros can verify if what you're into is skirting the danger zone or not..

Direct to lung (aka "DL") is when you inhale straight into your lungs, like pulling on a joint .. or like regular breathing. Mouth to lung ("MTL") is when you suck the vapour into your mouth first like drinking through a straw, and then inhale it into your lungs. I read somewhere that vaped nic is absorbed more readily via your mouth surfaces , not like cigarettes where it's absorbed more in your lung linings.. so, depending on your vape style, you will have a different reaction to the nic levels / amount vaped.
Well, I agree with the first part of your post. But, I'm not a newbie. I've been vaping long enough to know what I'm doing. As for how I got it, it was a gift. Direct to lung sounds like how I inhale, given that the Kennedy is all bottom air flow and there's a lot of it.
I would start much lower than 3 mg. I vape 0.75 mg but gear has a lot to with the amount, too, I guess. Used to do 18. Took a loooong time to cut that down.
I would start lower. But the closest vape shop doesn't have house juice lower than 3mg not counting 0mg
OK first of nicotine is not that addictive...they've done studies on lab rats and getting them addicted to nicotine wasn't that easy...what alot of smokers become addicted to from smoking is not nicotine so much as the MAOIs in smoking many of which act as antidepressants. 80% of schizophrenics smoke....so if you just ingest nicotine the withdraw is nowhere near as bad as kicking smoking.
as for the nic...nobody starts out smoking 2 packs day...it takes them years to buid up to that...you start low and build up...when somebody starts smoking they have the same experince you have and generally just smoke very little...the other alternative is that you are using vape gear that may not be the best gear for what you want to acommplish..try getting gear with a single coil and vape at low watts you will consume less juice and less nicotine. rahter than low sub ohm set ups try vaping 1 ohm or above it will let you have something in your mouth without using so much juice.

I was actually thinking of getting a new mod. Wanted to take a step back so if I didn't feel like using anything big. I could use something less powerful. I don't know the term for the mod but I was thinking of a mod that has a built in tank. It's more or less you buy the mod and put the juice directly into it.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@creeperfan5236 In that case you get 3 mg and 0 mg and mix. No big deal. Same flavor juice. You may even like it better. Just use a different bottle. You can adjust to what you want.

VU Sponsors