Become a Patron!

How do I prevent Vanillin from recrystallizing in my DIY E-Juice?

I am working on a french vanilla and I put the french vanilla concentrate (PG) in with vanillin crystals inside a bottle along with some VG. Then dropped the bottle in a heat bath for several minutes. Then when the crystals melted I put the juice in a dark place to steep for about 5 days. Then I took it out and vaped on it and it tasted great but then about 3 days of vaping I noticed the vanillin started recrystallizing in my e liquid. What can I do to stop this from happening?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you just have to shake it hard each time you use it, before you load up the tank.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Easiest way I've learned is to dissolve the Vanillin in PG, make a concentrate and use that in your mix.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Take the crystals and put them in a bottle of PG, shake it and warm it up to dissolve them. This way, you can add a few drops or whatever to the mix you are making. Better than adding pure vanillin to the juice itself, plus it avoids the issues with re-crystalization.

Take the crystals and put them in a bottle of PG, shake it and warm it up to dissolve them. This way, you can add a few drops or whatever to the mix you are making. Better than adding pure vanillin to the juice itself, plus it avoids the issues with re-crystalization.

Ok I will have to try that. How much vanillin would you recommend to put in the pg?

VU Sponsors