Become a Patron!

How do you bathroom?

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Dementor and I have been watching a lot of those shows where they take a crap house and remodel it into something much nicer. One thing I've noticed is they almost always make a huge master bathroom with double sinks. They're always really nice but I keep wondering just how much room a bathroom needs to have, and why double sinks? Do couples really use the bathroom at the same time? Is it just us that don't see ever using the sink at the same time so that we need two of them?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
in my book the only couples who do use the bathroom together are the newer generation ie young 18-25 born after 1997. personally if my bathroom could support it i want to toilets and a large size bathtub but not in the same area. id rather have two seperate bathrooms. a His and a Her styled to each persons needs and wants.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Dementor and I have been watching a lot of those shows where they take a crap house and remodel it into something much nicer. One thing I've noticed is they almost always make a huge master bathroom with double sinks. They're always really nice but I keep wondering just how much room a bathroom needs to have, and why double sinks? Do couples really use the bathroom at the same time? Is it just us that don't see ever using the sink at the same time so that we need two of them?

Hah - Mr Juicy is sloppy and cleans up after himself poorly, if at all. I love double sinks. His shit is on the left, mine on the right. He can leave the lid off of his toothpaste, never rinse after whatever he does, etc. And I have a nice clean sink every time I use it.

EDIT: We never use the bathroom at the same time - though we have used the sunken tub together :D

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hah - Mr Juicy is sloppy and cleans up after himself poorly, if at all. I love double sinks. His shit is on the left, mine on the right. He can leave the lid off of his toothpaste, never rinse after whatever he does, etc. And I have a nice clean sink every time I use it.

EDIT: We never use the bathroom at the same time - though we have used the sunken tub together :D

I can see that, or if he's a metrosexual and needs tons of space for his own shit. :giggle: I just don't see using the bathroom at the same time like some of these couples talk about. I don't want to be brushing my teeth when he's in the shower, much less if he's taking a shit. :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't want to be brushing my teeth when he's in the shower, much less if he's taking a shit.

Fuck that noise!

We both agreed before we ever moved in together that the bathroom is a private place :p

Now, it's just the two of us in a big house with two master bathrooms, so we don't even have to split the sinks, mercifully

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fuck that noise!

We both agreed before we ever moved in together that the bathroom is a private place :p

Now, it's just the two of us in a big house with two master bathrooms, so we don't even have to split the sinks, mercifully

We just have one small bathroom. I would like it to be a little bigger but I don't see the need for these huge bathrooms that they make now. He never comes into the bathroom when I'm in there, unless I'm in the shower and he comes to see if the dog is with me. Then he usually pinches my ass and leaves. The only time I go in the bathroom when he's in there is if he's showering and I really, REALLY need to pee.

What's fun is when The Dementor decides she does need to pee after all while I'm showering. The toilet is right in front of the shower, it looks directly at it about 3 feet away. And we have a clear shower curtain liner. Good times. :giggle:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If doors open... come on in at own risk...... if closed beware and avoid......

Wife and I have always used the room together. We are 51 and 56.... we do tend to give each other space. Who wants to watch someone shit. But even then if we need to be in there together we don't shy away.

Besides it fun flushing the toilet when wife is rinsing hair or shaving legs in shower.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My next house will have at least two bathrooms in order to avoid having to wait..but double sinks in one bathroom seems silly
though the old lady often has to brush her teeth in the kitchen sink while the boy brushes his in the bathroom.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But just how big does it need to be? I swear, some of the ones they're making are like friggin ballrooms. :giggle:
I've been looking at make-over stuff and have seen some palatial bathrooms lately.
One in particular had 2 sinks complete with double vanity and double med chest,
a toilet, a bidet, a big ass tub, a jacuzzi, AND a separate shower.

I can see the separate tub and jacuzzi, beats me why..but a tub with shower and a separate shower saddened me.
What ever happened to "Save water, shower with a friend"?

Then I freaked myself out when I told the old lady we should look for a house with
enough bedrooms that we could have separate bedrooms, one for her and one for me...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

We lived in an apt for 11 yrs that had the double sinks in the main and only full-bathroom (downstairs was just a powder room), and it's actually a great feature for a man and woman who share a bathroom -- makeup and hair stuff on one side, shaving/beard care stuff at the other. It worked out well for us. But I like it better now that we have separate bedrooms AND separate bathrooms. :D

Andria

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When my wife and I get a new house the most important thing to me is the bathroom. I want two sinks because she gripes at me for not cleaning up after trimming my beard and I gripe at her for all of her extras. She's good about makeup because she keeps it in a bag. But small buckets of hair ties and Bobby pins, tweezers, floss (I only use floss picks). I have a particular toothpaste that I like but she hates, I have a particular type of hairbrush that I prefer. Stuff like that. I also want a garden tub and separate. And for some goofy reason, I have always wanted a stand alone urinal in my bathroom. Never seen one in a house but I would love it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
alot of women really like the idea of having their own sink and medicine cabniets it is a luxury to them, just as the big walk in closet is a luxury to them I've built cabniets for walk in closets that are bigger than most people's bedrooms.It is quite common to see homes that have 100,000 dollar kitchens for people who eat out in resturants most of the time....part of it is a status thing the other part is it adds value to the property.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I live alone, but dream about a huge walk in shower with bench. Would love to do away with tub/shower combo. If I could make myself live with another person separate vanities would be essential.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
alot of women really like the idea of having their own sink and medicine cabniets it is a luxury to them, just as the big walk in closet is a luxury to them I've built cabniets for walk in closets that are bigger than most people's bedrooms.It is quite common to see homes that have 100,000 dollar kitchens for people who eat out in resturants most of the time....part of it is a status thing the other part is it adds value to the property.

I'd like a bigger kitchen, as I only have about 3 feet of usable counter space for prep work and whatnot. And I'd like a bit more storage space (our kitchen is pretty small) but when I see some of the ginormous kitchens these people have, I wonder just how much shit they need to store in the kitchen cupboards. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I live alone, but dream about a huge walk in shower with bench. Would love to do away with tub/shower combo. If I could make myself live with another person separate vanities would be essential.

I would truly LOVE to replace my combo tub/shower with one of those nice walk-in showers... but the expense!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I'd love a slightly larger bathroom vanity too, but... same problem. There's about 6" of vacant space between my current vanity and the toilet, and everytime I walk in there, I envision a slightly longer vanity... but unless we win some big bucks on a lottery, I doubt it will ever happen. :sad:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd like a bigger kitchen, as I only have about 3 feet of usable counter space for prep work and whatnot. And I'd like a bit more storage space (our kitchen is pretty small) but when I see some of the ginormous kitchens these people have, I wonder just how much shit they need to store in the kitchen cupboards. :giggle:

I had that problem at the last house we rented before we bought this one. When we walked into this house, and turned the corner into the kitchen... I said "Ok, I'm home. Gimme the contract!" :giggle:

cleankitchen.jpg

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yoweee - can't hardly eat out of a microwave and would be the first appliance I'd ditch if I had to downgrade

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had that problem at the last house we rented before we bought this one. When we walked into this house, and turned the corner into the kitchen... I said "Ok, I'm home. Gimme the contract!" :giggle:

View attachment 93331

Andria

That's actually bigger than our kitchen and has more storage, believe it or not. And yet our current kitchen is huge compared to the one we had in our previous duplex. We have run into the problem now that we need to replace our refrigerator (well, it's needed replacing for about 2 years now) but the space where it goes is such that new models won't fit. :(

A kitchen only needs a toaster oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and sink.

If my husband kicks the bucket before me, I'm kicking everyone out, selling the house and buying one of those tiny homes on a lake somewhere. All I need is a small fridge, sink and a counter top oven/toaster oven combo thing that I recently bought and absolutely love. And maybe a hot plate.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A kitchen only needs a toaster oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and sink.

Got all that, plus that lovely smooth-top range. :) But anyone who cooks knows that counterspace is REQUIRED -- there has to be a place to work, and the more ambitious the meal, the more space is needed.

Plus, my kitchen doubles as "Vape Central," not just for me now, but also for my son. :D And now that he's home and we have to stock more food, we're revisiting the idea of a separate small freezer, for the nicotine, so the actual freezer only needs to hold FOOD! My husband went along with giving up half the freezer, including the space for ice cream, for my nicotine, but my son, even though he's a vaper too, is as big a fan of ice cream as my husband, so now it's 2 to 1 in favor of ice cream. :facepalm:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

View attachment 93331

Andria
Is the frying pan for the son or husband? Great kitchen.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is the frying pan for the son or husband? Great kitchen.

Heh, actually that's a very lightweight aluminum, which doesn't do well on the smooth-top, it's so light -- it has a tendency spin around at the slightest touch. So I bought another that's much heavier! It's also a T-Fal, so the non-stick coating is superb!

But I swear, since my son came home and became a vaper, that end counter where the little chest is, is where all the vape magic happens, and it's always in a huge mess and uproar now, between the two of us both making ejuice, charging batteries, getting the vise over there to make/mount coils... *sigh* I really need a whole separate kitchen, just for vaping! That open cabinet over it, that's where all my flavors live, and my husband, the man in charge of putting away clean dishes, insists that it remain open, or the mingled smell of 20-odd fruits, 10 tobaccos, and 3-4 coffees just about knocks him down. :giggle:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I can understand that. I have no where to set up mix station. Will probably start at my cousin's down the road until I can get a hold of a cheap table. At least I have a cabinet I can free up until I get some totes for my grandmother's things. I just can't part with her things, tho they could have funded diy journey.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's actually bigger than our kitchen and has more storage, believe it or not. And yet our current kitchen is huge compared to the one we had in our previous duplex. We have run into the problem now that we need to replace our refrigerator (well, it's needed replacing for about 2 years now) but the space where it goes is such that new models won't fit. :(

If my husband kicks the bucket before me, I'm kicking everyone out, selling the house and buying one of those tiny homes on a lake somewhere. All I need is a small fridge, sink and a counter top oven/toaster oven combo thing that I recently bought and absolutely love. And maybe a hot plate.
Get one of those induction hot plates.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Get one of those induction hot plates.

I don't like induction stuff. Prefer just a simple stove. When I first got married, we didn't have a stove and couldn't afford one yet so we used my inlaws' 2-burner camping stove for several months. And an electric frying pan. :cool:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't like induction stuff. Prefer just a simple stove. When I first got married, we didn't have a stove and couldn't afford one yet so we used my inlaws' 2-burner camping stove for several months. And an electric frying pan. :cool:
yeah but you can set an induction hot plate on 100 and heat steep!
:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can understand that. I have no where to set up mix station. Will probably start at my cousin's down the road until I can get a hold of a cheap table. At least I have a cabinet I can free up until I get some totes for my grandmother's things. I just can't part with her things, tho they could have funded diy journey.

Heh... I didn't think it would take much room... :facepalm:

Mine went from:
veryfirst.jpg next_01-mysetup_3-10-14.jpg

Then to:
then_thevapecounter.jpg

And now...
dbl-mess-10-6-17.jpg

The Vape Collection That Ate My Kitchen. :facepalm:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My stove is old and have thought about buying an induction hot plate as a just incase.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My stove is old and have thought about buying an induction hot plate as a just incase.
Only downside is that induction heaters will not work with all cookware. And never with glass cookware.

the heater itself does not get hot the magnetic field makes the cookware get hot.

VU Sponsors