Become a Patron!

how do you get a real dense vapor

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to know what people do personally to get a real dense vapor...what atty or build or wire that gives them a big chewy vape with dense clouds.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Triple parallel 28's. Fused claptons with 36g or finer. Even single-core claptons with fine enough outer wire can easily accomplish this. One of my favorite chewy vapes is 40 over single-core 24g. I do 10 wraps over 3mm for my series mod. Might wanna take a wrap or two out and try it that way on a 100w+ box. The most important thing is that you work some pretty fine wire into the build. Higher-gauge, higher resistance builds with lots of surface area. Claptons work well for this because of the self-wicking properties. The juice in the coil really brings the density up.

Also, shorties. It's all about the shorties. It needs a lot of airflow going into a tiny chamber with a reasonably-narrow drip tip. They really bring that full, lush texture out of those flavor builds. My favorite atty for the kind of vape you're talking about is the Snubnose. Simple 38/28 or 38/26 dual claptons churn out that texture and density on that atty. I usually stay in the range of .6-.8 because I'm running them on a series mod. You could probably just build a little lower and do something similar on a reggie box. Actually, you could get away with fused versions of those builds that way because the resistance can be lower.

Series mods are really great for getting that heavy vape, though. You've just got so much power for your surface area. The density on the builds you can do at 8.4v volts is just unreal. The vapor feels like taffy. Very smooth, bold and velvety. Even standard dual 28's or 26's can be pretty magical in something a bit more closed off... ...I like those builds a lot in my Sapor and even the Lush with the 510 tip and a row blocked off.

I'm sure any derringer-style RDA loaded up with a bulky, but fine multi-gauge wire build and dropped on a high-powered mod will get you there pretty easily. Those rigs just lend themselves to that really gooey, heavy vape. The vapor production is massive, but the clouds aren't huge. You get super-dense clouds that fall out of your mouth instead of the more common billowy ones that shoot 8 feet into the air. They pour out like a liquid, or maybe a drop of dye in water. I love running those kinds of setups.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So how much wire do you buy to build claptons? Do you get like 100 foot rolls or do you need larger?

Edit: I am talking the outer wire.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find Clapton's give a wetter vape but its not as dense. Single wire coils are better at making full thick Vapor.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how much wire do you buy to build claptons? Do you get like 100 foot rolls or do you need larger?

you don't need that much to get started ....the finer gauge wire that is on the outside of fused claptons or alien coils really eat up alot of wire but I have 6 diffrenet gauges of wire, and I don't buy any gauge in less than 100feet... a 100 ft of wire you can build a lot of coils.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find Clapton's give a wetter vape but its not as dense. Single wire coils are better at making full thick Vapor.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk
OK...so what do you do to get that thick vape.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For the outer wire, you're going to want at least 250" to start you off. To do a foot and a half of clapton, you need somewhere between 10 and 20 feet of outer wire. I mean, you can get 100' rolls to try different guages and types, but you're only going to be able to make 10-15 coils, assuming you don't waste much of it, which you will. Little mistakes can cost you 10 feet of wire really easily. It happens, even to experienced drill-hogs.

It's probably best to have a lot starting off. The technique takes a few attempts to get a feel for. And after that, you're going to have to experiment with the builds. It'll go faster than you expect it to. I remember when I started on claptons. I blew through a 100ft roll in my first sitting, just trying to figure out the best way to make them. By the time I had it down, I was out of wire.

I tend to buy 500 and 1000 foot rolls of the wire that I always use. They last a good long time. I have probably made at least 40 coils off of the same 1000' roll of 38g kanthal D and I still have a little less than half of it left.

Last edited:

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@robot zombie
Kanthal D? Not A1?
Yep. It's cheaper and works just the same for outer wire. It's similar to A1, but can't take quite as much heat (still more than enough for vaping.) Whether it be A1 or D, kanthal is kanthal.

I would actually recommend the D over A1 for outer wire. It doesn't affect performance. It's just cheaper to buy in bulk than A1 is when you can track it down. I buy mine from this guy on ebay. He sells thousand foot rolls of 38, 40, and 46 gauge kanthal D for less than 10 bucks. Really good deal.

VU Sponsors