Become a Patron!

How do you save money on liquid?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
wow,,, i would chain vape when left to my own,,,,,,,,,do you change flavors at every refill? i am learning coils now.(and mine are ugly) just to keep whatever im vaping tasting decent... and i struggle with it as juices tend to get old on my tongue real quick. they stay old to me for a few days then suddenly its like..;hey where you been' and they are fine.

besides constantly building coils,, any suggestions? i just got a IGO w14 deep well rda,, its ok,, i am sure it will get better when me and the coils become friends lol===thanks,, for any advise
Thats one reason I like VVV and you will notice it using other brands that use the same profile. Flavors that are not "In Your Face" and are slightly muted, they dont get old as fast and you can use them all day. Flavors that are intense get old fast as they loose their flavor profile on your glands within a few draws. Your builds wont remedy it unless your vaping above 1.0 Ohms.
I like a 2 x 22K/46N80 Fused Clapton but if you can build them then go with a Dual Parallel 22g build.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats one reason I like VVV and you will notice it using other brands that use the same profile. Flavors that are not "In Your Face" and are slightly muted, they dont get old as fast and you can use them all day. Flavors that are intense get old fast as they loose their flavor profile on your glands within a few draws. Your builds wont remedy it unless your vaping above 1.0 Ohms.
I like a 2 x 22K/46N80 Fused Clapton but if you can build them then go with a Dual Parallel 22g build.

thanks,, i have never vaped over .50 ohms (on purpose) except for what ever the aspire stick pen thing was (i gave it away) i was just watching old videos about silica wicks,, wondering if i should try that as i tend to get too much or too little or too off balance on my cotton. (my coils are ugly,, but they do ok on ohms and get all red then blue if i push them.

i am not currently 'dedicated' to sub ohm,,,only because i know no different (kangertech topbox) + a small variety of lame/nice rda's.

i have a LPG (?) copper stick mechanical coming from fasttech soon..

thanks for your reply,, your remark about 1 ohm will lead me to think about jumping up there....as for flavors,, i will have to work on that,, i like really bold flavors and coconut

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
thanks,, i have never vaped over .50 ohms (on purpose) except for what ever the aspire stick pen thing was (i gave it away) i was just watching old videos about silica wicks,, wondering if i should try that as i tend to get too much or too little or too off balance on my cotton. (my coils are ugly,, but they do ok on ohms and get all red then blue if i push them.

i am not currently 'dedicated' to sub ohm,,,only because i know no different (kangertech topbox) + a small variety of lame/nice rda's.

i have a LPG (?) copper stick mechanical coming from fasttech soon..

thanks for your reply,, your remark about 1 ohm will lead me to think about jumping up there....as for flavors,, i will have to work on that,, i like really bold flavors and coconut
I also have a LPG, I top it with a Derringer or Hobo...I usually use a .7-.9 Ohm build in it for battery life..
I dont think Silica will help as its old technology and theres a good reason its not used in anything modern, pick yourself up some Cotton Bacon V2 and never look back, its the best wicking material Ive ever used-No Break in time, flavor is on point from the first vape and its heat/burn resistant and when it does get singed you wont taste it every draw like most cottons.
It doesnt matter how you coils look as long as they work for you, making them look nice is just a downfall of being a perfectionist ;)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have a LPG, I top it with a Derringer or Hobo...I usually use a .7-.9 Ohm build in it for battery life..
I dont think Silica will help as its old technology and theres a good reason its not used in anything modern, pick yourself up some Cotton Bacon V2 and never look back, its the best wicking material Ive ever used-No Break in time, flavor is on point from the first vape and its heat/burn resistant and when it does get singed you wont taste it every draw like most cottons.
It doesnt matter how you coils look as long as they work for you, making them look nice is just a downfall of being a perfectionist ;)
ditto coil remarks,,, :),,, noted on cotton notes. my coils are good enough to last a week or so before becoming to gunked up to clean/use.. but i do try to change the cotton out at least once a day,, sometimes more with major flavor changes.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ditto coil remarks,,, :),,, noted on cotton notes. my coils are good enough to last a week or so before becoming to gunked up to clean/use.. but i do try to change the cotton out at least once a day,, sometimes more with major flavor changes.
What kind of coils are you using if I might ask? I have a twisted/helix build that's gone through over 300ml of juice (well over a month) and after dryburning and a quick rinse I have it sitting in my pile of used coils as it'd still work (I just don't use that setup anymore). So I'm curious as to why your coils are only lasting a week. I got some Alien coils from CrazyChef that I've put about 200ml through by now and they're still looking great, a little blackened but that's to be expected. With kanthal I don't consider them done until they go brown. SS well... I haven't outlasted a SS coil yet, thrown some away because they just weren't right and I had made better but that's it. The Kanthal though gets me at least a month.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What kind of coils are you using if I might ask? I have a twisted/helix build that's gone through over 300ml of juice (well over a month) and after dryburning and a quick rinse I have it sitting in my pile of used coils as it'd still work (I just don't use that setup anymore). So I'm curious as to why your coils are only lasting a week. I got some Alien coils from CrazyChef that I've put about 200ml through by now and they're still looking great, a little blackened but that's to be expected. With kanthal I don't consider them done until they go brown. SS well... I haven't outlasted a SS coil yet, thrown some away because they just weren't right and I had made better but that's it. The Kanthal though gets me at least a month.

I've used kanthal coils for up to 3 months, just dry-burning frequently (once or twice a week). Lately I've been snapping them about weekly, but I think it's because I've started fucking with them, raising, lowering, etc, and it kinda stresses the legs, which is where they break. As long as I don't constantly fuck around with them, they last a long time -- I only replace a functional coil when it just can't produce good flavor anymore, even when freshly dry-burned -- 2-3 months usually.

Andria

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i am complete noob in coils,, like 1-3 weeks when i have time,, and just got 'some' supplies. part of my problem is lack of use of my hands randomly.. (old job injury).. so for now my coils ugly as they are quite simple.. kanthal with 5 or 6 wraps. although i am thinking a good sturdy coil can last quite some time then its a matter of just swapping out cotton often. (my coils do seem to hold up to cotton changes.. but all that gunk makes me think they have lived their lives out.)

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i am complete noob in coils,, like 1-3 weeks when i have time,, and just got 'some' supplies. part of my problem is lack of use of my hands randomly.. (old job injury).. so for now my coils ugly as they are quite simple.. kanthal with 5 or 6 wraps. although i am thinking a good sturdy coil can last quite some time then its a matter of just swapping out cotton often. (my coils do seem to hold up to cotton changes.. but all that gunk makes me think they have lived their lives out.)
Should be able to get at least a couple weeks still, just pull the cotton out, then fire it till it starts to glow, pulse that a few times and it'll clean off most of the gunk. The coils should last until they turn brown or start to give a weak vape. Also if you haven't look into a jig like a "Coilmaster v3" makes coils nice and easy :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Could always buy some of my coils and they will last months...and I dont charge a arm and a leg like most..;)

VU Sponsors