Become a Patron!

how does pre-order work?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
This might seem like a stupid question but when a vendor states an item is in stock and then when I clicked-on the item it then says its a pre-order...and to confuse me even more they are closed and I can't call or email them at this time..
What does pre-order mean exactly?
How long does it take for your order to ship if it was "pre ordered"?
Thanks in advance!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every vendor is different so the ship times vary, 1-2-3-4 weeks, Pre-order is getting in line to get the item, paying for it in advance .

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vendor sometimes orders new items but advertises them before getting them in stock, sometimes they depend on the pre-order monies to pay for the items.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And you need to be careful with pre-orders.

These are normally for items that are brand new to the marketplace and therefore untried with no history or consumer reviews other than for a handful of advance items that are sent to well known reviewers prior to release to the vaping public at large.

And for each well known and legitimate vendor that is offering pre-orders for these items there are other vendors that are less well known or completely unknown. Some of these in the past have cheerfully taken hard earned vape dollars and never delivered the product as promised.

Me, I like to sit back and wait until the item in question has been sold and in use for at least a month or so and then look at what average Joe or Joan Vaper has to say about them before I go for my own credit card.

Just Saying...............................

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the reason I asked is because I just placed my first pre order with AtoZ Vapor (Phoenix) for the IPV3..the price was cheapest I found at $109..
Now I've ordered from these guys before without any issues but like I stated this is my first pre order..hope it goes OK..thx

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well the reason I asked is because I just placed my first pre order with AtoZ Vapor (Phoenix) for the IPV3..the price was cheapest I found at $109..
Now I've ordered from these guys before without any issues but like I stated this is my first pre order..hope it goes OK..thx

Then if you have a good history with this vendor delivering as promised you should have no problems.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then if you have a good history with this vendor delivering as promised you should have no problems.
No sooner I read your post I got this status update (screenshot of "my orders") stating its now in stock..probly won't get "your oder has shipped" email until Monday, or Tuesday hopefully..appreciate your reply Uncle, thx
a5040068b9db473400ec5b7ebfab195d.jpg

Last edited:

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
either way the ipv3 has been out for a while now. still 110$ is a pretty fair price tag, normal is 140-150$ range+/-

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i see your order has 2 26650 batteries...... do you have 18650s for the ipv3?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i see your order has 2 26650 batteries...... do you have 18650s for the ipv3?
Those are previous orders fulfilled already.. I have several 26650 mechs..
The only thing coming is the IPV3..status new...I have plenty of 18650 flat top batts rated at 35A I use in my 18650 mechs.. So I'm set...but thanks for asking..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@smacksy Just so you know, typically the batteries in a VV'VW device are married to the device. Meaning you buy a new set or two for the device, label them a and b and ONLY use them in that particular device.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I know..I have several sets of brand new 18650 35A efest batts still in their boxes never used...I get a discount buying in quantity at my local vape shop..thx for reminding me..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm on a few pre-orders....some for as long as two months. This is how I get super low serial numbers!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's always good to remember when on a pre-order for an authentic somethingorother....they can sell out whilst still in that status. If it is the last or only run on that item.....too bad, so sad.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pre-ordered the IPV3 but already got a email stating they now have them in stock..pre-order price was $109 with free 2 day priority shipping..this will be my very first VW mod and very first ever box mod..been using tube styled mechs..I just hope I like it! Lol

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to add my penny to the pot - sometimes vendors take 'back orders' when they are closed. Meaning that when they open they will process that order. Hope that adds another dimension to your question smacksy which I know has been sorted already.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smacksy, I've had nothing but good results from AtoZVaaporworld. I've ordered from them a few times and got exactly what I expected. They are on my goodguy list... which is a much shorter list than my badguy list.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Preorders to me are like that kid in the car asking his father are we there yet over and over. Were the kid the vendors the father lol the destination is the product shipping to you.:)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There is no reason to be a dick about it.
We have been working non stop today with all these china spammers.
We have had a guy linking to gofundme to fix his car, a guy linking to gofundme to buy camera equipment for reviews.
Even a guy trying to sell fake fucking money!

It was a simple question.
You're not a spammer.
She's not a dumbass.
Any questions?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He can't hear you Tom, he is too busy trying to get his head out of his Ass ATM

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That assumes he knows how to find his ass in the first place.

Then he will need further instructions using very small words and large colorful pictures.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no reason to be a dick about it.
We have been working non stop today with all these china spammers.
We have had a guy linking to gofundme to fix his car, a guy linking to gofundme to buy camera equipment for reviews.
Even a guy trying to sell fake fucking money!

It was a simple question.
You're not a spammer.
She's not a dumbass.
Any questions?

I prefer real fucking money. You get more fuck for your buck

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I prefer real fucking money. You get more fuck for your buck
I wish there was a "double like" button for replies like this :)

VU Sponsors