Become a Patron!

How long can you keep your coils

Spinhat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I built this about 3 weeks ago and I change the wicks about every 3-4 days and when I do that I heat up the coils then rinse them under the faucet. Just wondering how do you know when its time to change them, this build is time consuming so I want to keep using them but don't want it to be unhealthy for me. These coils look like they may have some rust on them also.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As long as they work and your ohms don't go wonky, vape it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not real sure about rinsing them.
I do a dry burn and use a small brush thingy used to clean between your teeth to remove the stubborn bits and ash.

I would say if they last a month you are doing well.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Until one breaks if you like the build. I can't seem to keep a build in for more then a day :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd say use them until they stop working. Going on 2 weeks with my current build and as long as the coils perform fine, I will keep using them until I feel like trying some new coils or using a different RDA.

The 'rust' could be several things.
It could just be built up gunk that didn't burn off completely or it could actually be rust.
Kanthal is an alloy that contains iron and iron can rust. But I don't know if kanthal itself can rust due to being an alloy. If it is rust, it could also be from other parts of the atty (ie, cheap zinc plated steel screws).

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
I have used the same build for weeks. but also I do not vape as much as some of you do..
I just got out my dripper today and went to clean it, it was NASTY but had been built for months and not been used in months, I couldn't get it to fire so time to rebuild. bad thing is its been a while about forgot how. That is a very nice looking build

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Week, max. I like building.

So I was wondering the same thing because i had found my perfect coil setup. Have not swapped them out yet and it has been in the 3-4 month range now no problems yet and have been doing the same thing you have. Dry fire and rinse has worked for my dual parallel 24g build.

VU Sponsors