Become a Patron!

how long does it take for your body to get used to lower nicotine juice

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
so i just tried dropping to 3 mil nic this month from vaping 6 mils before and finally was able to stop the cigs after a meal now too but i feel like the 3 mil nic just isnt doin the job and i am burning through my juice twice as fast my goal is to eventually get down to 0 nicotine i am worried that if i drop to 0 nic i will begin smokin cigs again and then be back at 2 cans of bugler each month again would be grateful for any advice or suggestions to get my goal done am thinking it would be better just double up on my juice next month until i begin to not chain vape as much like the way i am this month thx for any replies

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
so i just tried dropping to 3 mil nic this month from vaping 6 mils before and finally was able to stop the cigs after a meal now too but i feel like the 3 mil nic just isnt doin the job and i am burning through my juice twice as fast my goal is to eventually get down to 0 nicotine i am worried that if i drop to 0 nic i will begin smokin cigs again and then be back at 2 cans of bugler each month again would be grateful for any advice or suggestions to get my goal done am thinking it would be better just double up on my juice next month until i begin to not chain vape as much like the way i am this month thx for any replies
Not sure what road your traveled on your journey. All I can do is base this off of mine and some friends. There isn't any real scientific measures, which is part of the beauty of this

I started on 18mg juice 4 years ago. There was no such thing as a subtank, or 100w mod. It was mechmod or 12w mod.
Over time I gradually took it down to 8 mg. It took me about 6 months before I could break down to 3mg. When I did, I stayed there for a good while, until finally I got sick, couldn't vape and didnt miss it.
After I got better I went back to vaping but with 0mg.
Your body will tell you when it's ready, just hang in there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thx for the encouragement that nicotine is a mean sob to kick i think i am gona both 6 and 3 next month and just run two tanks to vape on an then switch between em
many of us did not start vaping to remove nicotine some of us wanted to replace the 4000+ chemicals and tar and look for an alternative using vaping as a cessation device may work or maybe not.. what encourages you to actually want to stop nicotine? cost

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
tired of being addicted to it iand i want to try and be more healthy plus my cig habit had a small part of why i had a stroke 4 years ago and yet first thing i did soon as i got out of the hospital was light one up so its more for my own healthi mean i enjoy vaping thecost doesnt mean to much itsmoney well spent since i have wasted and spent more on my past and not so legal habits than i will ever use on vaping

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Best thing to do is stick with it, and let it happen naturally. The more you focus, the more you'll stress. The more you'll stress, the more you'll want to smoke.
Just focus on enjoying the vape and and letting your body heal from the smoking.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tired of being addicted to it and i want to try and be more healthy plus my cig habit had a small part of why i had a stroke 4 years ago and yet first thing i did soon as i got out of the hospital was light one up so its more for my own health mean i enjoy Vaping the cost doesn't mean to much its money well spent since i have wasted and spent more on my past and not so legal habits than i will ever use on vaping
I personally believe you should not stress over the level of nicotine and just enjoy a healthier lifestyle with vaping rather than cigarettes

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started on 12mg and failed a couple years ago with spinners and mouth to lung tanks. Recently my husband brought me a sub ohm kit and some 3 mg nic that was giving me too much nic at first and I would cut the juice with VG. Now I vape on 3mg but drip some 6 mg in the morning with coffee and occasionally throughout the day. Looks like I am going up in nic. lol
Still much better on me than smoking.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
thx for the encouragement that nicotine is a mean sob to kick i think i am gona both 6 and 3 next month and just run two tanks to vape on an then switch between em

Everyone here is right - you have to let it just happen naturally. When I tried to go down to 3 from 6 is was a big fail the first time. Second time just went down a little every six weeks or so - DIY might make it easier on you, you can lower a little at a time and wean yourself down gradually.

I'm down to about 1.5 mgs - I had no plan to eliminate nic, just lower it, but my body can no longer tolerate more than 1.5 mgs naturally

Some folks do go up - but it's still way, way better than using tobacco :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Instantly for me.. I only reduced nic ad I increased juice consumtion.. in reality although I use a lower mg/ml j u c today than when I stared vaping. I use more juice in a day th a n at first... do I am actually using the same amount of nic daily that I used at fist while using 6mg/ml as I was at 28mg/ml...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's different for everyone.
If you feel like you dropped too far just vape more juice or go back up.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started at 36 mg in 2010. I weened down to 16 mg before direct lung became popular. It normally takes 3 days for the body to adjust. I lowered the nic 2 mg each time. Today I vape 3 mg direct lung. 6 mg mouth to lung, and occasionally vape 12 mg when I crave a strong buzz.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dont forget that you can also mix juices with differing nic levels to create your own sweet spot.. 4mg , 5mg etc

When I upgraded to hardware that makes more vape, I found the 6mg would buzz me out at times but a 3mg would leave me wanting more.. so I often do a 50/50 (4.5mg).

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started at 18mg's back in Oct. the day I quit smoking. I am down to 6mg and probably will stay there. Only reason I could drop that fast is I replaced the original set up given to me to better mods and most of all better tanks, including building. I finished up the 12mg I had in these and it was harsh. I don't plan to drop down anymore at least for a while. I am at a good place and not smoking.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't found it difficult at all, since nicotine without all the other chemicals isn't terribly addictive... but, I didn't try to go 3 whole mg (milligram, not milliliters!) at once; biggest drop I made was 1mg at a time, and once I got below 5mg, went .5mg at a time, and in the drop from 4mg to 3mg, I went .2 and .1mg at a time.

Nicotine isn't going to hurt you, and the main thing keeping you "addicted" to it is YOUR MIND. If you decide to drop, and don't go too fast, then it's not difficult at all. But the brain gets used to a certain amount, and trying to go very much lower than that all at once (a 50% drop like 6mg to 3mg!), your brain is going to let you know that it's not happy with you. Similar to caffeine -- if you quit it suddenly, or drop it by 50% all at once, you're gonna get a headache that makes you long for a bullet to put you out of your misery. The way to make your brain deal with your mind's wishes is not to push it too fast.

Andria

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[...] i feel like the 3 mil nic just isnt doin the job and i am burning through my juice twice as fast my goal is to eventually get down to 0 nicotine i am worried that if i drop to 0 nic i will begin smokin cigs again[...]

Sorry, kingshockey, but if you are over 45 and have been instinctively self-medicating with nicotine then it is a very bad idea to stop taking the drug as long as you are alive.

There is a current fad among vapers to reduce nicotine levels. This is confirmed when "Jacques le Houezec mentions that there is currently a movement among e-liquid manufacturers and among the vapers, themselves, to reduce nicotine strength. The obvious issue is to get exposed to more toxins but the tobacco expert recalls that the risk is also to relapse into smoking."

See http://www.vapingpost.com/2016/10/07/what-do-scientists-think-konstantinos-farsalinos-at-vapexpo-2016-paris/

It seems a large number of vapers are also lunatic ANTZs and will tolerate no nicotine which is crazy because it is a wonder drug that is inexpensive and readily available.

From Discover magazine, "If dozens of human and animal studies published over the past six years are borne out by large clinical trials, nicotine [...] may prove to be a weirdly, improbably effective drug for relieving or preventing a variety of neurological disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), Tourette’s and schizophrenia. It might even improve attention and focus enough to qualify as a cognitive enhancer. And, oh yeah, it’s long been associated with weight loss, with few known safety risks. "

And one risk of not using nicotine has been well-known for more than fifty years, "The first hint of nicotine’s curious benefits came from a study published in 1966 by Harold Kahn, an epidemiologist at the National Institutes of Health. Using health insurance data on 293,658 veterans who had served in the U.S. military between 1917 and 1940 [...] one oddball jumped out: Death due to Parkinson’s disease occurred at least three times as often in nonsmokers as in smokers."

See http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix

In other words if you stop taking nicotine, at the very least, you will triple your chances of dying from Parkinson's.

If you stop listening to the bad advice of ANTZ lunatics and keep taking nicotine you will keep more of your 'marbles' and live for a longer period of time, guaranteed.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Please don't over think the nicotine. It's the tar from smoking cigarettes that does you in - not the nic.

I know some people look at this as a "...bad person... ...monkey on my back..." kind of morality play. Stop. Trying to quit vaping too soon is a guaranteed fail for many people. And there is nothing worse you could do than put yourself on a path to return to smoking.

Look, I've had a freakin' heart attack - even after I had completely quit smoking. My MD knows I vape, knows my nic intake, and he has no problem with my nic intake from vaping. However, he does have a big problem with smoking.

As long as it continues to keep me away from smoking I don't sweat the nicotine. I have dropped my nic level over a period of years, but I never set any "goal" to do it in x number of weeks or months. I just dropped it when it seemed right. It took me three years before I dropped my nic level for the first time. After a 2 PAD habit for 30 years I just never saw the rush to quit the only thing that ever got me to completely stop smoking.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, kingshockey, but if you are over 45 and have been instinctively self-medicating with nicotine then it is a very bad idea to stop taking the drug as long as you are alive.

There is a current fad among vapers to reduce nicotine levels. This is confirmed when "Jacques le Houezec mentions that there is currently a movement among e-liquid manufacturers and among the vapers, themselves, to reduce nicotine strength. The obvious issue is to get exposed to more toxins but the tobacco expert recalls that the risk is also to relapse into smoking."

See http://www.vapingpost.com/2016/10/07/what-do-scientists-think-konstantinos-farsalinos-at-vapexpo-2016-paris/

It seems a large number of vapers are also lunatic ANTZs and will tolerate no nicotine which is crazy because it is a wonder drug that is inexpensive and readily available.

From Discover magazine, "If dozens of human and animal studies published over the past six years are borne out by large clinical trials, nicotine [...] may prove to be a weirdly, improbably effective drug for relieving or preventing a variety of neurological disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), Tourette’s and schizophrenia. It might even improve attention and focus enough to qualify as a cognitive enhancer. And, oh yeah, it’s long been associated with weight loss, with few known safety risks. "

And one risk of not using nicotine has been well-known for more than fifty years, "The first hint of nicotine’s curious benefits came from a study published in 1966 by Harold Kahn, an epidemiologist at the National Institutes of Health. Using health insurance data on 293,658 veterans who had served in the U.S. military between 1917 and 1940 [...] one oddball jumped out: Death due to Parkinson’s disease occurred at least three times as often in nonsmokers as in smokers."

In other words if you stop taking nicotine, at the very least, you will triple your chances of dying from Parkinson's.

If you stop listening to the bad advice of ANTZ lunatics and keep taking nicotine you will keep more of your 'marbles' and live for a longer period of time, guaranteed.
as some of this may be true the way this was presented makes no sense and sounds fanatical and makes claims that cannot be substantiated

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started at 36 mg in 2010. I weened down to 16 mg before direct lung became popular. It normally takes 3 days for the body to adjust. I lowered the nic 2 mg each time. Today I vape 3 mg direct lung. 6 mg mouth to lung, and occasionally vape 12 mg when I crave a strong buzz.
you beat me I started at 32mg I stay at 6mg if I try to drop I just go through juice like a sieve

immafool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
not sure scientifically how long it takes for the body to get used to the nicotine.. but i can share my experience

like everybody, started with a high nic (12mg) then slowly made my way down the chain as i got into more subohming and dripping... i was stuck at 3mg for a solid year before finally dropping down to 0mg (current). The reason why I dropped down was because i felt as though my body was rejecting the nicotine. Throat was always harsh feeling, my stomache felt uneasy, the constant headache wasn't fun and i just found vaping 3mg was just starting to be unpleasant... i dropped down to 0mg, so now i literally vape out of habit and for the flavour now. I hope to fully be off vaping soon... but like most people here i've got a bad case of shinyitis so all the new vape gear and flavours still got me intrigued

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I quit smoking cigarettes I started at 18 mg. When I got a mech mod I went to 6 mg. That's what they were all doing with mech mods a few years back 6mg max. Then down to 3 mg. I can't ever see going to 0 mg. That's my choice. I enjoy a little bit of nicotine in my vape. I didn't feel any effects going from 18 to 6 to 3. It more or less just happened.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not sure scientifically how long it takes for the body to get used to the nicotine.. but i can share my experience

like everybody, started with a high nic (12mg) then slowly made my way down the chain as i got into more subohming and dripping... i was stuck at 3mg for a solid year before finally dropping down to 0mg (current). The reason why I dropped down was because i felt as though my body was rejecting the nicotine. Throat was always harsh feeling, my stomache felt uneasy, the constant headache wasn't fun and i just found vaping 3mg was just starting to be unpleasant... i dropped down to 0mg, so now i literally vape out of habit and for the flavour now. I hope to fully be off vaping soon... but like most people here i've got a bad case of shinyitis so all the new vape gear and flavours still got me intrigued
did you smoke before you started vaping

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Completely agree. I was actually planning on staying at about 5mg in my regular vaping, but after all this crap hit the blades last July from the FDA, I felt like I needed to try and make my 3L stash in my freezer last longer, so I slowly reduced to 3mg. But I have no plans to go any lower, and certainly not to stop using it completely -- I started smoking at the age of 13, almost 14, and continued until I was 53... so I'm pretty sure that nicotine has become a real necessity for my body and brain.

It's really too bad that even nicotine users have become so brainwashed by the ANTZ... it's also too bad that some life and health insurance discriminates against nicotine users just as if they were smokers.

Andria

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
as some of this may be true the way this was presented makes no sense and sounds fanatical and makes claims that cannot be substantiated
No amount of factual evidence can convince an Anti-Nicotine and Tobacco Zealot about anything related to nicotine. That I already know from decades of experience but some viewers of this thread may become confused so I will respond with more proof.

Almost every follow-up study has confirmed the results of Harold Kahn's 1966 paper, "The Dorn study of smoking and mortality among U.S. veterans: report on eight and one-half years of observation.". [Kahn's study referred to Parkinson's as "Paralysis agitans" for those that would read it.] In their 1980 study Rogot and Murray found, "Parkinson's disease remained the one disease that clearly exhibited a negative association with cigarette smoking."

See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1422715/

Parkinson's is a fatal disease and advising smokers to stop smoking without taking nicotine in some other form significantly increases their chances of dying from Parkinson's, at the very least. That alone should be enough to cause every ANTZ in the world to pause and think before spewing more unsupported nonsense advice that hurts people.

VU Sponsors