Become a Patron!

How many adults and seniors actually vape now?

How old are you?

• 18-25

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 26-35

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 36-45

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • 46-55

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 56-65

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • 66+

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess i'm lucky, the wife says I "have to spend at least 150 per month on vape stuff". And it ain't easy for me.

Maybe we can go on wife swap? If you bring your own money my wife will let you spend it. Well, as long as your wife lets me spend my money:p

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its just a tv show and we only trade for a week. At the end, both of our wives will get their old husband back, and they will feel fortunate since the other one just blew through a few thousand dollars and chucked more vapor than a rave fog machine.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One thing that always puzzled me is the amount of vapers over the age of 30 on this forum, because never once had I seen an older adult vape until yesterday.

The reason I am suprised about seeing older vapers is because older adults generally tend to be conservative and dismiss things like vaping as opposed to smoking. My grandma smokes almost 3 packs a day and refuses to even try my vaporizer because its "bad for you". Yes, its probably bad for you, but definitely not nearly as bad as smoking.

Yesterday outside of a strip mall I saw a man in his mid 50s using a spinner and a protank. That was the first time I've ever seen anybody vape other than someone around my age (19). It surprised me a lot. And today, outside of work I saw my 60 year old coworker pull out a fancy mod. I dropped my jaw.

These have still been the only adults I've seen vape though. I saw my chain smoking uncle using a cig-alike once, but I'm not counting that because he gave it up after an hour.

Obviously, there's going to be older adults on this forum because they are out there somewhere and some must find their way to this forum, but I want to know how many adults age 30+ actually vape outside of this forum. Pure curiosity. I'm not being ignorant and assuming no older adults vape, I'm just wondering why I never see them.
We old folk are stealth vapers. We do other things stealthily, too. It's cool being old. You're gonna love it. Come be old with us.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One thing that always puzzled me is the amount of vapers over the age of 30 on this forum, because never once had I seen an older adult vape until yesterday.

The reason I am suprised about seeing older vapers is because older adults generally tend to be conservative and dismiss things like vaping as opposed to smoking. My grandma smokes almost 3 packs a day and refuses to even try my vaporizer because its "bad for you". Yes, its probably bad for you, but definitely not nearly as bad as smoking.

Yesterday outside of a strip mall I saw a man in his mid 50s using a spinner and a protank. That was the first time I've ever seen anybody vape other than someone around my age (19). It surprised me a lot. And today, outside of work I saw my 60 year old coworker pull out a fancy mod. I dropped my jaw.

These have still been the only adults I've seen vape though. I saw my chain smoking uncle using a cig-alike once, but I'm not counting that because he gave it up after an hour.

Obviously, there's going to be older adults on this forum because they are out there somewhere and some must find their way to this forum, but I want to know how many adults age 30+ actually vape outside of this forum. Pure curiosity. I'm not being ignorant and assuming no older adults vape, I'm just wondering why I never see them.
I'm 63 and been vaping for over 5 years, started with a small 510 auto cigalike and was a rebel with a Boge 2.0 ohm carto LOL. Sadly I'm still a dual user but believe vaping is he answer to kicking analogs.
I think the reason you don't see posts from us "geezers" is that we dont do the experimenting with hardware and that we dont see the "cool" factor of vaping, nor do we have a need to see our names in posts. I'm not knocking those that do post often,,,GOD NO!! because all my knowledge comes from reading what you folks do and how you all have improved the state of vaping today, and for that I thank you!!!!!!!!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm 63 and been vaping for over 5 years, started with a small 510 auto cigalike and was a rebel with a Boge 2.0 ohm carto LOL. Sadly I'm still a dual user but believe vaping is he answer to kicking analogs.
I think the reason you don't see posts from us "geezers" is that we dont do the experimenting with hardware and that we dont see the "cool" factor of vaping, nor do we have a need to see our names in posts. I'm not knocking those that do post often,,,GOD NO!! because all my knowledge comes from reading what you folks do and how you all have improved the state of vaping today, and for that I thank you!!!!!!!!

Alot of the people that post are so called "old guys"...I think like I said before ,are the people who started the vaping movement, and the people that took it seriously and built it with their money and partonage were people who had smoked for a long time and wanted off cigs....I think the first generation of vapers were all old guys trying to improve their health.....these guys and gals have vaped a long time and have already found a style and the hardware to produce the vape they were looking for and so they aren't interested in the newest gear or juice,also they've already chased enough unicorns that the sport has lost it's charm, and they are contenet with a modest collection that works for them.Also they are experinced builders and have no reason to fill the forum with newbie questions about which brand of barbed wire to use in their hurricane making dripper.

sonarman

Member For 4 Years
I'm 33. Kicked cigs 3 1/2 years ago after my daughter was hospitalized with pneumonia. Did not smoke in the house, does not matter. Started with Blu and gum. My process was vape a Blu and chew gum till I was sick and viola didn't want a cig, lol! Started dipping, snuffing, and snusing for a few years until real snus was to hard to get. I'm on a submarine in the Navy where cigarettes have been banned for years so a lot of guys "vape". I tried their stuff and it was nasty as hell. Then I saw all the culture and figured there has to be an enjoyable side to it. Found this place and quickly found that the young guys on the boat had missed the mark and a little research and money payed dividends. Now, after a few months they are learning from me. And be advised at 33 I'm over the hill when it comes to submarining, but still pretty young.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm 33. Kicked cigs 3 1/2 years ago after my daughter was hospitalized with pneumonia. Did not smoke in the house, does not matter. Started with Blu and gum. My process was vape a Blu and chew gum till I was sick and viola didn't want a cig, lol! Started dipping, snuffing, and snusing for a few years until real snus was to hard to get. I'm on a submarine in the Navy where cigarettes have been banned for years so a lot of guys "vape". I tried their stuff and it was nasty as hell. Then I saw all the culture and figured there has to be an enjoyable side to it. Found this place and quickly found that the young guys on the boat had missed the mark and a little research and money payed dividends. Now, after a few months they are learning from me. And be advised at 33 I'm over the hill when it comes to submarining, but still pretty young.

I am surprised to hear you can vape on (or is it in?) a Navy Submarine. I guess vaping is a pretty popular pass time since cigarettes are banned. Are cigarettes banned on all Navy Ships or just Subs?

sonarman

Member For 4 Years
Not really that surprising, we used to smoke all over the place. It's only on Subs due to the nature of the atmosphere. All I'm going to say about that.

I did not believe the whole "I want to chuck phat clouds to chuck phat clouds" thing until a few days ago when a kid with 0 experience walked in and wanted a setup for clouds. The owner was trying to explain to him all the ins and outs but kept getting interrupted by "Will it make big clouds". All I wanted was some juice and had to listen to it all. For a min I thought it was one of those hidden camera shows cause he said "Chuck Clouds" so many times, lol!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'M 58 been vaping for 4 years and diying for 3 1/2 years I know most of the older vapers are stealth vapers but me I'M proud to cock and fire it anywhere. If I'M in a restaurant I will have a lower profile not to offend or get attention from people who actually believe governments bull crap.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoked cigars and pipes for 59 years. All day....everyday. Will never need tobacco again thanks to vaping. I do have a few epipes.....
and do you notice any change in your breathing or overall health since you started vaping......by the way I'm sitting here vaping an e-juice that I made from a cigar, and it's pretty damn good.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
and do you notice any change in your breathing or overall health since you started vaping......by the way I'm sitting here vaping an e-juice that I made from a cigar, and it's pretty damn good.
I would be interested in the recipe you used for that. Is it similar to the Close To Bacco in the recipe subforum?

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As i see it is older people ar more respectfull. We dont run around in public blowing clouds at people.
We want to enjoy our hobby and not have the hand of the goverment init.
So yes many more 30 plus vape than you know. We just know when and where to do it, without causing a fuss.

rt smith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i type all lower case cause i have one arm and it is the dumb oone, lost my dominate arm 15 yrs ago. today at 57 i bulid my coils with no help and wick the coil....as long as i can find my bifocals. oops! the glasses are ontop of my head!
in our little local vape shop it is the 18 to 22 yr olds that hang out in the "vape lounge" and us old folks sit at the counter trying new flavors. you know the ones.... the ones put out to hook kids on nicotine. that damned nicotine dr's are finding is not addicting, ya now what excuse is the government and big tabbacco goting to use to tax us and regulate us to death?
here i am at 57 lung hitting, dripping and building..... whats next?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hay-ull naw! Adulthood is NOT an option in my house! :p:p

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years