Become a Patron!

How many of you are mixing with 100mg nic?

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy the 100mg stuff and cut it down to 50mg for mixing, and have been following this same method since nearly the beginning of my DIY efforts. I figured if I made a mistake and didn't realize it until I vaped the mix, 50mg would be a lot less hazardous to my health.

Anyhow, just wondering how the rest of the DIY world handles nic. Leave it at 100mg or cut it?

While I'm on the subject, how many of you folks actually test the strength of your nic to see if your supplier is doing things accurately / correctly?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I havent tested my nic, I guess I should but I have never felt like the vendor I bought from needed double checked. I have heard a few stories out there where nic levels were wrong but who knows. I do sleep better knowing I have @Vaperstek in the freezer now lol. for me it depends on how lazy I am . I might be out of the norm on this one but usually I just leave it at 100mg. sometimes I will make a base but meh why bother lol. I can still whip up 30ml is about a minute and half measuring everything. I just make sure my nic bottles are clearly labeled. I put christmas package labels on my nic so they are very different than my juices. like I said sometimes I am very lazy :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know that the guy who DIY's mine cuts it for sure, I just sent him some 100 mg and he said he could get plenty of juice made up with what I sent him.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I leave it at 100mg

When I make my base I normally make around 200ml to 230ml of my base. Then its just flavor and base. Super simple to kick out mixes then.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't cut it down. DIY is only one of my hobbies and space is an ongoing problem.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I don't cut it down. DIY is only one of my hobbies and space is an ongoing problem.
hahaha really my main reason to. between what I vape and what I make for friends several 500ml bases jars were crowding everything. I can keep a little 30ml of 100mg tucked away nicely from everything else

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't dilute it down to go in the freezer but I do put it in smaller bottles. Once I get a fresh bottle out of the freezer (after it gets to room temp) I make it all up in base so when I want to make juice all I have to do is add flavors. Works for me.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My nic in the freezer is full-strength (100mg/ml), well-packed, disturbed as little as possible.

My nic in the house is cut to my preferred vaping strength. I just use some of that plus flavorings to DIY.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like I'm in the majority here. When I get mine, I cut it down to a few bottles, leaving it at 100mg, then into the freezer. I make 300mls of base at a time in my preference and whatever is left of the nic is used to mix for boyfriend.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cut it to 25 as soon as I get it. When calculating I call it 24.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I buy the 100mg stuff and cut it down to 50mg for mixing, and have been following this same method since nearly the beginning of my DIY efforts. I figured if I made a mistake and didn't realize it until I vaped the mix, 50mg would be a lot less hazardous to my health.

Anyhow, just wondering how the rest of the DIY world handles nic. Leave it at 100mg or cut it?

While I'm on the subject, how many of you folks actually test the strength of your nic to see if your supplier is doing things accurately / correctly?

I cut mine same as you....

Sometimes I dribble, lol.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i suck @ math, so 100 mg is easier for me to work out when mixing. :p
I know right?!? I used to only buy 60 mg nic but I can do the math without a calculator with 100mg. 60 was a pita. And I used to grumble at teachers trying to teach us metric. lol

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know right?!? I used to only buy 60 mg nic but I can do the math without a calculator with 100mg. 60 was a pita. And I used to grumble at teachers trying to teach us metric. lol

indeed! nod[1].gif

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep my base at 100mg. I do break it down into 120ml or 240ml bottles, depending on how much space I have in the freezer, and freeze all but one of the smaller bottles. Lately I've been hoarding nic for some reason...I have four or so liters in the freezer at the moment and the desire to buy more, lol. I may have a problem and an intervention may be necessary.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep my base at 100mg. I do break it down into 120ml or 240ml bottles, depending on how much space I have in the freezer, and freeze all but one of the smaller bottles. Lately I've been hoarding nic for some reason...I have four or so liters in the freezer at the moment and the desire to buy more, lol. I may have a problem and an intervention may be necessary.

it's ok sweetie.....you aren't the only one. ;)

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I make my 250mls of 50/50 base at 13mg nicotine strength so when the flavour is added it's around 12ish. The next batch I mix will be 10mg nic as it is time to reduce again.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Metric is for commies, euro trash and diy juice makers.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put it in smaller bottles for the freezer, keep 1 to make my base. I do mark them well, keeps my 83 yr old mom & hubby out of harms way.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm testing a lot of smaller batches of flavor blends lately, with nic levels more or less the same. It goes quicker if I have base/nic premixed and on hand. I premix 120ml at a time and the 100mg nic bottle stays in the freezer.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rebottle my 100mg into glass and stick it in the freezer uncut. I also keep a small bottle of 100mg in the fridge, and then I usually make a couple of cut bases in 13mg and 7mg so all I need to do is add the flavoring.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
100mg liters get broken into 8oz amber glass when it arrives and gets placed in the freezer. When I'm ready to crack open a new 8oz, I break it down into 1oz (30ml) bottles and re-freeze all but one. One stays in my mixing lab the others go back into the freezer (usually a couple in the fridge) til the one gets low. I should note though, that I use very little nic. I mix @ 3mg for myself and most of my friends are down to 6.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I leave mine at 100mg. I feel more confident when I can measure out 1.8ml in 1 syringe. I am more concerned about my VG, was that my fourth pipet or my fifth?

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I leave it at 100mg, also. No need for a calculator when making simple stuff.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A while back I made myself a nice mixing tray that holds all of the ingredients: 250ml-ish wide mouth jars for PG & VG, plenty holes at a variety of sizes to hold flavors, and two more holes to hold 30ml bottles of nic. This works great for the stuff my wife and I vape since we're down to 3mg and 6mg mixes. Unfortunately, those 30ml bottles get sucked dry in a hurry when I'm mixing 18mg selections for some of my friends. It's not a huge issue as I always have several 30ml bottles on hand, but it is a bit annoying. I also didn't realize that a 6ml syringe with needle won't reach the bottom of the bottle... That means I get to use about half of a bottle before I have to get a full one :rolleyes:

Oh well. I guess if y'all are getting good results using 100mg nic, it's probably time for me to update my procedures. Too bad I just broke down a 240ml, 100mg bottle into a bunch of smaller 50mg bottles. :rolleyes:

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A while back I made myself a nice mixing tray that holds all of the ingredients: 250ml-ish wide mouth jars for PG & VG, plenty holes at a variety of sizes to hold flavors, and two more holes to hold 30ml bottles of nic. This works great for the stuff my wife and I vape since we're down to 3mg and 6mg mixes. Unfortunately, those 30ml bottles get sucked dry in a hurry when I'm mixing 18mg selections for some of my friends. It's not a huge issue as I always have several 30ml bottles on hand, but it is a bit annoying. I also didn't realize that a 6ml syringe with needle won't reach the bottom of the bottle... That means I get to use about half of a bottle before I have to get a full one :rolleyes:

Oh well. I guess if y'all are getting good results using 100mg nic, it's probably time for me to update my procedures. Too bad I just broke down a 240ml, 100mg bottle into a bunch of smaller 50mg bottles. :rolleyes:

3ml syringes will fit into 30ml boston rounds. At least mine do. Any larger does not though.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get mine in 100mg/ml, and keep it uncut. I use two diluted bases for mixing, depending on the ratio I'm trying to end with. High-PG mixes get my 40/60 24 mg/ml base, and my dripping juices get my 60 mg/ml 100% VG base. High-PG, high-nic requests get to use the uncut nic, but everything else gets the dilute.
Metric is for commies, euro trash and diy juice makers.
Really? Just..... *facepalm*... nevermind, I give up.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get mine in 100mg/ml, and keep it uncut. I use two diluted bases for mixing, depending on the ratio I'm trying to end with. High-PG mixes get my 40/60 24 mg/ml base, and my dripping juices get my 60 mg/ml 100% VG base. High-PG, high-nic requests get to use the uncut nic, but everything else gets the dilute.

Really? Just..... *facepalm*... nevermind, I give up.
Seriously if you cannot get the sarcasm in that then you need to unplug from the interwebs, it be to serious for you to handle.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mix with 100. I started off buying 36 mg base as I was a bit nervous about the stronger stuff. After a few bottles with no spills, I decided to move up and take advantage of a sale. Bought 2 liters, most in the freezer, some in my vape cabinet.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My nic in the freezer is full-strength (100mg/ml), well-packed, disturbed as little as possible.

My nic in the house is cut to my preferred vaping strength. I just use some of that plus flavorings to DIY.

+1 This is what I doing too -- plus sealed and locked ammo box in the freezer (here's my storage approach). When I pull nic, I mix with vg, saline and nic into two 500ml bottles. Finally into smaller bottles with flavor when mixing juice. Currently transitioning and thus using two different nic strengths. Having both kids and pets, I don't want to keep any higher concentrations around the house.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
+1 This is what I doing too -- plus sealed and locked ammo box in the freezer (here's my storage approach). When I pull nic, I mix with vg, saline and nic into two 500ml bottles. Finally into smaller bottles with flavor when mixing juice. Currently transitioning and thus using two different nic strengths. Having both kids and pets, I don't want to keep any higher concentrations around the house.
Bravo idea, If the ammo can is in decent shape and clean I applaud that idea... or a plastic ammo can like the walmart 223 ammo can things.

Actually has me thinking of an idea outside of vaping that an ammo can would be good for.. got a few I might tinker with.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:) In particular the model I picked was rugged and sealed with O-ring (i.e. shouldn't leak even if bottle breaks). They're tough, easy to carry, and water tight (with o-ring).

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh MTM ammo cans.. ya those look way nice rounded edges..
The ammo cans I got still have the seal, awesome for rafting etc but sharp as hell edges and corners, and not sure if range only use or have seen conflict... but they are rusty and grungy as hell.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't cut it at all. I have the amt of nic memorized for each of the batch sizes I use for each nic strength.

VU Sponsors