1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

How many puffs typical on a coil?

Discussion in 'How do I get started?' started by lachlan westfall, Nov 22, 2017.

1. lachlan westfall

lachlan westfall New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi. Pretty new to vaping, and a non-smoker. I have a Smok with at V8 Baby M Core. I run it at about 60 watts. After about 800 puffs it seems to get rather harsh. I was just wondering if this is typical and what I should expect. Thanks much!

2. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I had a baby smok tank but not sure of the coils. I did try 3-4 different ones. I ran mine well under the recommended watts and got 700-1300 puffs before I had to change them. Are you running any nicotine? You said you are a non smoker so I hope not.

3. lachlan westfall

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the answer. Yeah, I am playing around with nicotine levels and flavors. But it's true that many, many smokers have told be to stay away from that.

NineNine likes this.
  4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    In my Baby Beast I run the X4 Coils and get an average of 5,000 puffs on a coil firing 25-30 Watts maximum.

spr258 likes this.
  5. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    A lot depends on flavor choice. If it is a sweater flavor the coil is not going to last as long. Nicotine is going to make the hit have a harsher flavor as well. Wish my coils lasted that long steveS45. That is why I started making mine. I can change cotton out between 500-1000 puffs and not waste a coil. Burn off the gunk and re wick it.

6. lachlan westfall

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. I'm playing around with wattage. I'm at the high-end of the recommended wattage, but I can surmise that a lower wattage would tend to burn the coil less.

7. NineNine

NineNine Bronze Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Close your ears:p