How many puffs typical on a coil?

Discussion in 'How do I get started?' started by lachlan westfall, Nov 22, 2017.

1. lachlan westfall

lachlan westfall New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi. Pretty new to vaping, and a non-smoker. I have a Smok with at V8 Baby M Core. I run it at about 60 watts. After about 800 puffs it seems to get rather harsh. I was just wondering if this is typical and what I should expect. Thanks much!

2. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I had a baby smok tank but not sure of the coils. I did try 3-4 different ones. I ran mine well under the recommended watts and got 700-1300 puffs before I had to change them. Are you running any nicotine? You said you are a non smoker so I hope not.

3. lachlan westfall

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the answer. Yeah, I am playing around with nicotine levels and flavors. But it's true that many, many smokers have told be to stay away from that.

4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    In my Baby Beast I run the X4 Coils and get an average of 5,000 puffs on a coil firing 25-30 Watts maximum.

spr258 likes this.
  5. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    A lot depends on flavor choice. If it is a sweater flavor the coil is not going to last as long. Nicotine is going to make the hit have a harsher flavor as well. Wish my coils lasted that long steveS45. That is why I started making mine. I can change cotton out between 500-1000 puffs and not waste a coil. Burn off the gunk and re wick it.

6. lachlan westfall

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. I'm playing around with wattage. I'm at the high-end of the recommended wattage, but I can surmise that a lower wattage would tend to burn the coil less.