Become a Patron!

How much is gas selling for in your area?

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$2.09 and going down in the Charlotte, NC area. Not sure why it's so much more expensive here. 30-40 miles away in South Carolina, it's 40 cents less ($1.68).

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, Oklahoma is one of the few states that you get to choose if you want alcohol or not. I take road trips to other states and I've only seen Kansas and Oklahoma give you the choice. I know my 2004 Dodge truck gets 10-15% less MPG with alcohol gas. Most road trips we rent a new car from Hertz that can burn that stuff. I know it's bad to burn it in lawnmower, chain saws, golf car and any eng that was built over 5 years ago. I have friends in other states with older classic cars and they go to the local small air ports and buy aviation gas for them.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In OKC prices went up last night.
alcohol gas $1.52
100% gas $1.83

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last i looked we were at about 1.90$ here in sw ohio. I dont see it going a whole lot lower than 1.80$ or so. The first 1$+\- covers state,fed and local taxes and i dont see them giving up anything. Not when we keep killing their tobacco tax revenues.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Up here I like having the eth in the gas. Never have to worry about gas line freezing. No need for dry gas ever. Tho I still see morons adding ito_O

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Up here I like having the eth in the gas. Never have to worry about gas line freezing. No need for dry gas ever. Tho I still see morons adding ito_O
Uh... This makes no sense. The alcohol in gasoline absorbs moisture, and causes water in the fuel system unless you burn it all quickly, or use an additive.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep.. gas line dryer doesnt 'dry'.. It absorbs the moisture and holds it in suspension to be burned.. If you dont actually burn it out and leave it, say really sub-zero or long periods like in an RV or Tractor during winter, it can actually cause your line to freeze. Ethanol does basically the same thing, which is why aviation 'mogas' (no lead) and 100LL does not contain any... if it does, you are looking at your lines freezing while in flight :confused:.. No to mention getting ripped off :mad:

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1.76 when I filled up yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
1.77 in Greenville SC and with my 45 cents off per gallon.. not shabby at all..
now if the grocery prices could come down instead of increasing every time i hit the store..
grr..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1.77 in Greenville SC and with my 45 cents off per gallon.. not shabby at all..
now if the grocery prices could come down instead of increasing every time i hit the store..
grr..

Thats crazy.. Cheapest I have seen anywhere around where I live is 2.05 which is insane coming from New England area.. I did notice when I went to OH a couple weeks ago it was at least 20-30 cents cheaper

I drive an hour to work so if it gets below 2$ I will be a happy camper!

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
truck stops near by are down to 1.95 the walmart murphy finally got down to 1.99 hey if it stays under 2.00 I will be HAPPY

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats crazy.. Cheapest I have seen anywhere around where I live is 2.05 which is insane coming from New England area.. I did notice when I went to OH a couple weeks ago it was at least 20-30 cents cheaper

I drive an hour to work so if it gets below 2$ I will be a happy camper!
1.80$ in sw ohio this morning

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In OKC
alcohol gas $1.63
100% gas $1.92
They just said on the news that gas prices are still dropping, yet the stations that I watch have all raised their prices 10 cents per gallon.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In OKC
alcohol gas $1.63
100% gas $1.92
They just said on the news that gas prices are still dropping, yet the stations that I watch have all raised their prices 10 cents per gallon.
Ya.. same here.. We actually hit $1.64 for one night.. Now its back to $1.82.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In OKC
alcohol gas $1.61
100% gas $1.88
They just said on the news that gas prices are still dropping

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We just hit $1.99 at the regular has stations. The warehouse clubs have it at $1.92

What pissess me of is all the talk I'm hearing out of DC. They are saying that now is the time to raise the gas tax, since the price is down. Then they say gas will be going back to it's previous price by the end of the year. Obama is trying to shut down more drillable area in Alaska. The Democrats are trying to ban fracking everywhere.

It's pretty obvious that our government is full of idiots who want to mess up our lives. Every time something good happens, they have to find a way to make it bad again.

Last edited:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
News report in Louisville ky as of last night prices going back up and will be climbing up fast.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Paid 1.79 for regular last night in Parsippany , New Jersey

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In OKC
alcohol gas $1.61
100% gas $1.84

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In OKC
alcohol gas $1.72
100% gas $1.87

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In OKC
alcohol gas $1.79
100% gas $2.07
It's gone up today. Glad I filled up two days ago at $1.85 for 100% gas.

VU Sponsors