Become a Patron!

How much vapor do you need?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People usually seem to progress through vaping devices until they're using the very strongest mods there are.

I started on an ego battery and a CE5, and that satisfied me, until I met someone else who vaped that had a slightly stronger ego battery and dual coil tank. Once I experienced how much vapor that person's device produced, I got something similar. I was satisfied with that for a few months, until I went to a vape shop for the first time and sampled their juices. Their samplers were held in what I think were subohm tanks on top of weaker entry level mods. After that, I got myself a 20 watt egrip. That satisfied me for a few months until I went to another vape shop that was busy and got to try out somebody's RDA on a mech mod. After that, I got an Ijust 2 starter kit, which is a 40 watt battery with a subohm tank. Shortly afterwards, I got into DIY juice to save money and decided I should have a dripper for testing flavors. I got a Velocity clone for ten bucks and just placed it on my 40 watt ijust2 battery.
This is what I've been using for quite some time now, and I think this is where I'm finally sticking. No more ugrading devices. I know 40 watts probably isn't much compared to those advanced vapers with 200 watt mods, but I finally feel like I'm going to be satisfied for good with what I have now. I don't know why my journey of finding the right device has stopped at this point, as it seems many people would go further into the really powerful mods and extreme subohm builds.

That's why I'm very curious... For those of you who are convinced you have the most powerful device you need, and will never upgrade; what is it, and why did you stick with it?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me it's the shinyitis and the desire to try as many different combinations as I can.
I don't stick to any given power range and it changes dramatically depending on my mood,convenience,situation and level of intoxication.
I have mods,toppers, builds and flavor profiles for each so it's an ever changing experience.
My normal day to day tanks range between 20-60W depending on where I'm at and who's around me.
Sometimes (not often) i like to pop in a game or movie and fog my room with a mech/high power APV and comp dripper and other times I'll simply drip for flavor.
Occasionally i feel like going old school so I'll fill a carto/clearo a few times for a bit of nostalgia.
It may just be the ADD but I love the fact that I have so many options to choose from.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People usually seem to progress through vaping devices until they're using the very strongest mods there are.

I started on an ego battery and a CE5, and that satisfied me, until I met someone else who vaped that had a slightly stronger ego battery and dual coil tank. Once I experienced how much vapor that person's device produced, I got something similar. I was satisfied with that for a few months, until I went to a vape shop for the first time and sampled their juices. Their samplers were held in what I think were subohm tanks on top of weaker entry level mods. After that, I got myself a 20 watt egrip. That satisfied me for a few months until I went to another vape shop that was busy and got to try out somebody's RDA on a mech mod. After that, I got an Ijust 2 starter kit, which is a 40 watt battery with a subohm tank. Shortly afterwards, I got into DIY juice to save money and decided I should have a dripper for testing flavors. I got a Velocity clone for ten bucks and just placed it on my 40 watt ijust2 battery.
This is what I've been using for quite some time now, and I think this is where I'm finally sticking. No more ugrading devices. I know 40 watts probably isn't much compared to those advanced vapers with 200 watt mods, but I finally feel like I'm going to be satisfied for good with what I have now. I don't know why my journey of finding the right device has stopped at this point, as it seems many people would go further into the really powerful mods and extreme subohm builds.

That's why I'm very curious... For those of you who are convinced you have the most powerful device you need, and will never upgrade; what is it, and why did you stick with it?

I'm happy with what I have. I have the MVP3 Pro, Evic VT, and 2 Evic Mini's.

I haven't cracked 30 watts on any of them. Except when I'm sorting flavors in a new recipe, on a dripper.

I'm happy with what I have, although it may seem excessive to some. And I don't foresee buying anything other than a gallon of VG in the next 6 months.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went from a non-variable pen with non-replaceable top coils (which absolutely sucked) to a variable voltage pen with replaceable top coils (evod clone) tried a few different tanks on that, the kanger CE style tanks, a mini pro tank 3, a smok pyrex tank, it was OK but really not very satisfying. Then I got a mech and started building, it was a bit better in terms of flavor but missing that nic hit. Also the battery drain makes the quality of the vape progressively drop throughout the day. Have a dripper and a tank, but like the dripper better. Now I also have a cloupor mini 30w and after a lot of trial and error I'm pretty happy with both flavor and nic. 26g kanthal, 6 wrap macro ohms out to 0.83 and I'm vaping it at the minimum power setting for the resistance. 16w. If I turn it down lower, the ohm display on my mod will flash as a warning that the power is too low. Presently I am enjoying it greatly. I also use rayon for wicking material, not sure how often it will need replaced but I'm gonna vape it till it doesn't work at all lol.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping at ten watts for over a year and have no desire to increase it. Nautilus tank. I don't suppose the mod matters but I have a MVP2 and a MVP 20W for backup because it was cheaper than another version 2.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More. That is how much vapor I nerd.

Kidding aside, I've tapped out at 50 to 70 watts...less is often more, but I don't see how more could give me much more.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I don't really see the point of a lot of 'vapor'. A cigalike produces more than any cigarette could. A ProVari 2.5 has more power than I will ever need...

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't see myself upgrading my device anytime soon.

I got a sigelei 100 watt last year in November and (reluctantly) upgraded to a 150 in March to get the extra wattage cushion and lower resistance allowance. Been vaping at 75-90 watts on RDAs (mostly Mutations) under 0.2 ohms since jan.

As for why, I like it.
I like how it feels in my big hands, I like how it works. I like the weight of it, I like that it doesn't feel the slightest bit delicate. My setup satisfies my desire to feel the warm vapor going down my throat and filling my lungs, which was the feeling I loved about smoking before I switched.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the 150w IPV3 and 100w
IPV4... Been running a RDA on the V3 at 80w and the Smok tfv4 on the V4 at 75w..for me its about the nic hit..always better for me subohming.. Clouds are typical in this pic
1a8f2c65f8a478456a86e7bfdaeaae40.jpg
having fun fogging up my room under the blacklight,

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I started vaping with eGo batts at around 7 watts and quit smoking with them. Then I went through the whole slowly increasing my power levels thing until sometime in late 2013. I vape both mechs and regulated devices, typically at 40'ish watts, but sometimes I like to hit 60-70 watts for a bit. I have a Sigelei 150 and experimented with more than that, which is why I know I don't want more than around 70.

I will upgrade for other things, but not for more power.

dreadacidic_mel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started vaping about 4 months back, on some rando ego pen thing. A month went by with that and, accounting for my considerable curiosity I ended up slowly (or not so slowly) upgrading to a new, higher powered setup each month.
Add to that my mania for DIYing everything, the vaping has become second place to building (though vaping is starting to come back neck and neck, what with vape trick practice and what have you).
Ergo, the power of my gear follows the requirements of my builds. Currently at a 200w max and quite pleased with my various mods. But I am a hobbyist and a collector at heart, so I doubt I'll always be satisfied with what I have at this current point.
It's less a question of "how much power do you *need*, to get the nico hit/keep you off the analogs" and more the inclusion of the "becoming more than a nico hit" factor. Aka graduating to hobbyist.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
actually MOST experinced vaper in fact did not "progress" to bigger vapor or sub-ohm tanks as you assert. chasing higher and higher wattage..most new vapers use them because they are the current trend in vaping...I like to vape 17-20 watt range.

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
+1 Pulsevape. After 3 years plus, I consider myself an experienced vaper. I have been over the mountain.

I mostly use my eVic VTC Mini (regrettably, black, so I can't join the thread about the white one!) and Kanger 30 Watt Mini because they're small, relatively light, but durable. They feature replaceable, rechargeable (in box or out, I do it out) 18650 batteries for theoretically unlimited mAh.

I use both at 4.5 to 5.5 watts and I'm perfectly happy with that.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 Pulsevape. After 3 years plus, I consider myself an experienced vaper. I have been over the mountain.

I mostly use my eVic VTC Mini (regrettably, black, so I can't join the thread about the white one!) and Kanger 30 Watt Mini because they're small, relatively light, but durable. They feature replaceable, rechargeable (in box or out, I do it out) 18650 batteries for theoretically unlimited mAh.

I use both at 4.5 to 5.5 watts and I'm perfectly happy with that.
do you mean 4.5 to 5.5 volts........

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do you mean 4.5 to 5.5 volts........

Nope. :)

In my hand is an eVic VTC Mini. It's currently set in Power mode, 4.7 watts. 2.33 ohms (this is actually reading a little high, I think). 3.31 volts.

Near eternal battery life: Priceless.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bd514a745d4f38dd9b53c38aca178978.jpg
Vaping the .25 Crown on my 20Ow RX200 at 68w currently.. Awesome flavor/clouds and batts (3) go for days on a single charge...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's always uphill, the shiny-shiny conditions and the fact that I'm making a bit more cash than I was back when I started influences things quite a bit.

Started with the Blu cigalikes, moved up to ego, VV egos with dual coil tanks, mechanicals, box mods, small drippers, bigger drippers, smaller Ohm coils, more power etc etc etc

I'm comfortable at this exact moment with around 30 to 40, sometimes 50 watts and my Lemo 2 with 0.4 ~ 0.7, (maybe a 1.0 if I'm feeling weird) builds. Got a bunch of drippers, subtanks and the like that I swap out every now and then - as someone else said, it largely depends on my mood, the situation, how I feel at the moment - all that good stuff.

I've got an Uwell Crown (and the RBA, can't forget the RBA head (and, side note, boo on you, Uwell, for not including it in the original set up)) coming in either today or tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about that, too. But mostly, my coils don't dip too far below .5, and my wattage doesn't go up past 50, 60-ish or so - unless I'm in a position to show off.

VU Sponsors